• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
god i've watched their commercials for such a long time. i know nothing of him but RIP.

Oct 25, 2017
I always got excited when crossing the border from Ontario and seeing their billboards in Buffalo after seeing the commercials all the time

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
New Yorkers know these guys. RIP.

Why do so many amateur pilots crash?

Oct 29, 2017
Lived in Rochester my whole childhood then moved to Syracuse and those commercials were so ubiquitous i still remember them over a decade later. Almost as memorable as Jim the Hammer Shaprio's commercials.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Born & raised in Buffalo, so I grew up with those ads. I had no clue they were so ubiquitous until I went to New York for a business training seminar, and what greeted me in Brooklyn, but a billboard of them.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
I know the duo broke up recently.now i think it's just Celino posing with puppies and recommending out of the way delis to shop local.

still that sucks. Gonna be weird seeing those commercials on NY1 during work

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
they're like our Siaontz and Kirk, I take it. I wonder if they have the same ad company.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RIP, idk shit about him but that commercial jingle is forever in my memory.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
RIP

In my neck of the woods, we always had Richard Schwartz ("One Call, that's all!)

Also was just talking last week to an acquaintance who works for the FAA, and he straight up said to never get in someone's personal plane. When a crash happens, it's always a private citizen with a license who experienced some sort of maintenance issue and then panicked on how to handle it. My old town lost a handful of well-loved dentists under those circumstances.

LuciusAxelrod

Oct 25, 2017
Been seeing their commercials since their phone number was just 854-2020. When I moved downstate and saw their ads here, I freaked out. I hadn't realized how big they had gotten.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know where I heard their jingle, but I instantly thought of it

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
I'm I lifelong west coast resident, and even I've hear of these guys from streaming Yankees games.

RIP

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Back in my TV watching days , I'd check out some animation domination from Fox Rochester and I'd get their ad with 888-8888 and immediately afterwards "hurt in a car ? Call Dave atar - 444-4444" I laughed pretty solidly because it felt like I was watching a real life Tim and Eric bit. Anyway RIP

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Wow that sucks. His and William Mattar's commercials ran non stop on WUTV Fox 29. Simpsons was on at I think 5 and 5:30 and the commercial breaks were littered with these.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
I always swear that they had a different number that I heard in the jingle rather than the current one.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This shit is blowing my mind. How?
Generations of Southern Ontarians grew up on Buffalo TV. Their stations had a different selection of cartoons and syndicated shows than our local stations.

www.youtube.com

Retrontario

Retrontario seeks to preserve, celebrate and research recent Ontario history and pop-culture. Our content – a mixture of rare recently digitized video from t...