• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Back in my TV watching days , I'd check out some animation domination from Fox Rochester and I'd get their ad with 888-8888 and immediately afterwards "hurt in a car ? Call Dave atar - 444-4444" I laughed pretty solidly because it felt like I was watching a real life Tim and Eric bit. Anyway RIP
I understand what the latter guy is doing, but if you're Asian, you will never call that guy, whose number is die-die-die-die-die-die-die.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
New Yorkers know these guys. RIP.

Why do so many amateur pilots crash?
It's a numbers game. People with private planes spend a lot more time in the air and therefore have a higher cumulative risk of being in a crash. It's why plane crashes are an unusually common way to go for celebrities generally.

chimpsteaks

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 12, 2019
I had no idea these guys were national - I had thought they were local to the city where I grew up, so seeing this thread is kind of trippy. RIP.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Wow good memory my buddy mentioned this to me, growing up watching those on canadian tv

Me too. I'm trying to remember. CBC had Simpsons and Fox 29 had Simpsons 2 straight hours between the two. I can't remember who had the 5pm and who had the 6pm. The other thing I remember they would air the exact same episodes but in the opposite order. IE the 5pm show on the one channel would air at 6:30pm on the other and the 5:30pm show would air at 6pm on the other. Judge Judy aired before of after The Simpsons on Fox 29 as well IIRC. Regardless, I had 2 straight hours of Cellino and Barnes and William Matar commercials. Oh and Lockport's Gambino Ford commercials.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Southern Ontario got a healthy dose of ads from these guys, or if you were further south and west, Sam Bernstein and Geoffrey Feiger.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't remember ever hearing the name Cellino, only The Barnes Firm.

Oct 25, 2017
Me too. I'm trying to remember. CBC had Simpsons and Fox 29 had Simpsons 2 straight hours between the two. I can't remember who had the 5pm and who had the 6pm. The other thing I remember they would air the exact same episodes but in the opposite order. IE the 5pm show on the one channel would air at 6:30pm on the other and the 5:30pm show would air at 6pm on the other. Judge Judy aired before of after The Simpsons on Fox 29 as well IIRC. Regardless, I had 2 straight hours of Cellino and Barnes and William Matar commercials. Oh and Lockport's Gambino Ford commercials.

CBC has always had news at 6 so Simpsons was at 5

When I watch Better Call Saul I think of Cellino and Barnes commercials