• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Finalrush

Dec 7, 2017
Just dropped this in the Mueller Report thread but think it's significant to discuss.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bar...cutive-privilege-2019-3?utm_source=reddit.com

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham said Tuesday that Attorney General William Barr told him he will send the special counsel Robert Mueller's final report on the Russia investigation to the White House before the public sees it, in case they want to make executive privilege claims over any parts of it.

Trump's lead defense lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, told INSIDER last year that they want a chance to review the Mueller report before it's made public so they can correct any inaccuracies.
This is insane. How can we allow a president to redact an investigation on his potentially criminal activity? How can the public trust a report that's been filtered through the accused?

Last edited:

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You thought he was chosen by Trump to be honorable? Lol

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Laughing at all these dumb ass threads talking about the failure of the investigation when ish like this happens. Hotdamn it's so transparent.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thread title is a little misleading - an executive privilege claim isn't the same as a redaction. Wonder if Dems will push this to the courts?

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This is how all public records are done. An uncharged suspect is not subject to public records law due to defamation of character issues.

If you are accused of sexually assaulting someone but you are never charged, that information is confidential unless it gets leaked. That way it protects you from false accusations which could impact your current and future employment opportunities. It's not supposed to be public record.

This is just the way it is unfortunately.

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
Think we are in the
"Em-Barr Strikes back" phase of the epic Trump-Russia-Mueller trilogy.
Let's hope for some serious Yub-Nub down the line!

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Serious question, I don't know anything about this - what exactly is stopping Mueller and his team from releasing the report themselves? Jail time?

OP
OP

Finalrush

Dec 7, 2017
Thread title is a little misleading - an executive privilege claim isn't the same as a redaction. Wonder if Dems will push this to the courts?

"The White House will get the Mueller report before the public does in case it wants to make redactions"

That was the title of the article. We've already seen how team Trump has tried to use executive privilege, they can essentially try to claim it over anything.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But will Congress receive this redacted or will they see the full version. Because if it's the latter that shit is gonna get leaked immediately.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Why would you need to redact something that totally exonerates the president? Hmmm....

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I'm not sure what everyone is worried about, this thing going to the WH pretty much guarantees that the whole document will get leaked in full.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess at this point I don't think the Mueller report even matters.

May as well say "Sure, the president did some shady shit who cares." Since none of it rises to the level of criminal enforcement.

OP
OP

Finalrush

Dec 7, 2017
I guess at this point I don't think the Mueller report even matters.

May as well say "Sure, the president did some shady shit who cares." Since none of it rises to the level of criminal enforcement.
What if for example, the president is compromised by Russia? That's not collusion and it's not a crime, but more information could be in the report. I'm not saying that's the case but if they want people to move past this we need an unbiased, un-redacted account.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
It was expected, they talked about it in the news when he learned that Mueller finished his report.