• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AJ_Cyberpunk

Apr 15, 2019
Done about 30 Hours and completed most things i think.

Here is list i started to put together of quests that cant be fully completed yet.

"The missing boots"

"The nightsong"

"Rescue the Grand Duke"

"Find the Githyanki Creche"

"Reach Moonrise Towers"

"Free the Artist" - you can free him, but the quest notes you'll meet him in the city

"Hunt the Devil/Kill Anders" - Won't complete right now even though Karlach is informed. Overall quest says you'll see her in the city.

"Rescue the Survivors" - can't cross the water in the Underdark yet.

"Steal the Sacred Idol" - if you do steal it and give it to Mol it notes that she'll repay you in the city.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
I had barely any bugs in the Underdark. But it also seems like an area you should be level 5 in for a bunch of fights.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
The update that was just pushed to steam I seem to be stuck unpacking.

Edit: Finally went through, was just stuck for a good long while.

Edit: Now I'm crashing when loading my save on either Vulkan or DirectX 🤕

Last edited:

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017

They'll come just usually takes a while for the posts to update on Steam.

EDIT: Nevermind they're up. Adding here for those who don't have access to Steam.

Patch #1
Here are the full notes for Patch #1. TLDR; fewer glitches, better stability, and more polish.

Improvements:

• Added polish and bug fixes to several in-game cinematics, such as Shadow Heart recruitment, Astarion recruitment and Volo's Poem. (These will be ongoing throughout EA).
  • Added minor text tweaks to various bits and bobs.
  • Altered certain dialogue choices for different NPCs.
  • Added extra combat tutorial messages to better explain the basics (let us know how you get on).
  • Astarion no longer thinks Lae'zel inspected you at camp when she is not in your party. Quite rightly.
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a crash related to having the level up screen open while in a dialog.
  • Fixed a crash related to dropping items from inventory.
  • Fixed a rare crash that could happen at the start of combat.
  • Fixed a possible blocking issue when using the transponder at the end of the tutorial twice.
  • Fixed black screen issue when ending tutorial if the transponder was used by any character that is not the main player avatar.
  • Fixed a possible blocking issue when reassigning characters to others players while in combat.
  • Fixed an issue with lip sync not working correctly.
  • Fixed several localization issues.
  • Fixed combat UI not updating correctly when someone joined during combat.
  • Fixed party shared gold and items not always working in dialog checks.
  • Fixed summons from NPC's getting stuck in combat.
  • Fixed levelled up characters having duplicated racial and class features.
  • Fixed not being able to level up to level 4 on a Zariel Tiefling Cleric of Light due to cantrip selection.
  • Fixed text cut-off issues in several interfaces.
  • Fixed party members getting stuck trying to open doors they run past.
  • Fixed listening in to dialogs getting stuck in multiplayer, also causing players not being able to save.
  • Fixed camp button being broken after closing the camp window with escape key.
  • Fixed "end the day" multiplayer message being broken if a player closed it with an escape key.
  • Fixed certain quests not having map markers.
  • Fixed certain secret entrances incorrectly showing up on the map.
  • Fixed incorrect player portraits in the lobby screen as more people joined.
  • Fixed Cambion wings and Tiefling tail animations.
  • Fixed map not centering correctly on player characters in smaller subregions.
  • Fixed health values not being synced correctly to the Baldur's Gate 3 twitch extension.
  • Fixed superiority die not showing actual values when using abilities such as Menacing attack.
  • Fixed minor issues with hair, skinning and textures on several models.
  • Fixed lighting issue in owlbear cave.
  • Fixed not being able to walk over corpses.
  • Tweaked ragdolls to reduce the possibility of models exploding (or glitching. Idk how to explain it, but it's spooky).

Quite a few updates. RIP to double Shadowhearts.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I think Steam is re-downloading the entire EA client after finishing the 471MB and 27.6GB update I am now up to 56.5GB update. I have no idea what is going on...

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
There's an interview with Larian in a German gaming magazine about what's in the pipeline but it's gated behind a paywall. Gamestar if someone is paying for it here.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Looks like the update broke a lot of people's saves. I guess it comes with the territory.
i guess i got lucky because my saves are fine
The game went insanely buggy for me, enemies were doing attacks and i could see their X,Y,Z vectors xD

Coupled with "CUTSCENE PENDING" becoming a thing, can see why they kept delaying early access
there were definitely more unfinished cutscenes but apart from that i didn't experience any bugs really

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
I finished the first 2 hours.

Overall this is exceeding my expectations. Visually good, nice epic soundtrack, interesting story/characters so far. Not the biggest fan of turn based combat normally in WRPGs, but it is fine so far. Also nice that the game runs decent at max settings, strangely going to 4K doesn't seem to degrade performance that much which is interesting and lower FPS is OK for this game.

