• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

learning

Jan 4, 2019
Wanted to make a thread on one of my favorite sports games of all time: Baseball Simulator 1000 for NES.

If you haven't seen or played it, basically it's a baseball game, but with power ups and special moves.

Special moves can be used by pitchers, batters, and by fielders when defending.

For instance, pitchers can use special moves to pitch invisible pitches or superspeed pitches. Batters can respond with special moves like Uber-powerful lined rives, unfieldable grounder, and other big hits. And some outfielders can even leap into the stratosphere to catch would-be home runs! Specials are limited so they're strategic.

The game is absolutely hilarious. I spent a ton of time playing this game with friends in college--and that's when we had games like The Show and NBA 2K available to us. There are pitchers that can shift their pitch left and right with the dpad during the pitch. There's a pitcher that literally can throw at like 10 mph.

Here's a great video showing why this game is so fun with friends:

youtu.be

Baseball Simulator 1.000 (Nintendo NES) - Continue?

Baseball Simulator 1.000 - Nintendo NESLet's be honest, baseball is boring as shit. You know what would make it better? Simulating it.Buy a shirt!http://cont...

Note that you can play IN SPACE.

For anyone into baseball or whacky sports games, this is one of the best. I wish there were sequels but it doesn't look like there have been further updates since the 90s.

Last edited:

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I watched the full four minutes and there was none of the super powers you mentioned. Just looked like a clone of RBI Baseball.

magatsu124

May 11, 2018
I used to play Super Baseball Simulation 1000 on the SNES all the time as a kid, didn't even know it was a sequel till now.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
I played Super Baseball Simulator 1.000 for the SNES. I remember one pitch was a slowball that twirled around as it was being thrown. The CPU would always swing and I always made it curve afterwards for an easy strike.

Shame SBS 1.000 2 was canceled.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Those weird pitches were insane on the SNES. Weren't all your players robots?

Loved this game. I miss arcade baseball.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite baseball game in the past when i was younger. Give a try at Super Mega Baseball 3, its pretty impressive. You dont have the fancy powerups it was having, but it play very great and give that old school feel.

OP
OP

learning

Jan 4, 2019
I watched the full four minutes and there was none of the super powers you mentioned. Just looked like a clone of RBI Baseball.
Here you go. This video gives an overview of all of the special moves. If you plan on giving the game a try, I recommend not watching all of them! Being surprised is really fun:

youtu.be

DBPG: Baseball Simulator 1000 Ultra Moves Montage

Drink a Beer and Play a Game Present the Baseball Simulator 1000 Ultra Moves Montage. In this game you have a list of special moves for your pitchers, batter...

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a video with the powers. Having played both, this and RBI Baseball were nothing alike. My favorite super power was the one where you could hit multiple fielders to the wall.

Edit: wowwww beaten by seconds

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
Most fun baseball game. Super mega baseball needs those powerups and then we could have a debate

BorganXI

Oct 27, 2017
WA
I absolutely loved this game. All the stats it kept, playing through a whole season. Such a fun game.

OP
OP

learning

Jan 4, 2019
Most fun baseball game. Super mega baseball needs those powerups and then we could have a debate
I was just thinking about that! I am going to pick up SMB3, I think a power ups option in SMB4 would be an awesome selling point. There is still a market for ridiculousness in sports games, and I think Baseball is particularly well suited for it.

I hope the Super Mega Baseball developers consider adding powerups/specials to their game!

strideredge

Oct 25, 2017
Liked both the NES and SNES games. There are 4 more more that are Japanese exclusive on snes that I have no idea about but probably should.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
My step brother and I were obsessed with these games, both NES and SNES versions. We'd each make three custom teams in the ultra league and sim season after season after season, logging the stats in a notebook. Must've spent a couple thousand hours playing them. Easily the definitive sports game of my childhood.

And the best power was easily the one that made a hit a bullet line drive that took out a fielder. It would turn bloopers into doubles or triples, and in a couple of the stadiums with short fences, easy homers. Very OP. Can't remember if that was the NES or SNES version, though. Or both.