• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

New logo?

• Like it

Votes: 120 30.2%
  • Hate it

Votes: 249 62.6%
  • Jeni's only

Votes: 29 7.3%

• Total voters

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
New logo made me notice that even their old logo had the "31 flavours" messaging đŸ˜‚

Nov 2, 2017
Don't hate it, but curious if they tried using the same colors from the previous logo... like blue instead of brown.

Will say haven't been to a BR in AGES so this shan't sway me.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Terrible, as with close to every modern minimalist logo redesign (the Neapolitan colors definitely don't help).

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Like so many modern logos, just looks dull. Not really bad, though, since the original logo wasn't great to begin with. But boy are brands all about just sort of killing the personality of their logos nowadays

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I legit can't believe this place still exists. I don't think I've seen one since they had Tiny Toons ice cream bars.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I get it's made up of the colors of Neopolitan ice cream, but they don't look great on a logo.

Kreim

Dec 6, 2017
got a call from baskin robbins the other day, they said they're down to only five flavors.

Is there a reason to go to a baskin robbins tho? Unless you're under the very specific circumstance of giving a group of children a treat while your out, uhhh is there anything there I can't get at a super market

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
*company unveils new logo*

Everyone, everywhere: "We literally *hate* this we can't believe you paid design consultants $11M for this lol what were ya'll thinking"

Everyone 3 years later, when the two are side-by-side: "The new logo is much cleaner and better"

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Was this man behind the new logo?

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
I like it. I'm always down for brown. Brown Zune was my favorite colored device and I still have it.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
why does it look like they're trying to become "prestige"

the old one wasn't amazing but it looked like a logo for a cheery ice cream shop

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
they actually legit made it harder to read, impressive. too much contrast, makes them look way too distinct for my mind to blend them together nicely to make the BR, so it just looks like a 31 with some junk around it. no good

Nov 4, 2017
The incompetent rubes who run the transport network where I live just updated their logo to kind of look like the puckered anus logo from Community.

nine-news-translink-logo-600x400.png

The BR logo looks ok I guess, keeping the "31" in it is a good move I think.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They should really drop the 31, because every BR around here is like "6 if you're lucky and never the ones any person might want."

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
It's definitely better. Reminds me of a modern 50s cafe. I like it! Old one was garbage and too childish

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's better, but I kinda wish they kept the pink & blue; the tackiness of it was more appropriate for BR's vibe.

But I guess the pink & brown will be nicer for all those Dunkin Donuts + Baskin Robbins out there lol

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Better than what it's replacing but not great -- unoffensive is how I'd categorize it. For voting purposes though, I'm saying I like it because it's a vast improvement. The old one looks from another era in a bad way, so I get replacing it.

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a good idea but there's not enough to make the 31 part connect well with the letter part.

Oct 29, 2017
It got the vibes of a the graphic design you put in the title sequence of a James Bond parody.

This is the Baskin Robbins of the Archer / NOLF / Kingsman universes.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
I don't care too much about the change but I'd walk down the road and buy a triple scoop of their chocolate peanut butter tomorrow if only I wasn't on this damn diet.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I think its the color honestly. The Pink/White goes good but its missing the blue from the older logo. It'd be like if McDonalds suddenly added a blue to their yellow and red logo.

UFDkv50.png

EDIT: Ah, i took a look at the article. The branding examples look much better but by itself its pretty weird. I dont hate it but i don't really like it either.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
It's a brand that started in Columbus, Ohio. Personally, no other ice cream even comes close to how good Jeni's is. So good that the $8-9 per pint is completely worth it, and I bought her cookbook to learn how to make some of her flavors.
Looked it up and it's in like 5 locations. I never understand why people put regional brands out there like everyone knows what they're talking about.