• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Mods, change the title to "they publish The iDOLM@STER" so it's clearer to more people who this Bandai Namco is.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You mean the developers for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Why Dark Souks when they are also publishing Dream Works' Spirit: Lucky's Adventure?
GUEST_90ab49f4-ab17-4746-963d-1d8c58a6b2f4

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Developer of Souls-like, Code Vein" Do it mods

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, going by recent threads this either means they're selling to Microsoft or shutting down their games division.

Big news.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, ok, I'll allow these increasingly ridiculous thread titles framing things around From, but I'll need you to take it a bit further.

"Bandai Namco (they publish games by From Software (they made Echo Night))..."

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
It would be funny, while possible, if Dark Souls had better netcode than their fighting games.

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
Namco Bandai, of Taiko no Tatsujin fame

Not much to say about the news, I guess. Where should I ask for a good JoJo game?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what this is gonna be or who is making this. Outside of Ace Combat team idk who else they have internally that can make what I assume is a typical open world ARPG....none of their studios scream quality.

Just based on their history it'd point toward a collaboration project rather than an internally developed game. An open-world ARPG would be weird though since they're already doing that with Elden Ring. And unless From just bizarrely faceplants out of nowhere, the it's going to be very popular.

Nov 21, 2017
Oh no I guess this restructuring news means MS, Sony or Nintendo are going tom acquire them.
No this is just something all major Japanese corporations do at this time of the year because the new FY begins soon.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
There's something of a self fulfilling prophecy shit with all those japanese devs aiming for the west cause the home market is declining according to them (while in fact it's growing, but not thanks the platform they want to support...)

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Just based on their history it'd point toward a collaboration project rather than an internally developed game. An open-world ARPG would be weird though since they're already doing that with Elden Ring. And unless From just bizarrely faceplants out of nowhere, the it's going to be very popular.
You say this like they didnt go and ape a Souls games while working with the people that make Souls games. I dont think they are gonna mind much if they add another one to the pile if it brings them money.

Besides you need to make something that is gonna attract people to your big budget game and ARPGs are still big sellers as far as I can tell.

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad a new meta copypasta for titles is born here.

Appreciate the meta, though looking at their IP list it's a bit disappointing that Dark Souls isn't in their major IP list and many of these IPs are more or less bound in Japan...

LXftcWm.png

The official nomenclature is 'Bamco' people.

After not very good gacha rolls I call them Scamco these days :|

Bamco is way too diversified to be a good buy for either, so hopefully we can keep that talk out of this thread.

They could buy Sega this time lol

Slightly more seriously, Sony could buy them out and eliminiate more of the competition in the cross-media area (Lantis competes with Sony Music, Sunrise competes with Aniplex, their BNEI competes with Aniplex and SIE sorta).

Mods, change the title to "they publish The iDOLM@STER" so it's clearer to more people who this Bandai Namco is.

Maybe Elon Musk will buy them out and get Sachiko on a SpaceX rocket

The 2nd Bandai Namco Entertainment Festival at Tokyo Dome "last weekend" was going to be totally awesome too...
fes.bn-ent.net

バンダイナムコエンターテインメントフェスティバル 2nd

『バンダイナムコエンターテインメントフェスティバル2nd』開催!5月14日(土)・15日(日)ZOZOマリンスタジアム!! 詳細はこちら⇒https://fes.bn-ent.net

Wow, going by recent threads this either means they're selling to Microsoft or shutting down their games division.

Big news.

They're totally going to get rid of the Amusement division aren't they (following Sega yet again)
www.resetera.com

SegaSammy decided to sell Sega's Amusement Center business

SEGA SAMMY HOLDINGS Inc. (the Company) resolved to transfer a portion of the shares of SEGA ENTERTAINMENT CO., LTD. (SE) held by SEGA GROUP CORPORATION (SHQ), a consolidated subsidiary of the Company, to GENDA Inc. (GENDA) at Board of Directors meeting held...

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
You say this like they didnt go and ape a Souls games while working with the people that make Souls games. I dont think they are gonna mind much if they add another one to the pile if it brings them money.

Besides you need to make something that is gonna attract people to your big budget game and ARPGs are still big sellers as far as I can tell.

Code Vein? I'd be surprised if it had a budget like the Souls game. I'm mainly talking about it'd be weird if they were going to make an open-world ARPG that's has an even bigger budget than ER, because there's no way that's not going to be one of their more expensive games (if not the most expensive by the time it launches). Because at that point you're getting into a situation where who exactly is going to develop that game? They obviously wouldn't trust just any developer with that kind of budget. They'd want to make sure that studio has a history where there's very little chance that it's quality isn't going to be questionable. Like From's pedigree tells them that they don't have anything to really worry about when it comes to quality.

Indy_Rex

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
I'm surprised the first page of this thread didn't include "Microsoft gonna buy BAMCO now"!

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Must be priming themselves to be acquired by Microsoft. That's the only explanation for a perfectly normal organisation restructure like this.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Restructuring to ensure the next Ridge Racer is the best it can be!

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Developer of such hit classics as Ridge Racer, more like.

In any case, good luck to them.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe with this reestructure they can go and tell the spanish guy (cant say the name) that handles their ip to make shitty unfinished 3d animated shorts ripping off students to go an fuck himself with a big ass stick and get the fuck out.
I dont understand after every shitfest he has done (or better said hasnt lol) after the pacman short NB still gives him ips to work with every year.

Sorry, some personal stuff i wanted to vent off. But i really hope someday they actually stop lending him ips so he can stop using them to rip off students.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Developer of Pacman Vs., the game that completely revolutionized multiplayer console gaming on the Nintendo Gamecube?

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere...
Is a joke. Some era posters believe MS is going to buy Sega lol. I expect some mergers in Japan in the next years though, between Konami, Taito, Sega, Bamco...

Square Enix already owns taito though and they've only started reusing the taito name for console games recently (last couple years)

On topic: I hope this means they can release more quality games timely. The Japanese gaming market is shrinking so much and it's not hard to see developers struggling. Series that promise to have new titles keeps delaying: Tales, Digimon... (Add in Ace Attorney from Capcom...)