• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
5a8373182000004d00eaec8a.jpeg
Fuck. You know what's the worst thing? She could have tried to mitigate her mistake. She could have apologized and admitted ignorance, and then said kudos to Mirai Nagasu's immigrant parents for raising such a great athlete.

But that's not the kind of person Bari Weiss is. When she says "immigrants, they get the job done", it's not because she actually respects immigrants, it's because she transparently wants to other an American native-born citizen because she's not white.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
"10 things far left extremist radical jews can learn from Neo-Nazis"

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Good luck, who wants an intellectual version of OANN? They already got that, called Fox News

Lol. Im like, they already have Quillette for your wordy bigots. The hilarious thing here is that none of them have any self awareness, so whatever they start is going to be a shitshow.

This feels like when Megyn Kelly left Fox News probably thinking, "People like me for me, not me cheering on fucked up politics, Ill just hop on a new network and boom, success!"

Their endeavor is going have a comments section with with usernames with variations of the numbers 14 and 88 .

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

Yes the real revolutionaries are the... governors and mayors the protestors are protesting against.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Eric Weinstein is absolutely simping Bari, there's no question. Her articles were utter dogshit. The one about Australia needing to make more apps was mental-breakdown tier.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
It's amazing how easily people that are part of the problem claim to be a victim. It's predictable at this point.

Ballou

Apr 2, 2020
Would be swell if all of these goobers would just start their own outlet together so I can effectively ignore them all in one swoop.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck am I reading?! Is this person seriously this stupid?

Someone semi-public I know has been defending JK Rowling on her TERF shit, and they've been liking this guy's tweets a LOT, if that tells you where they're all coming from. I confronted the person I know about it; and we had the most absurd conversation:

Him: "I actually don't know enough to have an opinion on Trans rights, I just think JK Rowling said some things I agree with and were reasonable, and others that didn't but she has a right to say them!"
Me: "How do you know they're reasonable if you just said you don't know enough about the topic to form an opinion"
Him: "Akshually, I know more about Trans issues than most people, I just have much higher standards to say when I've got an opinion."

And on and on and on. They're all either (or both) intellectually lazy af, or straight up haters.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Lol. Im like, they already have Quillette for your wordy bigots. The hilarious thing here is that none of them have any self awareness, so whatever they start is going to be a shitshow.

This feels like when Megyn Kelly left Fox News probably thinking, "People like me for me, not me cheering on fucked up politics, Ill just hop on a new network and boom, success!"

Their endeavor is going have a comments section with with usernames with variations of the numbers 14 and 88 .
They will probably start big but end up a podcast on patreon where folks sub to own the libs

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
She seemed to be on Bill Maher's show all the time and got very tiresome. I didn't know she came from the WSJ first.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Imani Gandy @AngryBlackLady

A Washington Post journalist was literally murdered, but yes, let's carry on sitting shiva for Bari Weiss.
What the Times did to @bariweiss is unconscionable. It's not civil, It's not in the reader's interest, and the well-documented culture of extreme harassment will, I hope, now come to light. This is the biggest media story in years.​
1:31 PM · Jul 14, 2020

Caitlin Flanagan @CaitlinPacific

So this seems a bit... antisemitic ? Or maybe I'm old school

1:32 PM · Jul 14, 2020

Imani Gandy @AngryBlackLady

Hi. Black Jew here. We exist. Sorry to blow up your spot.* *not sorry at all

2:09 PM · Jul 14, 2020

I just broke all the mirrors in my house to mourn this twitter murder

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory Generalizations; Prior Infractions for the Same
Fuck. You know what's the worst thing? She could have tried to mitigate her mistake. She could have apologized and admitted ignorance, and then said kudos to Mirai Nagasu's immigrant parents for raising such a great athlete.

But that's not the kind of person Bari Weiss is. When she says "immigrants, they get the job done", it's not because she actually respects immigrants, it's because she transparently wants to other an American native-born citizen because she's not white.

Further proof to me that 98% of Hamilton fans are dopey lib-center morons who would happily eat minorities alive if it meant maintaining the status quo.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal

Yes the real revolutionaries are the... governors and mayors the protestors are protesting against.

One of the more peculiar things in this world are people who've never experienced actual oppression or justice casting themselves as brave defenders of truth under the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. Like they all want to be Davy Crockett at the Alamo or some shit.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I've seen him interviews and I just can't follow the guy lol. He has this "I'm a super intellectual guy" vibe, but he never stakes any positions.
Oof I'm sorry you've known about him for this long, today was my first time hearing about him luckily.

Oct 28, 2017
lol at the people seriously claiming NYT is radical-left now. They've always been a fence-sitting centrist paper, that won't change and if it actually moves to the left a bit that's a good thing

One of the more peculiar things in this world are people who've never experienced actual oppression or justice casting themselves as brave defenders of truth under the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. Like they all want to be Davy Crockett at the Alamo or some shit.

They're just following the example of the Founding Fathers unironically crying about tyranny and slavery because of taxes while owning actual slaves

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
lol at the people seriously claiming NYT is radical-left now. They've always been a fence-sitting centrist paper, that won't change and if it actually moves to the left a bit that's a good thing

They're just following the example of the Founding Fathers unironically crying about tyranny and slavery because of taxes while owning actual slaves
Ppl consider the NYT basically Marxist on Twitter.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a story summarizing the times Bari has tried to get people fired?

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Andrew Sullivan also announced he's leaving NYMag at the end of this week and has a big new announcement coming. Some are suggesting they'll start writing together. While I don't agree with Sullivan I always liked his acerbic and biting writing style when he was in the Atlantic and The Daily Beast.

One thing that's always bothered me about Weiss is her inability to own up to being wrong and her persecution complex. It's out in spades in this resignation letter. Whenever she's misstepped or said something stupid or linked something false, she's "apologized" but then always added something ... "So you can stop wishing I'd die now" or something similar, which makes her apology a lot less genuine because the real enemy is "the mob" or something.

Last edited:

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017

Bari Weiss is a professional victim that has absolutely nothing to say. Her whole career is based on litigating petty grievances from university. That she is considered anything like a "public intellectual" is a stunning indictment of middle-brow discourse.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

Bari Weiss is a professional victim that has absolutely nothing to say. Her whole career is based on litigating petty grievances from university. That she is considered anything like a "public intellectual" is a stunning indictment of middle-brow discourse.

Jbouie always with the fire