Main things I am wondering:
How to highlight interactable objects (not just NPSs).
How to play fully in 3rd person over the shoulder.

Oct 25, 2017
This might be ... interesting. Lae'zel died on the ship at the start of my ranger playthru.

The mind flatter got his ass kicked by the devil and then destroyed her. Wasn't planning on using her anyway, but it's nice to have the option.

Edit: Nevermind, she was still in the cage.

Last edited:

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
i normally wouldn't be interested in playing through something a second time immediately after i've finished it, but i'm finding that really easy to do with this game, kind of helps that i picked a drow this time around, changes things a bit

Sinralus

Mar 22, 2019
Just got to goblin village fight and those fire bomb/arrows are absolute murder. Got surprised because everyone failed the check, then Shadowheart was KO'd after the first arrow, with everyone else barely alive and on fire.

Oct 25, 2017
Is Shadowheart not being able to hit the broadside of a barn a function of bad luck or bad stats?

I can't seem to get her to hit much of anything with her mace or her spells across a run and a quarter now. And I can never get her into better position to try to bump her odds up. When i find the necklace that gives you a free misty step each short rest, she's definitely getting it.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Bought this last night in a moment of boredom and weakness, got to the druid grove and... yeah, I think I'm done for now. I'm confident the finished product will be great, but things are super rough right now. I know it's EA, but I think I expected what was there to be a bit more polished with how much they had been advertising this game's EA release date.

Had one spot with Shadowheart where I had to keep helping her up over and over again, and she'd keep getting downed the next turn, so we were just in this endless stalemate of me getting her up, her getting re-downed, and me futilely taking the odd ranged shot in between that would inevitably miss every bloody time. The combat in general currently just feels a lot clunkier than something like DOS2.

Had multiple occasions where I killed an enemy, only for their corpse to completely flip out stretching and clipping through the map, and then disappear. The UI is also kind-of a mess to use, and I'm getting huge plummets in my frame rate in strange places.

Is Shadowheart not being able to hit the broadside of a barn a function of bad luck or bad stats?

I can't seem to get her to hit much of anything with her mace or her spells across a run and a quarter now. And I can never get her into better position to try to bump her odds up. When i find the necklace that gives you a free misty step each short rest, she's definitely getting it.

You're not alone. She's useless.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Is there anyway to scroll/shrink/zoom the quest log. Once youve gone over a page you can close/open the details and I cant see the quests that are cutoff from the page.

Oct 26, 2017
lol so if you attack something, get engage dialogue, then sleep the same something - its perma sleep'd.

They really need surprise round/setup functionality

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How the heck do you steal the Idol in druid grove without getting caught?

I've tried everything I can think of. Regular stealth, misty step, pass without a trace, disguise self, invisibility position, using a familiar to move it (who was also invisible). Nothing works. They always catch me.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I started getting a weird issues around the Risen Road. Not sure if it's the area or if it's just at this point in the game it's starting to bug for whatever reason. But over the last few sessions, I've had errors when trying to quicksave.

It will come up with an error "failed to copy" and "failed to save" or "failed to delete" referring to the save file. The first time it froze and had to close out, and it warned of a corrupted file, though I could still play it. Just be careful of this happening, and make new saves often, as it doesn't happen when you make a new save.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017

I've tried everything I can think of. Regular stealth, misty step, pass without a trace, disguise self, invisibility position, using a familiar to move it (who was also invisible). Nothing works. They always catch me.
have you tried creating a distraction? Shadowheart has a couple things that make people check out her illusions

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
First post-launch patch is live: https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1086940/view/2896336186753128622

With that said, here are the full notes for Patch 1 - Launch. TLDR; fewer glitches, better stability, and more polish.

Improvements:
  • Added polish and bug fixes to several in-game cinematics, such as Shadow Heart recruitment, Astarion recruitment and Volo's Poem. (These will be ongoing throughout EA).
  • Added minor text tweaks to various bits and bobs.
  • Altered certain dialogue choices for different NPCs.
  • Added extra combat tutorial messages to better explain the basics (let us know how you get on).
  • Astarion no longer thinks Lae'zel inspected you at camp when she is not in your party. Quite rightly.

