• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
Yep I've worked with a lot BD patients over my years as a clinician. It is a brutal disease.
It really is, and the thing that sucks about it is how amazingly euphoric it feels when you reach the high. It makes you feel invincible, like you can conquer the world. But eventually, that feeling goes away and the crash hits you hard...

I'd love for more people to be aware of how shitty it can be, as too many people still don't understand how traumatic it is to a person's psyche. Up becomes down, right becomes left, and before you know it, you're doing some of the most asinine things without even realizing it.

labx

Oct 25, 2017
Medellín, Colombia
It really is, and the thing that sucks about it is how amazingly euphoric it feels when you reach the high. It makes you feel invincible, like you can conquer the world. But eventually, that feeling goes away and the crash hits you hard...

I'd love for more people to be aware of how shitty it can be, as too many people still don't understand how traumatic it is to a person's psyche. Up becomes down, right becomes left, and before you know it, you're doing some of the most asinine things without even realizing it.

When I read people like you, with a lot of awerness and compassion, about mental diseases and mental health, I'm hopeful that they rest of the people someday will understand how big of a d

If only more people had your awereness abd compassion regarding mental diseases, the world be a safer place gor the people how suffers so much.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
It sounds like Knoxville, Tremaine, and Jonze were using Jackass 4 the way Kevin Smith used Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. As sort of a carrot to get Bam a paycheck and sober him up while under their supervision. I know that the side cast was really pushing for another Jackass because what else are they supposed to do with their lives, especially when they can't tour and do appearances and shit.

Hope he gets it together and this doesn't end the bad way.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Bipolar disorder is no joke and hopefully the help sticks this time. being a substance abuser with bipolar disorder and going through manic episodes, completely unchecked is just a disaster waiting to happen. hopefully people around him are genuinely trying to help and not just help to get the movie together.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018

Yup. I had struggled with this for a long time and I didn't realize that I was bipolar. I just got diagnosed recently. It's hard to deal with. I don't get full blown mania but hypomania so I can only imagine how hard that is.

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Bam will hopefully survive this next decade. I wouldn't be surprised if not. Such a shame. I undrstand the abuse angle towards his parents but the guy was a great skater for his time and heaing him get back into it in Barca was a real uplifting moment. He's had issues from day dot. He didn't handle them well, nor did he handle money well and it didn't help him either. He's been sick a while but he was a good skater, entertainer (despite) and seeing anyone in this state is sad. When The Dreamcatcher hangs up the phone on you, you know there's issues.

Big up Steve, Novak and all of them that got through it. It must be hard being young, dumb and full of drugs.

On a side note, what the fuck does Dico look like these days though? I wanna see HeisenDico come back for BreakingKombat.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
Bam will hopefully survive this next decade. I wouldn't be surprised if not. Such a shame. I undrstand the abuse angle towards his parents but the guy was a great skater for his time and heaing him get back into it in Barca was a real uplifting moment. He's had issues from day dot. He didn't handle them well, nor did he handle money well and it didn't help him either. He's been sick a while but he was a good skater, entertainer (despite) and seeing anyone in this state is sad. When The Dreamcatcher hangs up the phone on you, you know there's issues.

Big up Steve, Novak and all of them that got through it. It must be hard being young, dumb and full of drugs.

On a side note, what the fuck does Dico look like these days though? I wanna see HeisenDico come back for BreakingKombat.
the last time I saw Dico was when he did the Madden Rap with Mega64.

Fuck, I really hope Bam gets it together. :(

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Well at first he posted a hopeful message about getting help and is now spiraling again. It's so sad to watch this happen and not be able to help.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
This was all after his hopeful posting.

dvb5Wyb.png

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Wow he's not handling this well. Pretty clear he's relapsed again. Really sad

Oct 30, 2017
If the rule he broke is "don't use drugs around recovering addicts" then I don't know what he expected. I mean part of getting the crew back together was probably to try and keep Bam sober, but not at the risk of everyone else relapsing as well.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Man, this is tragic. I don't know what kind of a wake-up call could help sort Bam out at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
He was on Dr. Phil as he requested and just lashed out at his parents and wife.

He doesn't seem to get it.

He did light up when talking about his son but I guess that wasn't motivation enough.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
He's in trouble alright.

They had to throw Steve-O in a psych ward to save him, but not sure Bam would do the same. Sad and hard watch.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly shocked more of them didn't die or wind up completely paralyzed a long time ago.
Johnny Knoxville's body is disturbingly fucked up. He had an interview in which he detailed how badly he was hurt for some forgettable movie called Action Point (the guy bent his knee backwards and popped his eye out of its socket for a movie no one even saw!) and it just really bummed me out that he's putting himself through these stunts at all.

www.vanityfair.com

Johnny Knoxville Breaks Down Every Injury of His Career

Johnny Knoxville breaks down all the injuries of his career. From pepper spray and taser guns, to breaking his ankle crossing the LA river, to getting shot by a rocket over a lake and getting landed on by a motorbike, listen to Johnny break down the timeline of his injuries, Johnny's new movie...

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
This dude so clearly has survivors guilt or PTSD or what not for enabling everything leading up to Dunn getting in that wreck - i can't imagine what it's like having the gravy train attached to you
Johnny Knoxville's body is disturbingly fucked up. He had an interview in which he detailed how badly he was hurt for some forgettable movie called Action Point (the guy bent his knee backwards and popped his eye out of its socket for a movie no one even saw!) and it just really bummed me out that he's putting himself through these stunts at all.

www.vanityfair.com

Johnny Knoxville breaks down all the injuries of his career. From pepper spray and taser guns, to breaking his ankle crossing the LA river, to getting shot by a rocket over a lake and getting landed on by a motorbike, listen to Johnny break down the timeline of his injuries, Johnny's new movie...

