• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Backwards or Forwards? Which way is better for Decon to wear his cap?

• Forwards

Votes: 90 63.8%
  • Backwards

Votes: 51 36.2%

• Total voters

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
With the slew of previews today for Days Gone the topic's been brought up again in many of them, so let's put this to bed now.

This is Decon St. John, the protagonist in Days Gone, and this is how he wears his baseball cap. Vote on whether you think forwards or backwards is the way to go here!
Decon.jpg

Personally I vote backwards for 2 reasons. First and foremost Decon is a biker, so wearing the cap forwards would cause the brim to get caught in the wind and blow off so practicality is a big point here. I personally had a similar experience as a kid when riding a roller coaster (Vortex at Canada's Wonderland) when I went down that first big drop the wind caught the brim of my cap and it blew off. Fortunately a guy a few seats behind me caught it and gave it to me afterwards. Second, I wear my baseball cap backwards damnit and I like it! And yes, I'm nearly 40 so I'm not a young whipper snapper either, just like Decon.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
To stop your neck getting burnt if the sun is behind you. But you lose many brain cells and credibility in the process.
I mean, you can just pop your collar--

Dear god, that's just as douche-y!
Me, I mostly wear my cap when I'm too lazy to comb my hair and I'm going out in public :)
But backwards :(? I dunno, I look so stupid in hats that I've just ignored them my entire life.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
'Deacon St. John' is the sort of name you'd only find in a video game.

Also, he should turn his cap around. It's not 1994.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Most caps I have to wear forwards, when I was younger I could pull off the backward hat better.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna go out and say it, baseball caps look unattractive both ways.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only douchebags wear their hats backwards.

Might as well just totally give up and wear cargo shorts as well.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I only wear baseball caps with both front and back brims for maximum coverage. But you can still screw that up by wearing it sideways

But really you should be wearing it inside out, it's always good luck

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
If you could pull off wearing a hat backwards, in some instances and outfits it looks aight. Plenty of things ya'll wear in here probably make you look like a douchebag to somebody on a forum too, no biggie.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Backwards caps have been played out for like 20 years fam. Automatic L.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll say backwards because forward would impair his vision which considering the world wouldn't be a smart idea. In general, I agree with George Carlin so white guys should always wear them forward because like he says, we're white and we're lame. And we'll never be as cool as black guys who wear their hats backwards. It's just a simple fact that as a white guy, I can see, admit and agree with. However, once black guys can claim social security, it's time to spin those hats back to the front. LMAO.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I wore my cap backwards when i did a lot of landscaping in the heat. Otherwise front but it really doesn't matter to me how someone wears a hat.

Might as well just totally give up and wear cargo shorts as well.
I wear cargo shorts all the time and they work wonders since i have 2 young kids and a baby. Can carry a lot stuff in those pockets :)

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hating on backward caps smh

It's great when you have long hair and just want an easy way to slick it back.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I don't really like how we are still using the term "baseball caps" to describe any hat under the sun with approximately that design. I sincerely doubt he is actually playing baseball while wearing that hat. I propose the new term 'Quarter-Brimmed Toppers'.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really like how we are still using the term "baseball caps" to describe any hat under the sun with approximately that design. I sincerely doubt he is actually playing baseball while wearing that hat. I propose the new term 'Quarter-Brimmed Toppers'.

You certainly swing a bat around

N97YlMN.gif

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Born in 80 so basically raised in hip-hop. Nothing wrong with a backwards cap and if you don't get it I understand. But I went to a Mardi Gras parade recently and wasn't out of bounds with a backwards cap. In my community equating it to a popped collar is way off. Out of the hundreds of people there were zero popped collars and plenty of backwards caps.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Backwards baseball caps just look fucking stupid. On everyone.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Neither. I don't wear baseball hats. I think they look bad on basically everyone who isn't a baseball player currently playing baseball. Real talk OP, you're 30 years too old and/or 15-20 years too late to be wearing a baseball hat backwards

For Deacon though, definitely backwards because
and
That is the most douchy-looking video game protagonist I've seen in a long time.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I wear a backwards facing baseball cap like, almost every day so, can't fault this.