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a crash related to having the level up screen open while in a dialog.
  • Fixed a crash related to dropping items from inventory.
  • Fixed a rare crash that could happen at the start of combat.
  • Fixed a possible blocking issue when using the transponder at the end of the tutorial twice.
  • Fixed black screen issue when ending tutorial if the transponder was used by any character that is not the main player avatar.
  • Fixed a possible blocking issue when reassigning characters to others players while in combat.
  • Fixed an issue with lip sync not working correctly.
  • Fixed several localization issues.
  • Fixed combat UI not updating correctly when someone joined during combat.
  • Fixed party shared gold and items not always working in dialog checks.
  • Fixed summons from NPC's getting stuck in combat.
  • Fixed levelled up characters having duplicated racial and class features.
  • Fixed not being able to level up to level 4 on a Zariel Tiefling Cleric of Light due to cantrip selection.
  • Fixed text cut-off issues in several interfaces.
  • Fixed party members getting stuck trying to open doors they run past.
  • Fixed listening in to dialogs getting stuck in multiplayer, also causing players not being able to save.
  • Fixed camp button being broken after closing the camp window with escape key.
  • Fixed "end the day" multiplayer message being broken if a player closed it with an escape key.
  • Fixed certain quests not having map markers.
  • Fixed certain secret entrances incorrectly showing up on the map.
  • Fixed incorrect player portraits in the lobby screen as more people joined.
  • Fixed Cambion wings and Tiefling tail animations.
  • Fixed map not centering correctly on player characters in smaller subregions.
  • Fixed health values not being synced correctly to the Baldur's Gate 3 twitch extension.
  • Fixed superiority die not showing actual values when using abilities such as Menacing attack.
  • Fixed minor issues with hair, skinning and textures on several models.
  • Fixed lighting issue in owlbear cave.
  • Fixed not being able to walk over corpses.
  • Picking up stackable items in when in combat will no longer crash the game.
  • Tweaked ragdolls to reduce the possibility of models exploding (or glitching. Idk how to explain it, but it's spooky).

Some interesting (non-spoilery) player data in their preface to the patch notes, too.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.

i just stole with invisibility and immediately fast traveled to camp

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
So that works? God damn it. That's literally the only thing I didn't try. I didn't think she'd be able to distract all 4 or 5 people around big that perimeter.
I didn't try stealing it, I just thought that might work. The animals in that area covered such a wide viewing angle that I didn't even try anything underhanded.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Baldur's Gate III patch coming through, but it really needs more than 50GB space to apply it...damn. Literally can't delete more shit, I guess I have to redownload it

Sigh. I deleted Witcher 3. But the patch is only 500 MB but it requires 50+ GB of space to apply it? Weird system

Last edited:

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I thought I had done pretty much all the EA content with my Halfling Rogue but I have already found a couple things with my Elven Wizard just in the beginning that I completely missed on my first playthrough. This game is going to be massive, there is already a ton of content just in the EA Act I.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
lol this is great i got the minotaurs and bulette to fight eachother

i agree, but it's early access...and it doesn't feel as awkward as reloading a save a bunch of times to get something right

Yeah. I was mostly just trying to figure out the limitations of all the different methods I attempted. But eventually I just went with one and accepted the consequences. (A gigantic fight)

Oct 25, 2017
My ranger play through is going pretty smoothly so far. A lot of it is knowing where the fights are going to be so that I can get better positioning, but a good bit of it is starting most fights with a sneak attack from Astarion (who I didn't use last time).

And while she still sucks at magic, I'm liking Shadowheart a lot more as it's become super obvious that she's got the hots for Wyll. She's much more relatable now.

SpoonyGundam

Nov 18, 2018

Yeah, picking it up breaks invisibility. I found a workaround, but it's possibly more ridiculous than the camp thing.
Shove doesn't break invisibility, so I just shoved it off the pedistal, then shoved it a bunch until I got it up the top of the stairs to the grove, out of vision of any druids before picking it up. They won't even notice it's missing until you actually pick it up, and they won't get mad at you unless they see you doing that... but once it's in your inventory they'll realize it's gone and will start fighting the Tiefling refugees.

There may have been a way to talk them out of it, I didn't really look. I just reloaded when it happened and came back for it after rescuing the druid leader, at which point they didn't do anything in retaliation. I was still able to complete the quest even.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Anyone else find this? Is Aelis the druid Halsin appoints?
w7ny1n.png
And does anyone know where this is? It's drow-controlled right?
fv5bka.png

Freshmaker

Oct 28, 2017
Does Charm Person work? I charmed a goblin, it stabbed me in the back , then raised the alarm. Thanks friendo.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
Does Charm Person work? I charmed a goblin, it stabbed me in the back , then raised the alarm. Thanks friendo.

If it made the save then your spell failed. If it did not make the save then who did it stab? Charm Person only makes the victim unable to attack or cast a harmful spell at the person who charmed it. It doesn't prevent them from doing other things, like raising an alarm.