• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Baltimore Sun has reported on a 84 year old bodybuilder who lives in Baltimore and holds a Guinness World Record for oldest female competitive bodybuilder in the world, Beyoncé recently released a music video album on Disney+ where in one of the music videos has this 84 year old bodybuilder in the music video:

CK5CK644EBHFBAB7XILD2QVC5A.jpg

Ernestine Shepherd, 84, a Baltimore world champion bodybuilder, appears in Beyoncé's "Black is King" video album.

www.baltimoresun.com

This Baltimorean is 84. She’s a champion bodybuilder. And Beyoncé cast her in a ‘Black Is King’ video.

Baltimore’s Ernestine Shepherd, 84, lives by the mantra: dedicated, determined, disciplined. These words, emblazoned on all her gym clothing, have fueled her for nearly three decades. A mothe…

August 5, 2020

Baltimore's Ernestine Shepherd, 84, lives by the mantra: dedicated, determined, disciplined. These words, emblazoned on all her gym clothing, have fueled her for nearly three decades.

A mother, grandmother and a retired school secretary, Shepherd holds a Guinness world record for oldest female competitive bodybuilder in the world. She was named "6-pack granny" by Ripley's Believe It or Not. Now she can add another honor to the list: appearance in a Beyoncé production.

Millions have seen Shepherd's cameo appearance in Beyonce's hit visual musical album, "Black Is King," which debuted July 31 on Disney Plus. Shepherd got the role through her longtime trainer and manager, Yohnnie Shambourger.

"One of my contacts knew someone who was organizing "Black Is King," Shambourger said. "I wanted to promote Shepherd, and we got an email last year saying Beyonce's team wanted her to be part of it."

She says she and Shambourger's daughter, Yohnei, flew to Los Angeles in October 2019 for the production of "My Power," one of the videos in the "Black Is King" music video album.

The song weaves together the rhythms of afrobeats and reggae with lyrics celebrating power, beauty and Blackness. Shepherd's appearance is brief. She's seen flexing her arm muscles while wearing a bright orange athletic T and a beaded, multi-strand necklace.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit she looks in better shape than me and I'm 35.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
84?!?!?!?! okay yeah imma be lifting for the rest of my life. thats dope.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly that's just insane. Makes me wonder how long is she gonna live.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
FYI: The article is blocked in Europe and the image does not show

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry, I have alerted ERA staff with regards to certain news articles not showing up for the EU users of ERA due to the site not being GDPR compliant.
No need to be sorry, you couldn't know. Companies not wanting to implement good data security and just block Europe outright is unfortunate 💁🏻‍♂️

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I'd heard about her before, but it's still insane to hear that she's 84.

I hope to be able to work out every day when I get older but once I hit my 50s I'll probably worry that my next workout will give me a heart attack.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No need to be sorry, you couldn't know. Companies not wanting to implement good data security and just block Europe outright is unfortunate 💁🏻‍♂️

I'm hoping that the U.S. can implement some sort of law similar to the GDPR so these sites could be unblocked in the EU because it would be mandated by federal law here in the U.S. for all sites to be compliant.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Wow amazing.

Some 84 year olds can't stand up out of a chair by themselves. Another article said she only started going to the gym for the first time at age 56. Inspiring. It should hopefully be a reminder to me to really keep at my fitness and strength training because it seems to really pay off in quality of life when you're elderly.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Friday_daaaaaaaaaaaaamn.png

Hope I look even half that good at 80 (or at least am alive).

Last edited:

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
<turns around to look at dust-covered bench and weights>

Damn. That is inspiring as hell.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean there's "black don't crack" and then there's "The Picture of Dorothy Gray"

her genes are probably worth taking a look at because drugs, effort, dedication have an entropy ceiling - I'm betting her cognition and organ function are also insane.

that's a body I couldn't have achieved at 20 let alone 80.

Deleted member 4274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean there's "black don't crack" and then there's "The Picture of Dorothy Gray"

her genes are probably worth taking a look at because drugs, effort, dedication have an entropy ceiling - I'm betting her cognition and organ function are also insane.

that's a body I couldn't have achieved at 20 let alone 80.

I don't know about that. Don't sell yourself short. I'm quite sure you can achieve that.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about that. Don't sell yourself short. I'm quite sure you can achieve that.

nah. I'm a four pack man. I have been absolutelt "shredded " and in "perfect" shape before - even some natural athletic ability in some narrow areas- I've gotten down to zero meaningful body fat but genetically just not capable of getting to that point- certainly not nowadays- also when I lift weight and gain on purpose for some reason my shoulders grow absurdly faster than everything else and I start to look like the villain from The Keep.

I'm happy with my former physical peak but acknowledge that some folks are just gifted with better foundations.

Dead Man

Nov 1, 2017
Damn. I'm half her age and falling apart already. Need to get her to teach me the ways to immortality lol.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
84? No fucking way! I'd like to see people guessing her age with her face covered, and even then her face looks like she's 50-60, not 84.