• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Bandai Namco will host "Play Anime Live," a digital showcase featuring the latest news and trailers for its lineup of upcoming console, PC, and mobile game titles, on July 22 at 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET, the company announced. You will be able to watch it live on YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook/a>.

In addition to news and trailers, the showcase will also feature questions-and-answers with the developers, live giveaways, and more.

www.gematsu.com

Bandai Namco ‘Play Anime Live’ showcase set for July 22

Bandai Namco will host “Play Anime Live,” a digital showcase featuring the latest news and trailers for its lineup of upcoming console, PC, and mobile game titles, on July 22 at 4:00 p.…

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Most likely the Demon Slayer PS4 game will be announced for localization. There's no way that license will be passed by.

EDIT: Silly me, I assumed it was Bamco cause CC2 was developing it, but looks like Aniplex is publishing it, at least in Japan.

Last edited:

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Oooh, I smell some Switch announcements... Maybe some more late ports, Shinobi Striker, Alicization Lyricois, Kakarot, Code Vein or even One Punch Man... Bring them all Namco, I'll buy them all.

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Licensed stuff + anime-esque stuff. So you can probably expect Scarlet Nexus there as well.

I would've said Tales of Arise too if it hadn't been delayed, but hopefully the delay doesn't mean they can't show us something new.

I was gonna say Elden Ring might be here but that seems like something Microsoft would have at their thing.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
They finally going to announce that new Digimon Story game? Swear it was supposed to be announced last year.

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Outside of Tales I mainly would want a pc port announcement of Gundam Extreme. Can't be leaving us hanging after all the stuff with New Gundam Breaker.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Despite the delay, I bet on Tales of Arise being there, especially since there's no Tales of Festival this year.

Don't expect Elden Ring, don't do this to yourselves (although I could see it being at Xbox's event in July, which should be the same week).

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Never will get hyped for another Bandai Namco anime game again

Same ol starting off with intriguing marketing in the beginning then product comes out low budget half assed anime games from them each time

They don't care to make good games no more just cash in on licensed anime names on the cheap

OP
OP

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Low expectations
OIP.xA1PL3_6HhdLYGMe939t5wHaEJ

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Tales of Crestoria has a release date on the iOS store for July 22nd.

I'm going to guess that the game is going to launch that day as well. Best way to advertise it and then drop it the same day.

Jota typeZERO

Nov 3, 2017
Spain
I suppose -like many others in this thread- that most of the games to be announced or refreshed are the anime-licensed ones (I mean, it is obvious judging from the title), with Gundam Extreme VS and Captain Tsubasa being their latest cards. Of course, there are a few small possibilities for Tales of Arise to be talked about, and some new Tales remaster could be appreciated (Abyss stan here).

*"not gonna happen, but why not" expectations: Bandai Namco recognising that an international iM@S fanbase exists and deciding to bring Starlit Season to non-Asian audiences*

Last edited:

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Hopefully they officially announce localization on Blue Protocol. Game looks ambitious as hell.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
There's six more DLC characters to come for Pirate Warriors 4 so that's a pretty fair bet too. A late Switch port for One Piece World Seeker doesn't seem out of the question either (or Burning Blood, fuck it, it's Namco).

I guess there's a possibility of teases for future Dragonball, One Piece, or Naruto games too since they're all roughly yearly these days. They tend to come out in the Jan-April range so you could get an announcement trailer this early.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Why is it called play anime? Such a weird title because my first thought was games based on anime franchises.

Oct 25, 2017
oh yeah... maybe a tease of the 'big content update' for kakarot season pass? heard the first dlc with beerus was really underwhelming.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't think they make much that interests me anymore.

I like the look of Scarlet Nexus though. And a NNKII port for Switch would be nice.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what they have to show. They got a lot of their big releases out of the way with Jump Force, OPM, Pirate Warriors, and My Hero. I guess each of them could have more of their DLC revealed. 2019 was the first year in a minute we haven't had a new Naruto game release so that wouldn't surprise me either. Other than that maybe more Switch ports and Digimon Survive finally.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Those fuckers better show something about Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans: Urd Hunt. That shit has been dipping in and out of sight more than the goddamn Lock Ness monster for years now.

Also, it'd be cool if they had some new Gundam game announcements and just fucking told us that A) they've got PC versions and B) are or are not coming to the west right out the gate, because Bandai Namco's track record in this regard has been quite shit.

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
The iDOLM@STER news never. Unless they would finally announce a western release, but I doubt it.
But then again, before the game itself got announced we could only joke about a PC version, but there it it.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why is it called play anime? Such a weird title because my first thought was games based on anime franchises.
I mean given this is Bamco I'd assume most of the games are just that. Stuff like dragonball games, one piece games, gundam games, etc. With maybe a few anime style games like tales that aren't directly from a franchise

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Desperate for some Digimon Survive news, and then maybe a formal reveal for the Digimon Story game finally. Maybe some SRW info too, since the last game was a March 2019 release and they've typically held to a yearly schedule for those (but they're February / March releases, so they've already had more time for this next entry).
Digimon, nexus, and what else?
Possibly a Dimps game because they've been MIA since 2018 (though I imagine they're busy co-developing Street Fighter VI too), their MMO Blue Protocol if they're counting 'anime-styled games', etc.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Desperate for some Digimon Survive news, and then maybe a formal reveal for the Digimon Story game finally. Maybe some SRW info too, since the last game was a March 2019 release and they've typically held to a yearly schedule for those (but they're February / March releases, so they've already had more time for this next entry).

Possibly a Dimps game because they've been MIA since 2018 (though I imagine they're busy co-developing Street Fighter VI too), their MMO Blue Protocol if they're counting 'anime-styled games', etc.
They're not showing SRW on a worldwide presentation. The devs know their audience and they do their own streams for them. Even if they're announcing a new OG or even an OG compilation, I still wouldn't say that this is where they'd show it.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
With this coming up, I'm getting for a digimon survive trailer/release date, maybe a new trailer for tales of arise, and hopefully news of a tales remaster/port given that it is the 25th anniversary after all.

Not sure how to manage expectations for this, but given namco's currently announced stuff, it should be an exciting event