• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Zero creativity. Zero artistic integrity.
Come the fuck on.

I realize people want new IPs and that's great, but let's not shit on the astounding creative work that countless people go through to make these. It's less creative at the very top level, sure, but would you really tell the animators, designers, artists, musicians, actors, etc, that their work literally has zero creativity and artistic integrity whatsoever?

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A pseudo-"live action" (Lion King style) Bambi probably could top $500 million WW, maybe far more than that and Disney Plus always needs more content too, so I mean ... it really wouldn't make sense not to do it.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
sup Disney...sup McDonalds.

s-l1600.jpg

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
Come the fuck on.

I realize people want new IPs and that's great, but let's not shit on the astounding creative work that countless people go through to make these. It's less creative at the very top level, sure, but would you really tell the animators, designers, artists, musicians, actors, etc, that their work literally has zero creativity and artistic integrity whatsoever?
I am referring to the existance of the film in general, so indeed the very top level. Obviously there's still extremely talented people working on projects like these. Something of this scope could never happen without them, and it feels kinda bad to know they're working on a(nother?) remake, rather than getting to use their talents to create something original.

Bad Advice

Jan 8, 2019
buy a ticket to watch a movie, don't know if it's good or bad. it's bad. but now I have contributed to the studio making gazillions and they think I want a sequel. fml.

(haven't seen the Lion King but I hate this logic "the previous movies made billions!")

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Bambi might be an interesting remake. There's barely any story at all in the thing. They'd have to actually get creative.

Jan 10, 2018
Not that I don't believe you, but under what circles is that considered to be gospel?

Nowhere. I'm talking general audiences here. General audiences watched Disney animation(which is for kids), Disney Marvel live action(which is for grownups), saturday morning cartoons(well duh) and saw Shrek and Toy Story as the evolution of animation. Now GCI largely replaced the inferior animation and grownups would never watch a animated Disney Marvel movie to the same extent they watch live actions. Spiderverse made almost half what Thor 2 did.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'd rather have a 900 pound man wearing cleats curb-stomp my testicles than watch another photorealistically animated Disney movie.