• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
It's hard for me to view this as anything more than theater. It would be great if Barr was finally pushed to his breaking point and resigned, but I doubt that would ever happen. This just feels like he is putting on a show to try and prove he isn't working with/for Trump.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump's tweets ARE Barr's job.

Is he trying to slow down a blowback so he can keep building JD power? Because none of what he said has any bearing on reality.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Controlled opposition

Start enforcing the rules and laws he breaks him or resign

Nothing in between matters and only exists to make it look like you're doing your job when you're actually still not

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
This was so planned trying to make Barr look innocent. I hope the house tears him apart.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
As further proof that this is bullshit, CNN has a story up from the New York Times that Barr prosecutors are "hunting for a basis to accuse " Intel officials of tampering with evidence that points to Russian interferance with the 2016 election.

Yeah, I totally believe Barr is just trying to do his job. /s

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It absolutely is dumb theatrics.

Peter Baker @peterbakernyt

Lou Dobbs, Wednesday: "Bill Barr is doing the Lord's work as well as that of this great republic."

Lou Dobbs, Thursday: "I am so disappointed in Bill Barr."

7:47 PM - Feb 13, 2020

Josh Jordan @NumbersMuncher

This is all theater today.

Trump put Barr in a corner and this is their PR move to make Barr look like he's not taking orders directly from Trump. https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1228118480819490816 …

8:12 PM - Feb 13, 2020

It's going through the same motions that happened when Donald's Ukraine fuckery was first publicly revealed and Barr had his PR team do a mini faux outrage press tour.

www.axios.com

Attorney General Bill Barr reportedly "surprised and angry" at Trump-Ukraine phone call

A leak to the AP suggests Barr may be looking to distance himself from Rudy Giuliani and the Ukraine scandal.

apnews.com

Trump blurs lines between personal lawyer, attorney general

WASHINGTON (AP) — As Washington plunges into impeachment, Attorney General William Barr finds himself engulfed in the political firestorm, facing questions about his role in President Donald Trump's outreach to Ukraine and the administration's attempts to keep a whistleblower complaint from Congress
When Barr did learn of that call a few weeks later, he was "surprised and angry" to discover he had been lumped in with Giuliani, a person familiar with Barr's thinking told The Associated Press. This person was not authorized to speak about the matter publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is a ridiculous charade. Barr is taking orders from Trump directly, not from tweets. They are both utterly corrupt. Trump tweeting the corruption out openly is just him being his usual dumbass self; yet it also won't matter because he is totally unaccountable and immune to consequences because of the broken system.

fade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As smart as "dumb theatrics" would be I 100% don't think Trump would go along with ANYTHING that paints him in a bad light theatrics or otherwise so I'm thinking this is authentic. Barr is being earnest in Trump making it harder to do his job and his job is doing the President's dirty work. It's that simple.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
This shit is so fake. We know he just personally intervene in the Roger Stone case just two days ago.

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean why would barr be worried about getting canned? He is probably one of the last people trump wants to piss off right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Political theatre nothing more. Behind the scenes he's still trying to go after Trumps enemies while pretending to be pushing back because it's an election year.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
Trump and Barr decide together to lesson sentence.
Trump realizes Barr will get the press on such a move.
Trump becomes jealous.
Trump decides HE will be the one to take credit for a lesser sentence.
Trump tweets illegal shit.
Barr, "I don't know her."

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
tenor.gif

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well if my boss tweeted like that everyday, yea it would make my job difficult.

Now ask me if I feel bad for Barr..... I would have more sympathy for someone who just got a DUI than Barr, and I really hate people who drink and drive.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd fucking laugh if Barr got canned for something stupid like this. Then I'd sigh realizing some even worse kind of zealot would take his place.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone clue poor Lou in.

My greatest hope is that Trump gets cornered by his own idiotic instincts into destroying his actual superpower. If Barr is somehow removed then the house of cards loses the entire bottom row.

but Occam's razor says lol no Stinkles this is a work and a shoot

here's a crazier fantasy-

What if Barr freelanced this from his application to now and never coordinated - to keep his hands clean?

and now he flew to close to the sun.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
"To have public statements and tweets made about the department, about people in the department, our men and women here, about cases pending in the department and about judges before whom we have cases, make it impossible for me to do my job," Barr said, "and to assure the courts and the prosecutors in the department that we're doing our work with integrity."

"We totally would've had integrity, but Trump tweeted and so that's why we have none ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "

Sure Jan.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if Barr came to disappear tomorrow Trump would have him replaced by another yes man just as corrupt as Barr was if not more...if that's possible.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't we already established early on, according to the WH itself, that Trump's tweets constitute official communication from the office of the POTUS? Interviewers need to remind these people every time someone tries to handwave or ignore his tweets.

Elrid

Oct 28, 2017
My greatest hope is that Trump gets cornered by his own idiotic instincts into destroying his actual superpower. If Barr is somehow removed then the house of cards loses the entire bottom row.

but Occam's razor says lol no Stinkles this is a work and a shoot

here's a crazier fantasy-

What if Barr freelanced this from his application to now and never coordinated - to keep his hands clean?

and now he flew to close to the sun.

I'll share a cell with you, but nah... He's all in. Maybe some deflection... but this guy is all in for what he can get away with.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
Trump (via Twitter): Lower the sentence!
DoJ: Yessir!
Barr: "The fact that the tweets are out there and correspond to things we're doing at the department sort of give grist to the mill"

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Even if Barr came to disappear tomorrow Trump would have him replaced by another yes man just as corrupt as Barr was if not more...if that's possible.

I imagine that even Trump knows that Barr is pretty much the best crony he's ever going to get at the DOJ. Any replacement would be put under extremely heavy public pressure during the confirmation hearing to rescind stuff like that "only do investigations into people running for election/reelection if I personally approve of them"-rule he introduced.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

twitter.com

Charlie Savage on Twitter

“SCOOP: Barr installed a team of outside prosecutors, including from St. Louis, to go into the office of the US attorney for DC & review the work of line attorneys handling political sensitive cases -- including vs Michael Flynn @adamgoldmanNYT @mattapuzzo https://t.co/us2yeBstxh”

Oct 25, 2017
If Democrats truly wanted Barr out all they would need to do is start a rumor and "leak" it to the media that anonymous sources reported that Barr was talking shit about Trump behind closed doors

Barr would get kicked out in less than a week.