• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

0h-so-Cold

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 2, 2020
This doesn't surprise me. Really all Obama ever wanted was to be a celebrity, but he just wasn't actually good at anything so he had to get into to politics.

Also didn't Michelle have a podcast on spotify to? Is that still going?
You do know he plays basketball well and he turned a whole economy around. I d say that's a bit of talent.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wish Obama tried to use his post-presidency to make the world a better place and not make money on podcasts and films

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
This would be more fun as a political travel blog. Taking turns leading each other by the hand in IG photos. Photos of local cuisine. And as always ends with them trying to eat a hotdog from the middle.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory Generalization About the Community; Many Prior Infractions including Trolling; Hostility and Inflammatory Generalization
He droned kids, weddings, facilitated KSA war on Yemen

ERA doesn't give a shit. You bring up dead brown people and ERA will just groan and scoff at someone that has the bring up the dead people again. Like it's such an inconvenience to them.

I've never looked at this forum the same since I brought it up and I the response I got was "here we go again with the people that got blown up."

I legit hate all of you and your idolization of your garbage presidents and this garbage country full of garbage people.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Adam Curtis: The revolutionary dreams of the Civil Rights and Black Power movements had been abandoned. In the end, Barack Obama gave up on utopian ideals about the future and didn't believe in anything any longer... apart from the money.

Last edited:

NoMoreNoLess

Banned
Sep 18, 2020
Wish Obama tried to use his post-presidency to make the world a better place and not make money on podcasts and films

I am not an ardent Obama fan, but couldn't the money made from broad appeal content like this just be funneled into charitable causes? The same way some entertainment folks already do. Obviously we have no way of seeing the books, so this is not me necessarily going to bat for them. Just noting how "making money" doesn't have to be framed as the opposite of making the world a better place.

If I were an evil billionaire I'd sure try to convince everyone that seeking their own profits were bad so that they didn't have the means to change my status quo.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't surprise me. Really all Obama ever wanted was to be a celebrity, but he just wasn't actually good at anything so he had to get into to politics.
Grill him all you want for his role as an American president, but this is the dumbest thing I've read today. And one step removed from the usual "unintelligent" dog whistles.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Obama still really pushing for "let's meet in the middle" after everything he saw as President?

Mother fucker come on!

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to lie, I'm not terribly interested in hearing two centrist boomers talk. Didn't Springsteen just do some kind of "meet in the middle" Super Bowl spot? LMAO this is so on-brand for Obama that I shouldn't be surprised.

This is kind of an interesting thought. Certainly puts a different perspective on his lack of achievement as president, or his post-presidential ventures.

He droned kids, weddings, facilitated KSA war on Yemen

Shit, this mf'er murdered an American teenager in a drone strike. Is it any wonder his legacy is mud?

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
All the sudden Era wants to cheer on cops trying to railroad a guy who blew a .02?

That's the most confusing thing in here. Yeah, he had a horrible 'both sides' hottake at the superbowl, he's a rich old guy, all of em have bad political takes in 2021. But he also spoke truth to power on police brutality during the Guiliani era.

www.mtv.com

'Bruuuce' Cheers Interrupted By Boos As Springsteen Plays Diallo Song

<B>Bruce Springsteen</B> was one of the few people in Madison Square Garden on Monday night who had nothing to say about his politically explosive "American Skin," which he played without introduction. Most, but not all, cheered.

Which makes me think was the reason he got pulled over.

Not a fan of his music, but dude has stepped up when most people in his shoes were still thinking racism was cured by MLK who subsequently retired in Bali.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished both episodes. They actually get into some pretty deep discussions. Definitely nowhere near as superficial as it could have been, that is for sure.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
also the characterization of Barack Obama as someone who "always wanted to be a celebrity" is so hilariously ignorant that you may as well be talking about a completely different person. The man was an aloof nerd who tried flirting women with pickup lines about Frantz Fanon. People project their images of Obama as a rockstar celeb onto him and then turn on him for being a thing they made him out to be.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Grill him all you want for his role as an American president, but this is the dumbest thing I've read today. And one step removed from the usual "unintelligent" dog whistles.
also the characterization of Barack Obama as someone who "always wanted to be a celebrity" is so hilariously ignorant that you may as well be talking about a completely different person. The man was an aloof nerd who tried flirting women with pickup lines about Frantz Fanon. People project their images of Obama as a rockstar celeb onto him and then turn on him for being a thing they made him out to be.
Agreed.

Awful dog shit take.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol. Obama remains one of the most popular political figures in the country. His legacy is mud mainly among online lefties who don't vote.

It may take a couple decades for ours to become the prevailing opinion about Obama as a political figure, but it will in time, because our criticisms of his presidency and post-presidency are based in his actions rather than a lionized Obama that did not exist, at least not by the time he took office in 2009.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
The lessons of every presidency are always learned decades too late anyway.

Unless they're Bush, where they're half-learned during the time and then abruptly forgotten a decade later I guess.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Don't care for the opinions of either but c'est la vie. I will say, though, that titling it "Renegades" is equally laughable and insulting.

Prehistoric ages and the days of ancient Greece
On down through the Middle Ages
When the earth kept going through changes
There's a business going on, cars continue to change
Nothing stays the same, there were always renegades
Like Chief Sitting Bull, Tom Payne
Like Martin Luther King, Malcom X
They were renegades of the atomic age
So many renegades