• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I have to admit, I didn't love Minit. I liked it well enough, but it was all just a bit... there.

That said I played it through once and finished, I did wonder if it might bear replays.

Oct 25, 2017
So far two wins for God of War, two undeserved awards. Looks like it's the default choice. This is dangerous and sends a wrong message.

Oct 25, 2017
Why is the narrative and music not deserved?

Because there were better games nominated in those categories. GoW music is good, but nothing outstanding like Tetris Effect. When it comes to narrative the game is very traditional, it has the gimmick of it being just one shot but there are more interesting things being done in other nominated games like in Obra Dinn.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Because there were better games nominated in those categories. GoW music is good, but nothing outstanding like Tetris Effect. When it comes to narrative the game is very traditional, it has the gimmick of it being just one shot but there are more interesting things being done in other nominated games like in Obra Dinn.

And about the "dangerous" part...?

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017

Oh okay, sure, you're completely entitled to your opinion. Mine is, the game had a fantastic story with beautiful music. I don't see how it's "dangerous" and "sends a wrong message" though.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
FUCK YEAH YOKU!

(I also never knew Tom Bible worked on it. I worked with him!)

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Sends the message "don't innovate, just do the same over and over again".
You're levelling this criticism at the Bafta game awards, who gave Edith Finch GoTY last year and gave a ton of award to Hellblade, and the year before gave Inside quite a few awards .

God of War winning two awards is fine. Not my picks but they're absolutely well deserved and not dangerous at all. What a silly thing to say...

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Really happy to see Labo get the win for Family game. May not have done as well as hoped saleswise but I love the ideas and creativity behind it.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I haven't played Return of the Obra Dinn, but what I've seen, it really deserves the award. The artistic style is incredible unique and interesting

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What's with all the hollering from this crowd. I thought brits were supposed to be more dignified.

/s

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
God of War winning narrative and music awards over Red Dead Redemption 2 is hilarious.