• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Actually...people sayng LGBT people in GOW would feel "weird"...they don't know a lot about greek mythology / history right?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They say this in a series that primarily took place in Greece and introduced Aphrodite in the middle of a lesbian three-way.

But sure, NOW you're uncomfortable with it when LGBTQ+ characters can be something beyond fanservice

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Good on Cory. Hopefully one day he'll choose to stop acting cordial with David Jaffe, who is now known for making such quality YouTube videos as:

Jaffe is so fucking hard to read, one day I'd be like "oh yeah he makes a great point" and then another day I'm like "is he fucking stupid? What an asshole!".

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
Expecting no LGBT people in a game currently exploring Greek and Norse Mythology is uh...

Well, it's certainly not accurate to expect that.

Good on Barlog for calling it out.

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
I'm okay with Gina being fired but confl8cted if she gets completely blacklisted.
First of all, you don't have to worry, that pos is still getting work, haven't you heard, she's doing projects with Ben Shapiro now, smart minds think alike and that shit. /s
Why would you conflicted about that? She's a fucking transphobic, anti-semitic bigot (and lots more, I'm sure), why would anyone with a sane mind want to work with her? She's a publicity nightmare. And in case you haven't noticed, she should not be in front of a camera anyways, because she can't act. You can swap her out with a sack of potatoes in any film she's in and reach the same effect. Well, no, the sack of potatoes would actually draw less attention

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
They say this in a series that primarily took place in Greece and introduced Aphrodite in the middle of a lesbian three-way.

But sure, NOW you're uncomfortable with it when LGBTQ+ characters can be something beyond fanservice

Someone brought that up on the replies

It's funny how people never have problem with THAT kind of LGBTQ representation

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"This is not about homophobia, it is about cultures and religions of others ( who played gow games and want to enjoy the next games) around the world that do not accept homosexuality and which should be respected."

No one can be that much of an imbecile. This has to be troll.

I read it 10 times and it still makes zero sense. How is a culture of not accepting homosexuality not homophobic?

That's precisely what homophobia is. wtf?

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
"This is not about homophobia, it is about cultures and religions of others ( who played gow games and want to enjoy the next games) around the world that do not accept homosexuality and which should be respected."

I read it 10 times and it still makes zero sense. How is a culture of not accepting homosexuality not homophobic?

Any excuse to legitimize their views.

"So much for the tolerant left", etc.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017

They are 100% aware that it's still homophobia, they just think they can get away with it under the guise of "it's muh culture".

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, the norse actually were more homophobic than the greeks were, but it was specifically centered around their distaste of penetration. Basically, so long as Atreus is a top, not a bottom, they'd be cool with it.

That said, where was this outrage over historical accuracy when they made Tyr a weird humanitarian philanthropist lol

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh

Won't somebody please think of the bigots!? We must be respectful to the people who are disrespectful to others; it's not fair to offend them so much!

I've always wondered how tiring it must be to be so hateful towards everything and everyone all the damn time. Like, just stop and get on with your life? I promise you that you'll be much happier.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
so the argument is that some culture/religions do not accept "homosexuality" but somehow, they accept this GREEK GOD killing NORD GODS?

LOL

in either case, it would be "blasphemy"

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
dumbmotherfucker said:
This is not about homophobia, it is about cultures and religions of others ( who played gow games and want to enjoy the next games) around the world that do not accept homosexuality and which should be respected.
What the fuck? No of fucking course we shouldn't respect backwards idiots like that.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Yes cos there's thousands of developers making games with gay protagonists.../rolleyes

We get virtually ZERO representation, and still people cry

klauskpm

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
lol bigoted shitheads will be bigoted shitheads

Every time I see Cory in those types of arguments he promptly shuts those people down. He does a good job at it. Talking about Jaffe, I was expecting him to be on the wrong side, so good on him as well.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
Video games tend to glorify some things at the expense of historicak accuracy. Not all things were ideal if you had a male lover and also belonged to lower classes.

eg according to Solon, if you did have one male lover

-you could not be elected among the 9 archons
-you could not be elected as a priest
-you could not become people's advocate
-you could not rule in or outside of Athens
-you could not be sent as a war messenger
-you could not voice your opinion (because you would be considered uncultured and unstable)
-you could not enter public temples
-you could not get wreathed in religious ceremonies
-you could not enter the sacred place of the Agora

The ones who were convicted yet continued doing such things would be punished by death

Oct 29, 2017
First of all, you don't have to worry, that pos is still getting work, haven't you heard, she's doing projects with Ben Shapiro now, smart minds think alike and that shit. /s
Why would you conflicted about that? She's a fucking transphobic, anti-semitic bigot (and lots more, I'm sure), why would anyone with a sane mind want to work with her? She's a publicity nightmare. And in case you haven't noticed, she should not be in front of a camera anyways, because she can't act. You can swap her out with a sack of potatoes in any film she's in and reach the same effect. Well, no, the sack of potatoes would actually draw less attention

she's doing it partially out of spite. I'm not sure she's all that ideological. Yet I know she has shared some crap on social media ( although she didn't author them).

(she claims 2020 is the first time she voted)

* shrug

I don't know if she was a complete lost cause ( before getting fired)

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
ancient greece are well knowed to be straights, yeah, that would be quite uncharacteristic of them. (sarcasm)

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
she's doing it partially out of spite. I'm not sure she's all that ideological. Yet I know she has shared some crap on social media ( although she didn't author them).

(she claims 2020 is the first time she voted)

* shrug

I don't know if she was a complete lost cause ( before getting fired)
So you are actually excusing her behaviour now. Ok. Good luck with that, I'm out.

Sleepwalker

Oct 29, 2017
If these troglodytes actually bothered to think before typing up those tweets, they would've found out that:
a) the series already depicted queerness (albeit in the most male-gazey way possible)
b) shockingly, gay people have existed for as long as humanity itself, so it's not that their inclusion would be out of place

Like, I'm sure we've all heard a fair deal of gamer bullshit, but this is just plain stupid. I guess gamers just need to be angry at inclusivity, no matter how nonsensical they end up being.

Oct 29, 2017
One last thing about Carano, when she says 2020 was the first time she voted, I realize I shouldn't conpletely take it at face value.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I probably shouldn't have entered this thread considering I'm nearing the end of GOW but haven't technically beaten it.

...so uh...
Atreus isn't Kratos' son? He's Loki?
or is there more to it than that? Please tell me there's more context that I'm missing.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
It would be so much easier if these people would just say "I hate gays" and kept it moving
They couldn't pretend to be good people simply "concerned" about other cultures if they did that.

"Please respect people who don't respect people."

k.
It's the bullshit tolerance of intolerance mindset. These people think that all opinions or views a person might have had value. Save for those that come from the mouths of the marginalized & disenfranchised who they consider less than human and thus not actually listening to or respecting.