• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
This looks incredible!!!! People really are getting tiresome with thinking any open world game is Ubisoft inspired.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
I generally don't really enjoy open world games because I like my experiences tighter and more focused.
I dabble of course, but you're talking to someone whose favorite open worlds are like... L.A. Noire. Pretty set dressing, nothing to distract me from the core experience.

My last two I actually finished are like... BOTW and No More Heroes ;).

Though I have concernes about open world tarnishing the incredibly well designed interlocking level design of Dark Souls and the clever enemy placement and navigation trickery of their standard fair titles... which are some of my favorite parts... King's field/souls series is still my favorite so heck yea I just pre ordered the $200 collectors edition :D

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No collector's edition for PC users, why does bandai namco hate PC gamers :(

This looks incredible!!!! People really are getting tiresome with thinking any open world game is Ubisoft inspired.
We saw the same thing with BotW. Default dismissals that it would be just another "ubiclone", especially since it had towers.

There is such a thing as execution. Ubisoft isn't mediocre because of the design concepts, but flaccid execution.

Everything I've seen in this preview looks tight, sharp, and as if a lot of design work has gone into it.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Let's move the discussion over to the new thread.
www.resetera.com

ELDEN RING - Gameplay Preview News

Footage is from a PC build showcasing the world, traversal (horseback + spirit springs), dungeons, combat and stealth. Pre-orders are now live too. -- Incomplete map stitch:

Status
Not open for further replies.