• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

how much would you pay

• up to $500

Votes: 40 11.6%
  • up to $1000

Votes: 74 21.4%
  • up to $5000

Votes: 232 67.1%

• Total voters

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
1000. But only if it cures it and brings back my natural hair. Maybe even 5000. I can always still shave it. I liked my hair but i'm used to being bald for a while now.

Fiocca

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
If I had the money I'd pay whatever to keep my hair. I now have a perfect round bald spot on the top towards the back and I'm starting to thin towards the front. I've shaved my head before I was going bald years ago and it doesn't suit me at all and even my mrs agrees so to me it's really shit.

Not happy about it at all but not got any choice as I can't afford a transplant.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
People pay a few grand to fix their teeth (braces) or eyes (lasik). Balding, especially for those who have it bad, is on a whole nother level. 5K seems like a no-brainer assuming there aren't crazy side effects.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
$5000 sounds pretty good honestly since it lasts for the rest of my life. The cool shit I could do with a full head of thick hair.

This line of reasoning, lol. What kind of cool shit would you suddenly be able to do with hair? Whoaaa, style it?

Realize that it's just fucking hair. Being bald doesn't restrict you from anything aside from looking a certain way and honestly, that only really matters to people in their teens/twenties.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ive shaved myself bald before for years even though Im not balding

It would be nice to have options tho if it ever becomes a self esteem thing

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Absolutely nothing. When I was 18 and noticed my hair receding I probably would've paid a lot, but now I don't give a shit anymore and I prefer it this way. I would actually pay money if there was a way to stop hair growing completely.

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
Bald people should donate money for research of rejuvenating medicine:

For some reasons, rejuvenation might help with curing balding.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
People pay a few grand to fix their teeth (braces) or eyes (lasik). Balding, especially for those who have it bad, is on a whole nother level. 5K seems like a no-brainer assuming there aren't crazy side effects.
Having jacked up teeth is way, way worse than having thin hair / no hair, IMO.

Oct 28, 2017
Been bald for years now

Its not an issue. Seems weird to me people try so hard to avoid it. As if there's something wrong with looking the way I do.

Coinspinner

Nov 6, 2017
$5000 seems cheap. Even as a slob with no interest in dating I'd still pay that much and more to have Perfect Hair Forever.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Been bald for years now

Its not an issue. Seems weird to me people try so hard to avoid it. As if there's something wrong with looking the way I do.

I don't believe in fighting the inevitable, but I get why men try. Women (and I assume gay men?) overwhelmingly prefer hair on a guy, and bald only works to a man's benefit if he has the build and style to compliment it.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been bald for like twenty years so a thousand bucks for a one time pill or shot and that's it. No more money and certainly no hassles or surgery.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'd pay a pretty good amount. I look fine without hair, but vastly preferred how I looked with it. Maybe it's just because I had hair for so much longer than I didn't to where my mental image of me still has hair, but I feel like i'd be willing to pay quite a bit if I could get it back.

How long has it been? For me it's been about 7 years and I'm at the point now where my current bald look is my mental image of me.

Oct 27, 2017
More than I'd care to admit. I'm not bald but the prospect honestly fills me with dread.

I have a pretty tenuous sense of self-worth as it is. Being inflicted with the Constanza would fucking crush me.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Like full head of hair for the rest of my life, probably $10k or so. $20k if it magically combs itself in the mornings.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Since it has been 20 years now I have been bald, it is just all I know.
I would actually pay money to never have to shave my head again at this point and just be forever bald.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't believe in fighting the inevitable, but I get why men try. Women (and I assume gay men?) overwhelmingly prefer hair on a guy, and bald only works to a man's benefit if he has the build and style to compliment it.

Fair point, but...

Tbh it's really not been an issue for me with women, and I'm far from being in super good shape or anything. (5'9" 170lbs)

People often tell me I look like young David Cross.

It's how you wear it not what it is

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why would you waste your money like that?

20629.jpg

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
It's too late, I've been like this for 10 years so the change would be too jarring and weird, etc.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
LOL @ the people like "who cares?" I personally dont care because I look fabulous bald but some people got some funny shaped heads and are much better off with hair.

Exactly. This isn't about baldness being universally inferior as a look, any more than lasik or contacts is a commentary on glasses. It's about people wanting the right to choose. You don't need vision problems to wear glasses, just like you don't need to lose your hair to enjoy baldness. But acting as if those who don't have a choice - or who would choose something other than the hand nature dealt them - are being shallow and ridiculous just shows a lack of empathy.

Tmonster

Oct 28, 2017
You would have to pay me to grow my hair out, ive been shaving my head bald since I was 13 and im 36 now. I finally this year I allowed my hair to grow for 6 months, and was able to grow a full head of hair but hated the maintenance and barber costs.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
Just go in Turkey and get dat hair transplant for around 2K. Have your beauty back in about 6-8 months after. Problem Solved. In US it costs over 5 times that price unfortunately and I don't even understand why. Most dudes I know are doing it there and are very satisfied.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, a lot of bald people didn't have nice or thick hair to begin with and look better/younger with a shaved head.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Zero, I love not having to spend time on my hair every day. I just keep it short all around and move on with my life.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I cant speak much on it since I dont know full details but I have a friend who just went bald since 19 years old and recently flew down to Colombia and got it done for practically nothing. Now he has a full set of hair. Throws me off.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I mean, I've been shaving my head for almost 20 years now and I'm fine with that.
I'd probably be willing to pay less than 500 bucks to have hairstyle options again, but it's not super crucial for me.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I'd definitely not pay $2000, but I'd feel paying $1000 if it gave me super lush hair better than I'd ever had before.

(I have a bald spot but my hair was never awesome)

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
I'm haven't even begun to bald at 27 but if I ever start balding while I still care how I look I'd pay literally every cent I have to reverse it. No offense to people but I can't stand a bald head.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
5k is nothing for a permanent fix. People waste that much on a yearly basis for treatments that barely work, and significantly more for transplants that still don't last.