At least they know exactly what they're getting into instead of getting mindwiped into concussion ball when they're in middle school.

Knoxville is also a genetic anomaly. I think my favorite is the riot claymore that shoots out all the fuckin rubber bullets at the crew. Bam and everyone else are about to shit themselves and Johnny is just smiling and laughing - aftewards everyones on the floor moaning and he's like "Did it hit my face? No? Then we're good, baby!"

Always felt like most of them were in on the joke though. Bam always struck me as that dude who started believing the life MTV cut for him up on the screen was what the real world should be/was. Having a friend die partially because of the show you're the primary force for is a pretty fucked way to have to learn that lesson. Sad that it seems like it totally broke the guy.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Steve-O has been on Howard Stern and even Game Grumps, telling them that the Jackass crew had an intervention with him about his drug habits and alcohol abuse in which they set very explicit and clear boundaries. He said if it weren't for those explicit warnings and Johnny supporting him that he would not have survived.

I believe it.

I have to wonder if this is what happened with Bam--- but with a different outcome?

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
Steve-O has been on Howard Stern and even Game Grumps, telling them that the Jackass crew had an intervention with him about his drug habits and alcohol abuse in which they set very explicit and clear boundaries. He said if it weren't for those explicit warnings and Johnny supporting him that he would not have survived.

I believe it.

I have to wonder if this is what happened with Bam--- but with a different outcome?

I'm sure they probably tried but one of the biggest issues with Bam is that hes been enabled since he was a kid. His parents encouraged the filming since at first it was just filming skate bits. The stunts came shortly after but if I remember correctly they had been doing stunts and pranks the whole time also but just hadnt started filming them and editing them into the skate vids yet.

So now you have a grown man who was never held responsible for the consequences. Excessive access to everything at a young age. Add the more than likely PTSD of losing his best friend. Bam's been an alcoholic for a very long time as much as I loved HIM it was Ville Valo who introduced Bam to day drinking claiming it was how he stayed thin and Bam didnt want to end up like Phil and Vito.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure they probably tried but one of the biggest issues with Bam is that hes been enabled since he was a kid. His parents encouraged the filming since at first it was just filming skate bits. The stunts came shortly after but if I remember correctly they had been doing stunts and pranks the whole time also but just hadnt started filming them and editing them into the skate vids yet.

So now you have a grown man who was never held responsible for the consequences. Excessive access to everything at a young age. Add the more than likely PTSD of losing his best friend. Bam's been an alcoholic for a very long time as much as I loved HIM it was Ville Valo who introduced Bam to day drinking claiming it was how he stayed thin and Bam didnt want to end up like Phil and Vito.

Yeah bam was going downhill in like 2009 and 2010 before Dunn died. Then that broke him and he's been gone ever since.

XenodudeX

Oct 25, 2017
Jacksonville, Florida

www.vanityfair.com

Didn't Knoxville sustain an injury that basically rendered him unable to get an erection anymore?

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
It sounds like Knoxville, Tremaine, and Jonze were using Jackass 4 the way Kevin Smith used Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. As sort of a carrot to get Bam a paycheck and sober him up while under their supervision. I know that the side cast was really pushing for another Jackass because what else are they supposed to do with their lives, especially when they can't tour and do appearances and shit.

Hope he gets it together and this doesn't end the bad way.

This is why I kinda figured they were making the movie, along with perhaps the reality that several of them had probably burned through all of their money.

Knoxville always seemed like the most "well adjusted" of the group, so if he's coming back to do more of this at his age, it would probably be to help his friends.

Hard to watch Bam like this.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

If you're familiar with the CKY videos, some of those pranks were filmed when Bam was like 12 or 13. It's been his entire life.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's real uncomfortable seeing Bam in that state. Is it known or not if he's strung out or actively on drugs still?

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Update from TMZ, it's what most of us expected: Bam Margera Kicked Off of 'Jackass 4,' Couldn't Abide by Conditions

We're told the 'Jackass' family wanted Bam to be part of the movie from the get-go, but were worried things would go left because of his past substance use and erratic behavior. So, in order to achieve what everyone wanted -- at first, anyway -- our sources tell us Bam was presented with a handful of conditions/restrictions he was told he needed to abide by in order to stay on the project. Long story short ... we're told he failed to meet his end of the bargain.

As for what he was supposed to do ... our sources say there would be routine drug tests -- including urine samples -- plus committing to staying sober, blowing into a breathalyzer, taking his medication and seeing a psychologist while on the job. It's unclear which specific condition was the final straw.

Our Bam sources tell us they're quite worried about him, as the prospect of working on "Jackass 4" seemed to be keeping him on the straight and narrow for a good while -- now he seems to be off the rails again. We are told he now feels like he is being cut out of what he helped create. He's been posting/deleting disparaging "Jackass 4" posts on and off.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nitro Circus, did some ramp stunt, the dirt bike fell on him, I think he had to stick a tube up his penis when he needed to pee for quite some time.
That accident is one of the most fucked up things. Just completely bizarre anyone OKayed Johnny doing that backflip when he could barely ride a motorcycle to begin with.