• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
hfm84LL.jpg
What is this incessant desire to derail any thread mildly positive about Democratic politicians?

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Republicans angry that a black man got elected president mobilized behind Tea Party psychopaths to capture Congress and gridlock any real progress (also because Democrats barely voted in midterms) but sure let's blame all this on Obama. Then they'll pivot back to "what about the drone strikes" (different subject entirely than their "Obama caused Covid" posts) like he's also responsible for the Military Industrial Complex that's been in place for all of our lifetimes.

It sucks seeing people post alt right talking points on this site. They don't happen that often to be fair but when they do they stand out and risk getting picked up by others. Not just the Obama attacks but stuff like the vaccine thread earlier today where some people claimed a vaccine this soon might actually be bad because "side effects" which is straight out of the Alex Jones playbook.

This right here is the thing that disappoints me the most about basically any objective discussion about Obama specifically.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I've seen some of these things, but I'm not here to be mad on the Internet like that. Plus these things are disinfo things hoping to distract people from what needs to be done in November.

Oct 28, 2017
User banned (1 day): Thread derailment
The temper tantrums don't only come from the right as we've already seen from a couple posters trying their best to shit up this thread with the "Obama is a war criminal, Obama is responsible for Trump, Obama is a piece of shit" crowd.
Obama being a war criminal is a fact, calling him such is not a temper tantrum. Especially when that criticism is from the people his policies hurt.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Obama being a war criminal is a fact, calling him such is not a temper tantrum. Especially when that criticism is from the people his policies hurt.
I'm just going to start reporting every incident of these derails. It's perfectly fair to discuss Obama's policies, but the efforts by posters here to try to derail literally any discussion involving any Democrat is becoming too much. If you want to discuss these things, make a thread about it.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
This right here is the thing that disappoints me the most about basically any objective discussion about Obama specifically.
Don't get me wrong he's not perfect and he himself would admit a number of mistakes. But I just can't stand seeing posts on here like "Obama's the reason we're even in this mess". No, no he's fucking not.

And regardless of whether or not he's ending the student loan crisis, the event in the OP is a good deed by him that a lot of people will appreciate.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just going to start reporting every incident of these derails. It's perfectly fair to discuss Obama's policies, but the efforts by posters here to try to derail literally any discussion involving any Democrat is becoming too much. If you want to discuss these things, make a thread about it.
It's your right to report what you consider derail, as is being outraged at the uncritical adulation a person responsible for the deaths thousands of one's own people.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's nice what they're doing. Adding Malala and even Gaga and others is great. BTS fans are happy on Twitter.

I've said it before, certain left types hate Dems more than GOP, Republicans and Trump. Not trying to derail the thread.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit at BTS and Lady Gaga listed right under Michelle

talk about heavy hitters

thoughthaver

Banned
Feb 6, 2020
User Banned (Permanent): Off-topic trolling, inflammatory derailment, and multiple recent bans for inflammatory posting
I love how in the run up to election season, the "actually Obama and Bush were both worse than Trump" talking points are being really ramped up and amplified...

And in alt-right meme economy format, too!
obama's crimes should be aired out everytime he appears in public, just like how everyone brings up bush's crimes whenever he rears his head. and yes trump will be joining those ranks too as well, in case any lib here wants to call me a crypto-trump supporter. but at the end of the day, random internet posters aren't gonna hurt him materially. he'll die a free rich man, beloved by liberals everywhere while the thousands of libyans, pakistanis, syrians and yemeni suffering because of his wars will be forgotten.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to piss off Trump so much and he's going to go nuts in Twitter

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Star Spangled Banner feels kind of empty in this political environment, but okay.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The temper tantrums don't only come from the right as we've already seen from a couple posters trying their best to shit up this thread with the "Obama is a war criminal, Obama is responsible for Trump, Obama is a piece of shit" crowd.
Leave it to Era to start talking about neoliberals! In a thread about a nice thing for high school seniors who are getting robbed of this memory.
It's pretty much impossible to have any kind of feel-good thread around here anymore. Everyone and everything is terrible for one reason or another.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus those are all teachers that have died during the pandemic?!

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Is this the same virtual speech that seems to have been fully released already, going in on Trump with "This pandemic has fully, finally torn back the curtain on the idea that so many of the folks in charge know what they're doing."?
edition.cnn.com

Obama criticizes leadership on coronavirus response, gives three pieces of advice in virtual commencement addresses

Former President Barack Obama told college graduates that the "folks in charge" don't always know what they're doing in rare public criticism of the Trump administration.