• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Finalrush

Dec 7, 2017
Barr wrote a letter to lawmakers today, giving updates on the Mueller report and when to expect it as well as a few other tidbits.

"Although the president would have the right to assert privilege over certain parts of the report, he has stated publicly that he intends to defer to me and, accordingly, there are no plans to submit the report to the White House for a privilege review," Barr wrote.

Barr said he will also redact any information that would "potentially compromise sources and methods" of intelligence collection, and any information that would "unduly infringe on the personal privacy and reputational interests of peripheral third parties."

Barr also interestingly makes an effort to dispute characterizing his initial memo as a "summary".
"Also, I am aware of some media reports and other public statements mischaracterizing my March 24, 2019 supplemental notification as a "summary" of the Special Counsel's investigation and report. // My March 24 letter was not, and did not purport to be, an exhaustive recounting of the Special Counsel's investigation or report," Barr wrote. "As my letter made clear, my notification to Congress and the public provided, pending release of the report, a summary of its "principal conclusions" — that is, its bottom line. The Special Counsel's report is nearly 400 pages long (exclusive of tables and appendices) and sets forth the Special Counsel's findings, his analysis, and the reasons for his conclusions. . . . I do not believe it would be in the public's interest for me to attempt to summarize the full report or to release it in serial or piecemeal fashion."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...8b7525a8d5f_story.html?utm_term=.d87d29555bd4

OP
OP

Finalrush

Dec 7, 2017
Here's what they say they'll redact:

D22ahNYX4AA26G2.png:large

#4 is the one to look out for.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Back peddling much.

Also, defer to me, yeah after Trump tells you to hide everything.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
"Now that I got past page 5.....oops. Wait for the full report."

A surprisingly reasonable timeline and response. I still don't trust him though.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
For a document that clears the president, it shire is going to need a bunch of tampering before congress gets its hands on it.

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
"Please wait a couple of weeks so that we can remove everything that involves Trump in any illegal activity"

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
Which will be more infamous? Comey's stupid-ass last minute memo or Barr's "actually my summary isn't really a summary, my bad"?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Jerry Nadler responds to the new Barr letter: "As I informed the Attorney General earlier this week, Congress requires the full and complete Mueller report, without redactions, as well as access to the underlying evidence, by April 2. That deadline still stands."

4:05 PM - Mar 29, 2019

Sahil Kapur @sahilkapur

House Judiciary Chairman @RepJerryNadler rejects AG William Barr's mid-April timeline for release of the Mueller report, saying he has asked for it by April 2.

"That deadline still stands." pic.twitter.com/pl93mHT0Jh

d22gr5mw0aal-8393kt4.jpg

4:07 PM - Mar 29, 2019

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Congress: We want the report by April 2
Barr: Wait hang on just wait until Mid-April
Congress: No

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
lmao hes backpedaling on his summarization which means he knows the full report is way worse
and at this point it doesn't matter, they already got their victory. the media was spun so hard it will be difficult to undue the damage.

also lol at it coming at the same time as game of thrones, kind of funny/ironic

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
A dude super concerned about the laws concerning the president doesn't seem to give two shits about the laws concerning congress. Guess he just wants a King.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
lol, there's nothing to "get done". hand the thing to Nadler, done.

He should have a reasonable amount of time to redact things that are sensitive to other investigations or that reveal sources and methods. Having said that, 2 weeks is more than enough time. He does not need a month to get it done.

Not only that, I am positive Mueller gave them a recommended redaction list. They are sitting on it for their bullshit victory lap.

lmao hes backpedaling on his summarization which means he knows the full report is way worse
and at this point it doesn't matter, they already got their victory. the media was spun so hard it will be difficult to undue the damage.

also lol at it coming at the same time as game of thrones, kind of funny/ironic
Polling shows that Barr's cliffnotes didn't move the needle at all.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What's the basis of the April 2 deadline? Can Congress really force its release by then without redactions?

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Polling shows that Barr's cliffnotes didn't move the needle at all.

thats still a problem

its ammo for his propaganda machine to keep his base in line. at this point, even if a damaging report comes (like its rumored to be), you won't be able to change their minds because now they can just yell "fake news" and point to the summary. this should've been the thing to weaken his support among repubs/the senate.

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
I can see redacting the absolute necessary stuff if it was released to the public, but I will never understand why this needs to be done for Congress, especially for people on certain committees...

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
OP
OP

Finalrush

Dec 7, 2017

Alex Mallin @alex_mallin

.⁦@realDonaldTrump reacts to Barr's new letter, says he has confidence in him and remains okay with him releasing the report to Congress⁩ - "I have nothing to hide."

4:25 PM - Mar 29, 2019

Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche

President Trump on AG Barr saying the Mueller Report will be released: "I have nothing to hide...This was a hoax. This was a witch hunt...I have a lot of confidence in the attorney general."

4:26 PM - Mar 29, 2019

This is all honestly very confusing. There's a couple possibilities for what's going on here, but it seems weird that Trump is suddenly so confident in a report he spent 22 months trying to stop when he still hasn't seen any of it. At the same time, it's even more confusing that Barr seems to be backpedaling slightly. In theory Trump shouldn't have been able to see any of the report, so someone must be reassuring him about it.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He should have a reasonable amount of time to redact things that are sensitive to other investigations or that reveal sources and methods. Having said that, 2 weeks is more than enough time. He does not need a month to get it done.

Not only that, I am positive Mueller gave them a recommended redaction list. They are sitting on it for their bullshit victory lap.

The Starr report was delivered in less than 48 hours. Without the aid of the majority of this fancy pants modern technology we have.

Barr has no excuse.

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
The President is a liar, a crook, and a criminal in every possible way. Notwithstanding these prior facts, we have also concluded that he is guilty of directly engaging in collusion with Russia.

Totally clears the President, thank you!