• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Oct 26, 2017
This definitely opens the door to a Switch release, either via Switch Online, or preferably eShop releases, hopefully using the Mario 64 3D All-Stars emulator.

GoGoDezmo

Nov 8, 2019
Do we know when today these are supposed to launch? We need to see if the schedule is actually correct.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
That's an odd choice to have on the Wii U.

I guess if it's just ROM dumps of the old games in an emulator, it's easy money to make from the dozens of people with a Wii U still hooked up.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Alright, so, Rare games were planned for Wii U VC at one point in 2015-2016.

My guess? They were moved WAY back on the Nintendo website's release calender after those plans fell through and are only just becoming public listings for... some reason? I don't think these are actually releasing, but the listings aren't just auto-generated garbage since they do list Microsoft as the publisher.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I vaguely feel like this sort of thing has happened before because Rare games were used as test data for the VC emulators/database.

Would love to be proven wrong, but I mean, there's zero chance Nintendo is doing something (positive) with the Wii U in 2020 lol.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Occam's razor is this is an error of some kind than Nintendo and Microsoft agreeing to release games on a deader than dead console.

Has to be an error but I wouldn't be surprised if Banjo HD ports in switch were part of the Banjo in Smash deal.

If such ports existed they would have already been released by now.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
This is definitely one of those situations where one of you was offered a wish by a genie and forgot to be specific.