• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
I'll be there for the release. Hopefully EA will be shorter than with D:OS2.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
Not asking in bad faith here, but the story was wrapped up really well, no?

The player character's story wrapped up completely yeah. However Bhaal, the god of murder whose resurrection was thwarted through events of the games, ended up getting resurrected anyway recently in the Forgotten Realms setting (roughly 100 years after the end of BG2 iirc). BG3 will likely be concerned with how that happened and move forward from there.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The player character's story wrapped up completely yeah. However Bhaal, the god of murder whose resurrection was thwarted through events of the games, ended up getting resurrected anyway recently in the Forgotten Realms setting (roughly 100 years after the end of BG2 iirc). BG3 will likely be concerned with how that happened and move forward from there.
Interesting, I wonder how that plays into the Mind Flayer stuff.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
I guess. I think I remember something about the Cyric-Myrkul-Bane triumvirate? Or was it Bhaal-Bane-Myrkul?

Bhaal-Bane-Myrkul, all were killed during the ToT and their portfolios were either mainly absorbed by Cyric or distributed to other individuals (Kelemvor turned into god of death for example).
Bhaal predicted his death so he went around spreading his seed, like a tornado in Arkansas. You played as one of these "spawns" in the older games

Jan 4, 2018
What are the odds I can roleplay a Great Old One Warlock Githyanki with stockholm syndrome who's kind of into the whole brainslug thing?

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
It's up, baby!

...anyone else having trouble purchasing it? Never seen this before with Steam - could BG3 really have broken it?

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
My Steam is stuck on "Working" when trying to purchase. Sad face.

"Your transaction cannot be completed because you have another pending transaction on your account.". Double sad face.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
What are the odds I can roleplay a Great Old One Warlock Githyanki with stockholm syndrome who's kind of into the whole brainslug thing?

I'd put it at 95%.

Early impressions by Easy Allies.

youtu.be

Baldur's Gate 3 - First Steps Into Early Access

Baldur's Gate 3 is finally here (in Early Access) and Ben has plenty of stories to share from his brief time in the Forgotten Realms.Support us through Patre...

Ben Moore is the fucking man.

Crowboy

Oct 25, 2017
My Steam is stuck on "Working" when trying to purchase. Sad face.
Me too. Got this after a few minutes.

Your purchase has not been completed. Your credit card information has been declined by your credit card company.

Note that in some cases, your credit card company may put a 'hold' on funds in your account, but you will not be charged. After correcting any errors in the information displayed below, please try your purchase again.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance this is playable on intel integrated graphics? My friend is able to run DOS2 and wants to get this

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
£50 for Early access

PC games have become really expensive the last few years

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Is steam being hammered over this? Honestly a bit surprised. Didn't think the demand would be massive for it.

Been trying to to purchase for 6 minutes now.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Ars Technica's lead CRPG tester Jim Salter has this up:

arstechnica.com

I played 15 hours of Baldur’s Gate 3 early access, and I want them back

Answering the question nobody asked: “What if Michael Bay made a D&D 5e game?”

The new entry in the Baldur's Gate series is, unfortunately, not cut from the same cloth. The game's rendering engine is incredibly beautiful, but the characters it renders are shallow, trite, and frequently downright hateful—and the storyline, at least for the first 15 hours, is pretty similar.

What this game misses the most is tabletop camaraderie—even the ersatz version you get from a good computer RPG. Even if lawful good and chaotic neutral characters butt heads on the other side of a DM's screen, an adventuring party should feel as though it has real bonds and a unified purpose. That sense of togetherness didn't emerge in the first 15 hours of Baldur's Gate 3—and maybe that matters more to me than to you, but I imagine I'm not alone in wanting a D&D quest to feel like a shared experience.