• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Fate has a fair share, of different degrees of waifu-conversion and sexualization, from really classy ones to super eye rolly ones. But considering that Fate is cheating in this regard, I will go to other franchizes.

latest

Kicks ass even as a healer.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
latest

Hilde from the Soul Calibur series. Compared to the other female characters in the series, she's very well armored.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
all the one i wanted to post are mostly there, so here's an other one (she's a minor character though)

a 70 years old lady that you can fight in Ys VIII :

O2Tuuox.jpg

There's also Charlotte from Samurai Showdown :

latest

Agent_J

Oct 30, 2017
The first video game woman badass I fell in love with:

Tifa_Lockhart_Nomura_art.jpg

Tifa fucking Lockheart!
Taking care of a child, and a business, and protects her town, and saves the world. Doesn't need a man to protect her, either. Strong in combat and in spirit, she's a great role model.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Renegade Commander Shepard

265d28bc895b972cda187c15fb99cd5e.jpg

It's like Robocop and the Terminator got rolled into one person, and then that person was let lose on the galaxy. Loyal and protective to those she calls her friends, and a nightmare for any unfortunate enough to make her an enemy.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Wang Yi (from Dynasty Warriors 7 and onwards)

latest

Ginchiyo Tachibana (from Samurai Warriors 2 and onwards)

109210.jpg

They're both based on historical women

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
The Boss is probably the GOAT because I've never seen a character in any medium have such loyalty to their mission.

cdhx60.gif

She sacrifices her life and name, having the world and history think she was a traitor.

metal_gear.jpg

OP
OP
SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
mZgxOzd.jpg

Sif from Romancing SaGa. Sure, maybe that's not the type of outfit I'd personally wear if I lived in the frozen hinterlands, and it's partially due to the graphic style of the game, but she's honestly one of the Most Swole Women I've seen in a JRPG. She even plays the role of "I'm the higher level badass who saves the protagonist from certain death" in Albert's story.
Great character, but I like her other design so much more.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy XIV has quite a few of them. Among my favorites:

Sadu (description taken from the wiki)
As a member of the Dotharl, Sadu is very prideful of her heritage and tribes ways. Though she is happy to explain her tribes' customs and culture to others, she will not suffer anyone questioning and mocking them. In addition, she holds a low opinion of the Oronir, her tribes' rivals. Despite this, Sadu respects strength and power, no matter who they are.

Most of all, Sadu greatly desires combat, be it one-on-one or during the annual Naadim. She feels great satisfaction whenever a strong opponent provides a challenge. As a result, she is always eager to meet and fight the Warrior of Light, the Azim Steppe's latest Khagan

xGrpLmQ.jpg

Y'shtola

maxresdefault.jpg

Grimsey

Nov 1, 2017
Maria Renard from Castlevania. Controls animal familiars and makes a complete joke of Dracula's army at 12 years old.

1446004453986.jpg

813942-maria_sotn.jpg

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Rynn from Drakan. She's a cunning warrior and rides a dragon. How more badass can you get? (Unfortunately it's hard to find good art of the game')
Rynn-Arokh-drakan-10305447-1024-768.jpg

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
pile.png

Makoto from Street Fighter. In a series tripping over itself to turn all of its female cast into waifu bait, she stands out as the most no-nonsense character in the franchise outside of Ryu, but unlike Ryu, she isn't in danger of succumbing to a salty-as-fuck evil side every game. Also unlike Ryu, she doesn't need any gloves or fireballs to hand you your ass. You see that pile of chumps behind her? They lined up to get laid out like that.

Nov 30, 2017
En9vOZ7.jpg

Concept art for the Amazon in Severance (Blade/Blade of Darkness) by José Luis Vaello Bertol. Always loved the pencil drawings he did for this game, even though none of the characters bear much resemblance to their final in-game designs.

Oct 27, 2017
From is awesome at this.

As for my favourites:

-Blaze from Streets of Rage. Just badass all around. She kicks the whole mafia's asses three times along with her colleges.

