• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So literally have a dude with a dime bag (I assume it's not just a sandwich bag of baking soda?) in front of me and dude sitting next to me eating something that looks fishy out of a container I've seen sold at dispensaries and he's talking on two phones.

Yay BART! It's only Monday!

Dec 6, 2017
US
So literally have a dude with a dime bag (I assume it's not just a sandwich bag of baking soda?) in front of me and dude sitting next to me eating something that looks fishy out of a container I've seen sold at dispensaries and he's talking on two phones.

Yay BART! It's only Monday!

The dual-phone action really is the funniest part to me, kudos.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
My wife rode home from SF later than normal and the dude in front of her smoked some crack, did a backflip then moved on to the next car. She was super impressed by the backflip on a moving train.

Oct 29, 2017
My wife rode home from SF later than normal and the dude in front of her smoked some crack, did a backflip then moved on to the next car. She was super impressed by the backflip on a moving train.

CHAPPELLE_02_0205_TYRONE_640x360.jpg

Dec 6, 2017
US
I was impressed too lol. Especially after seeing him go through the whole container over the trip from Hayward to Embarcadero and stumbling off..apparently he did shoot up too unless that needle cap I just stepped over on my way off the train was someone else's?

I've lived in NYC boroughs most of my life, mostly not-nice neighborhoods too, and it wasn't until I was in SF for about two days that I saw someone blatantly smoke rock in the middle of a busy street like nothing was happening at like 5PM. Just...goddamn.

OP
OP
MrMephistoX

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've lived in NYC boroughs most of my life, mostly not-nice neighborhoods too, and it wasn't until I was in SF for about two days that I saw someone blatantly smoke rock in the middle of a busy street like nothing was happening at like 5PM. Just...goddamn.

I know right? I mean weed sure but hardcore shit in broad daylight? I lived in LA before moving up here for work too and never saw so much as dude discretely snorting coke in a club restroom.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I walk A LOT everyday in downtown San Francisco. This city is an embarrassment and a complete cesspool. I have dozens of messed up things I see every week. Just yesterday I saw someone in the mission district pants off taking a shit into a street grating in the middle of the road.

I came from NYC for reference

catstronomer

Dec 12, 2019
Nor Cal
I go to SF every now and again and it's always a wild time. Last time I was there for a week I saw someone shit in the middle of the sidewalk in broad day light one three different occasions. I had to use the Cal train and I saw a dude covered in blood screaming. I feel for SF but what the heck happened.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
can anyone explain me what is happening?
People from the west coast refer to man made structures as "The -x-". "The 405" which is just a highway. "The BART" which is just fucking trains rofl. I guess throwing the word The in front of them makes them seem more, otherwordly? Like it wasn't some poor fucker who has been breaking his back constructing these things for us, it was brought to us from some other civilization. THE BART.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People from the west coast refer to man made structures as "The -x-". "The 405" which is just a highway. "The BART" which is just fucking trains rofl. I guess throwing the word The in front of them makes them seem more, otherwordly? Like it wasn't some poor fucker who has been breaking his back constructing these things for us, it was brought to us from some other civilization. THE BART.

oh so the op, saw someone doing something weird at a train station that people call the bart?

Oct 27, 2017
I so do not, in any way, shape, or form, miss public transportation.

People in Toronto call it "The TTC" sometimes.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle

That's just California. We don't do that shit in Washington state and neither does Oregon.

If you're in Seattle and someone says The 5 instead of I-5, they're from California.

OP
OP
MrMephistoX

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's just California. We don't do that shit in Washington state and neither does Oregon.

If you're in Seattle and someone says The 5 instead of I-5, they're from California.

I grew up in Portland but the Californian tendency to insert "The" before freeways and mass transit has gotten the best of me. I will say that calling the metro train in Portland "The Max" is pretty common and I will continue to call soda "pop" until my dying breath.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was a SoCal thing to say "the (freeway number)."

Anyway, you get your car broken into yet? Apparently it's like a rite of passage in SF.

OP
OP
MrMephistoX

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was a SoCal thing to say "the (freeway number)."

Anyway, you get your car broken into yet? Apparently it's like a rite of passage in SF.

Only a matter of time...I did get pickpocketed for the first time in my life though and this wallet had traveled around the globe including the Mekong Delta in Vietnam and super rural parts of China.