• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

stew

Dec 2, 2017

twitter.com

Charlie Savage on Twitter

“SCOOP: Barr installed a team of outside prosecutors, including from St. Louis, to go into the office of the US attorney for DC & review the work of line attorneys handling political sensitive cases -- including vs Michael Flynn @adamgoldmanNYT @mattapuzzo https://t.co/us2yeBstxh”

More people should resign. They're are the ones whose job is made impossible.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
If Democrats truly wanted Barr out all they would need to do is start a rumor and "leak" it to the media that anonymous sources reported that Barr was talking shit about Trump behind closed doors

Barr would get kicked out in less than a week.
It's not that easy. Sessions was talking shit about Trump legitimately AND recused himself from the Mueller investigation and hung around a lot longer than Trump probably would have liked.

Trump and Barr are on the same page here. If you believe otherwise, that just means their ruse is working as intended.

Oct 25, 2017
It's not that easy. Sessions was talking shit about Trump legitimately AND recused himself from the Mueller investigation and hung around a lot longer than Trump probably would have liked.

Trump and Barr are on the same page here. If you believe otherwise, that just means their ruse is working as intended.
That was mostly a joke, but it wouldn't be too hard to get Barr on Trumps bad side knowing how insanely petty he is

He turns on everyone eventually.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how many people fail to see that what Barr said was an act and complete bullshit. He only made that statement because people who actually want to do the right thing in the DOJ are pissed. It was a ploy to try to calm down the rank and file. He's very much still Trump's stooge. See the news breaking today.

Plus this is all the news is talking about today even though trump flat out said yesterday that he sent Rudy to Ukraine to get dirt even after denying it a shit load of times. Though this is all people want to talk about.

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
Plus this is all the news is talking about today even though trump flat out said yesterday that he sent Rudy to Ukraine to get dirt even after denying it a shit load of times. Though this is all people want to talk about.

Not only that, but Trump has also been tweeting about how New York needs to stop investigating his businesses if they want Global Entry enabled again:

Having just been "acquitted" from a quid pro quo accusation, he's going full steam ahead with another one. And this just a few hourse after making a vaguely threatening statement about the Roger Stone jury foreperson:

I'm just tired, honestly. Although I do like how he's trying to make it look like he has some kind of a "beef" with the Justice Department... or maybe he wants them to indimidate/prosecute the juror somehow.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not only that, but Trump has also been tweeting about how New York needs to stop investigating his businesses if they want Global Entry enabled again:

Having just been "acquitted" from a quid pro quo accusation, he's going full steam ahead with another one. And this just a few hourse after making a vaguely threatening statement about the Roger Stone jury foreperson:

I'm just tired, honestly. Although I do like how he's trying to make it look like he has some kind of a "beef" with the Justice Department... or maybe he wants them to indimidate/prosecute the juror somehow.

Just laying the ground work for the pardon.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing how many people fail to see that what Barr said was an act and complete bullshit. He only made that statement because people who actually want to do the right thing in the DOJ are pissed. It was a ploy to try to calm down the rank and file. He's very much still Trump's stooge. See the news breaking today.

It's amazing. Barry has literally been doing everything possible to protect trump and all he wants him to so is shut up. I wouldn't be surprised this legitimately makes him made.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
GV3CC2B.gif

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Is this just more smokescreen to fool people into thinking some big wrestling rivalry is going on? At this point it doesn't seem like Barr has any option but to ride the express elevator all the way down to hell. There's zero upside to him resigning at this point, isn't there? His best bet is hoping Trump gets a second term, and start folding up that golden parachute.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Is this just more smokescreen to fool people into thinking some big wrestling rivalry is going on? At this point it doesn't seem like Barr has any option but to ride the express elevator all the way down to hell. There's zero upside to him resigning at this point, isn't there? His best bet is hoping Trump gets a second term, and start folding up that golden parachute.

The only thing I can think of is he's thinking about his kids who are also trying to become government big wigs. Might be hard for them if his dad goes down in infamy.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Only way I see him thinking of resigning is that Trump is ordering Barr to arrest whoever Trump is telling him to.

But until he actually resigns, it's bullshit.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if I spent all day covering up crimes for someone and they decided to whine about me on Twitter I'd probably contemplate resigning too.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
It's all theater. Barr isn't resigning.

Trump theater is really easy to spot, as he doesn't go on toddler twitter tantrums against the jobber when it's part of the act.

Yeah, this also seems likely. For a guy as sensitive about criticism as Trump is, he sure is exercising a lot of Twitter restraint when he usually has zero.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
One of the reasons this infuriates me, besides it being a charade, is that Barr is painting himself as a victim. He's not. He has corrupted the office of AG; his actions have been unbelievably unethical and grotesque. His actions; the things he has done. He should be impeached for his own self, regardless of Trump. It angers me he'll likely walk away from his crimes as AG.