• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
This definitely opens the door to a Switch release, either via Switch Online, or preferably eShop releases, hopefully using the Mario 64 3D All-Stars emulator.
Why hopefully? The Xbox 360 port of Banjo-Kazooie is easily the definite release of the game and Blast Corps runs so much better with it's Xbox One port. If stuff like Perfect Dark came eventually too it would be such a serious bummer to have it held back so hard by it's original tech.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
1280x720.jpg

But Sakurai said to play it on Xbox.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
My Wii U is still plugged in so I went and checked but it's not on the store.
I think it must've been a placeholder that they forgot to remove.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
This is a pretty strange mistake, though. It even lists Microsoft Japan as the publisher! Someone playing games over there?

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that the N64 emulator on the Wii U is terrible. Very dark....almost perfectly so. :p

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Blast Corps spirits were datamined back during Smash Ultimate's launch, so I wonder if this relates to that.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow 2020, you picked one hell of a way to go out

Mar 27, 2018
I believe someone at Nintendo could have simply forgotten to remove this from the calendar and it slipped by.

But I also believe that if he or she did that. They also maybe left the game sitting on eShop waiting to be made viewable on the storefront.

Lmao if they actually go through with this I'm buying it. My Wii U is still hooked up, why? Because it rocks

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I really really really really doubt this is anything other than placeholder dates for something that Nintendo may have thought possible one day, but was never coming.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
We're all witnessing The Mandela Effect in action. A few months from now, this thread will mysteriously disappear into the ether and many will swear they were on the Wii U eShop all along.

OP
OP
purseowner

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Enabling modern Japanese players to get into that one Smash character - smart move.

If it's real, I expect it to be Japan only and we'll get silence on the Western front until emulated versions drop on an expanded Switch NSO. Which would be bittersweet when the X360 versions are widescreen and lovely, but it's the kind of compromise I can see Microsoft making.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Wayback Machine tells me this has been on the page for at least a month. I guess people didn't notice until now?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Well, they removed the listings from the page, so they clearly aren't releasing, lol.

Like I said on the first page, probably leftover listings from when they were planning to release Rare games on Wii U VC, given a placeholder date that was ages away (at the time).

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Ya'll laughed at the Wii U but look who's laughing now 😤😤😤😤😤😤😤