• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Khanimus

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
You can't talk about suites and not show them, how will outside comic people like me cope?
I posted it on the same page

She was "aged up" already with this:

BG_Cv27.jpg
Slayven is talking about the other suit also posted on that page.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone asks, Barbara is still Oracle again. She's pulling double duty as Batgirl (might as well upgrade to Batwoman at this point) and Oracle.

And everyone is getting a fucking redesign but Batman. Give Batman a new suit already!

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly Gotham Knights isn't even out yet and has my favorite Barbara Batgirl suit,
outpute9fa494da653c842.png

Barbara is just hard to have a good suit for

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I really like it except for the eyes on the cowl. They seem a little too small to me for whatever reason.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love how the "no boob sock" thing has become a running gag of sorts in these character sheets. But yeah, got no real complaints from me about it.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's cool that Bruno is clearly building on the previous design by Tarr.

"Love it Bruno! Honored for the nods to our suit! đź’–"
"It's completely descendant from you and Stewart's suit, no one could deny it! :)"

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Steph's Spoiler-inspired Batgirls costume is still better. Or maybe it's juts because she's better in general.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
I like it. Big improvement on the previous design, but I still prefer Burnside a bit. Maybe change the belt and boots to yellow again.

Honestly Gotham Knights isn't even out yet and has my favorite Barbara Batgirl suit,
outpute9fa494da653c842.png

Barbara is just hard to have a good suit for
I hate this. All the dumb metal parts and the terrible cowl.

Thank God, these games have alternate costumes. This is gonna be switched out as quickly as Insomniac Spidey's

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I posted it on the same page

Slayven is talking about the other suit also posted on that page.

But not knowing the designs I would not know that. I was imagining something much worse with bat bra (Like literally an exposed bra) so I did not realize that was the image. And the influencer comment had me looking for something like the streamer girl from spiderman.

latest

drowsy

Oct 27, 2017
I like that more and more artists and designers are stopping to ask the dreaded "could a person actually move in this?" question and using that to guide their work. There's a time and a place for unrealistic and dumb designs, but for a character who actually needs to Do Stuff, the costume needs to be at least some base level of practical.

I hope that the next step is moving towards more practical footwear. This is especially obvious in live action movies; it's painful to watch Scarlett Johansson or someone run in shoes that were designed for accentuating the buttocks and not for actually moving in. No better way to make your super assassin look clumsy and unathletic than making them run in heels or platform shoes.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Good fucking shit. Tom Taylor's Nightwing has been excellent so far, looking forward to this.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I love how the "no boob sock" thing has become a running gag of sorts in these character sheets. But yeah, got no real complaints from me about it.

Less funny when you know the original Burnside look was designed by a sexual abuser.

But I'm glad designers are making an effort to not do the boob sock thing. It's a shame that it has to be pointed out to artists

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Not bad. Batgirl and Spider-gwen book when

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Any time there's a new design for a woman superhero, there's always some trepidation over whether it's going to be trash.

But this: This is damn good.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I like it. Big improvement on the previous design, but I still prefer Burnside a bit. Maybe change the belt and boots to yellow again.

I hate this. All the dumb metal parts and the terrible cowl.

Thank God, these games have alternate costumes. This is gonna be switched out as quickly as Insomniac Spidey's
I'm there with you. Aspects of the costume that should be smooth are made up of many sharp angled pieces going every which way. She looks like Robo-Batgirl. That's why I say, sometimes too much "design" doesn't make it better. Sometimes over-designing can hurt character designs.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
This is way better than her last costume and i like it took inspiration for the burnside costume even while ill concede it fits a character that younger than Barbara i still love.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Starting to like the more practical/realistic costume. Are there other DC characters with a similar theme going on? (I.e. moving away from spandex)