• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Want to make sure this isn't a real bad bug.
There was an issue I had in the temple, when I was killing the leaders where it would trigger the entire temple to attack me, and what I mean is that each room did not get it's own encounter, literally every goblin in the temple would queue up in the current battle and start running towards the back of the temple where I killed the leader that was messing with the dead mindflayer.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
In the druid grove did anyone
kill nettle. is there a consequence? because that bitch poisoned my party. also i told her parents she died too lol

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
There was an issue I had in the temple, when I was killing the leaders where it would trigger the entire temple to attack me, and what I mean is that each room did not get it's own encounter, literally every goblin in the temple would queue up in the current battle and start running towards the back of the temple where I killed the leader that was messing with the dead mindflayer.

It's supposed to be like that if you only attack the boss, yeah. The loading screens warns about this. You are supposed to kill the leaders separately and in each room and save the druid before killing the boss.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Is the story content on par with Dragon Age?

Individual characters have clearly defined personalities, each with their own personal "hooks"
The larger narrative starts out with clear stakes, but is hinting at something deeper and more mysterious in play
The smaller hubs are interesting, though sometimes a little bit "generic" in terms of goals and quests
The lore is DEEP - which isn't surprising since The Forgotten Realms have been around since the freakin' 60s.

So, yeah, it's still early days for Act 1, but I'd say so.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
did she? she never gave me it. wtf.

also i did fail a die roll. so i guess maybe that was when i could have gotten it.
If you manage to force her into it, which isn't a given. See previous page for dice roll examples.

Also if you snoop around the room and use the runes in search of a way out, she'll eventually attack you.
If you fail the dice rolls she doesn't so you either need to steal it from her or kill her.
I think I failed the rolls but after a while she gave it to me anyway, didn't have to force her. I was getting ready to attack her with the rest of my party that I snuck in when she just handed it over.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Also pretty funny that when you want to pickpocket something the game tells you the DC for each item separately but is not assed to do it for conversation.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You can never have too many die roll tables.
There's good ones and bad ones. WH40k has me covered.
aJf5hQV.jpg
y4MvQpA.jpg

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
Ooof, I accidentally clicked on some merchant's stuff and I got a penalty to their karma towards me and now he doesn't want to talk. Definitely need to pop up a message warning about this unless you're sneaking. Very annoying.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously sad to hear that Bards aren't available in EA!

Probably going to go with wizard for my halfling instead.

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a questline that ties into the Zhentarim hideout... because as it is now, I kinda snuck in and killed everybody... oops.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I regret playing Wizard in the EA. 3 party members are already casters and most of the gear you find aren't for casters so it made looting really boring.
i think i got mostly swords, daggers, axe and bow, and one staff.

actually some other cool stuff that i haven't really looked at yet.

Just a pilfering murder hobo.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a questline that ties into the Zhentarim hideout... because as it is now, I kinda snuck in and killed everybody... oops.
there's a convoy you can find of theirs that got jacked and a noble woman asks you to save an artist they caught I don't know whether those organically lead to the hideout tho. I just stumbled across it and persuaded them to not be mean.
I regret playing Wizard in the EA. 3 party members are already casters and most of the gear you find aren't for casters so it made looting really boring.
there's some good wizard's loot but a big issue is that the staffs I found didn't even do anything because they predicated hitting with them a bunch.

stuff I found
several robes, staffs and a trinket that buffs magic missiles

Do humans unlock anything from level up?

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
they mention a party and continuing on the next day you have to go to camp to trigger the party. Rath didn't say much when he gave out the reward for me too, don't even know what the reward is.

It's a tablet you use in the Nettie's surgery room. Leads to some loot (a nice robe if you're playing a mage).

MrTex

Dec 15, 2017

there are war drums in several places. When you aggro a group, one of them is going to run to it. If they use it, all the enemies become hostile

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to rez Gale and it says his body is invalid (like not even 'cannot rez', but just 'invalid'), even with a better resurrection scroll. Anyone know if I did something wrong or is it a bug?

Deleted member 279

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is awesome, got some game breaking bugs about 2 hours in though. To be expected, going to play around more after more updates.

Im very curious to see how Larian is going to respond to the feedback.

For example, ive seen a strong consensus over how ground effects not making sense for DND rules.

I also want to know how diverse will builds be able to get, and if there are post launch plans to add expansions

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
there are war drums in several places. When you aggro a group, one of them is going to run to it. If they use it, all the enemies become hostile
In the run that went smoothly all the enemies were hostile but I could engage them in separate encounters based on the rooms they were in. The other instances they were running through several rooms to get to me, so basically it was like the entire dungeon was attacking me in one giant encounter.

Rods

May 1, 2020
25h in and i'm having a lot of fun so far, just wish we had a speed up battle animations, so we don't have to sit through minutes of A.I turns.

Edit: is there a way to increase difficulty? Battles are too easy at the moment.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
Larian should brush up on their writing skills a bit more before that IMO.

Not like current Obsidian could do it...especially with all the stuff about Chris Avellone, damn shame he turned out to be so terrible.

Also, I really hope the map is bigger than this. Makes it feel smaller than BG1 and 2. I do like what I've seen and explored but yeah.

8yVdbc0.jpg