• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
Nice, I bought these two games to play on PCSX2 recently.

Happy that people will get to buy and play the first one again! The tavern in the first one is pretty memorable.

www.resetera.com

LTTP: Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (PCSX2) - My first Baldur's Gate game, I see why people like this.

I'm enjoying my time with this game so far, I love the narration and the voice acted lines for the characters, the exploration and the search for better gear. I ran into some issues trying to get this to play on PCSX2, but luckily I found a half-screen patch for it so now it runs pretty well...
www.resetera.com

LTTP: Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 (PCSX2) - The adventure continues!

After having completed the first Dark Alliance as an Elf Sorceress, I took a little break to focus on other things: https://www.resetera.com/threads/lttp-baldurs-gate-dark-alliance-pcsx2-my-first-baldurs-gate-game-i-see-why-people-like-this.366701/ I've heard a lot of great things about Dark...

WOOOOOA friend--it looks like the sewers have taken a liking to you!!

My wife and I STILL quote that every once in a while.

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
god.

if this comes out today I'm calling in sick, ordering pizza and bread sticks and making a full pot of coffee so i can play all day with my wife.

Matrix Monkey

Dec 30, 2017
Can't remember which game it was DA or DA2 or CoN but one of them would always bug out on me after a certain level. So hopefully they fix stuff like that. Loved these games back in the day.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
That trailer is pretty crisp and Black Isle becoming active like a sleeper agent? What's happening here?

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
All signs so far point to port. So far it's looking like the following:

- Widescreen
- Upscaled to HD
- New Fonts
- Xbox (and assuming PS4/PS5) button prompts
Good, because I will buy probably buy this for more than one platform if it comes out.

Couldn't care less about the new installment but I have a ton of good memories playing the first two games with my brother.

zeox

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I missed these when they first came out, as I didn't own a ps2 or an xbox at the time, so I can't wait to finally jump in! Hopefully it actually releases today

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't expect movement on Champions of Norrath. Baldur's Gate (and Dark alliance) is still owned by a company actively interested in exploiting its potential. Everquest, not so much.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Late PC release, as usual

pxztcpY.gif

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017

BG:DA 1&2 are my favorite dungeon crawlers of all-time. Considering how rare & under-appreciated they are, I'm hoping we get word of this soon. As having access to the originals is a BIG deal to me. So much so that I'll easily buy it multiple times. I'm an absolute fiend for these games.

Wonder if this might even open up a chance for Champions of Norrath to return if this isn't something that just gets listed and then never sees the light of day

Dark Alliance is rare? The second one sure (but it's not made by Snowblind and suffers from lt).

Maybe we'll see Champions of Norrath (god I hope so)

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
This is such a cool surprise. I'll be picking it up as my cool down for Village. I loved this game on PS2

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
All signs so far point to port. So far it's looking like the following:

- Widescreen
- Upscaled to HD
- New Fonts
- Xbox (and assuming PS4/PS5) button prompts
Hell yes. I was ready to give this a hard pass after assuming it was Sony's lousy PS2 emulation.
Edit: No PC version? Weird.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Yeah, I'm not going to pretend otherwise: $30 sucks. There's still no way I'm not grabbing it. And there's no way we'll ever get DA2 or Champions of Norrath if they don't see demand (which only means sales to the decision makers) for these games.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Price is an ouchie, but might be justifiable if to have a hd/widescreen version.

we'll see how impressions are for this one tomorrow.