-Wang Yi from Dybasty Warriors. Really mysterious person but a badass one at that.

-Gwyndolin from Odin Sphere. Her growth and the relationship of her husband was great.

-Lady Butterfly from Sekiro. Badass old warrior that has an aura of class. She became one of my favourite character in Sekiro just minutes after I saw her.

-Kat the Gravity Queen fron Gravity Rush. Don't even know what to say here. I love her character traits and how she has a unique personality.

Last edited:

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
RUH-ROH RAGGY HERE COMES FINAL FANTASY XIII

apps.2585.69340834180209813.c512da79-06dd-4478-8fac-40e6bceb7dbc.65709e2e-240f-4617-b66f-368ac016292d

I've made it no secret that I really like Final Fantasy XIII despite its faults, and Lightning is no exception to that. She and her game have her haters, yeah, especially here on Era, but IMO she's a badass and her Lightning Returns design (seen here) was even better, even if the game itself was kind of crap. I admit she's not the most exciting character ever, but she does have more emotional range than she's given credit for and I like her character arc throughout the first game. Lightning's just great, fight me.

horizon_zero_dawn___aloy__1__by_newyunggun-db0amdu.jpg

Aloy, star of the fantastic Horizon: Zero Dawn. Phenomenal design, and she's incredibly likable if a bit one-dimensional about it. I just love everything about this character. Also, she singlehandedly takes down robot dinosaurs many (in some cases many) times her size, so there's that too.

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
BOO at people body shaming dragons crown amazon in this thread, you don't deserve a strong gf
Just for that you get Sakura from Danganronpa

F7WOJCY.png

Sakura "The Ogre" Ogami is the ultimate martial artist, and a swole af schoolgirl. She might kick ass if this were a fantasy game or a sports anime, but instead she's a fish out of water in a murder mystery where there is no punching your way out, and the stronger or deadlier you are the less people will trust you. She keeps a cool head at all times, she's practical, disciplined, and incredibly selfless. She might look intimidating, but in her heart she's just a girl who values friendship and her ambitions. She forms close and understated bond with another athletic girl, and if you didn't cry over her by the end of that game ummm you must have played it wrong, sorry. ;)

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
RUH-ROH RAGGY HERE COMES FINAL FANTASY XIII

apps.2585.69340834180209813.c512da79-06dd-4478-8fac-40e6bceb7dbc.65709e2e-240f-4617-b66f-368ac016292d

I've made it no secret that I really like Final Fantasy XIII despite its faults, and Lightning is no exception to that. She and her game have her haters, yeah, especially here on Era, but IMO she's a badass and her Lightning Returns design (seen here) was even better, even if the game itself was kind of crap. I admit she's not the most exciting character ever, but she does have more emotional range than she's given credit for and I like her character arc throughout the first game. Lightning's just great, fight me.
Completely agree (both on FFXIII and Lightning). We are few but we exist!

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Emma, Sekiro. FromSoftware has been on a roll with their female characters. But Emma has to be my favorite. Not going to get into it too heavy due to the fact some might have not played the game. I need a DLC just on her. Her story is fascinating. A very well layered character that wasn't used as a loved interest, or any sort of saving. She is fucking awesome.
tumblr_pt02q5LEsT1spx9y2o2_1280.jpg

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Queen Meve of Witcher Tales: Thronebreaker
Td688MU.png

Betrayed by her country, her court, and her son, she escapes from a cell in one of her own prisons, penniless, and journeys around the Northern Kingdoms, raising an army and repelling an impossibly numerous invader through sheer determination, earning the deepest respect from both ally and enemy for her honorable conduct and prowess as a battlefield commander and warrior.

Also she earns herself a pretty dope scar in the process, and insists on refusing immediate aid, instead immediately moving to knight a certain Witcher.
AcbLbCW.jpg

Last edited:

Theta

Banned
Jan 29, 2019
Trinidad and Tobago
Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady
latest

Dex from Dex
2017-01-16-171254.jpg

Erica Reed from Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller
Cognition-Ep4-02.jpg

Rosangela Blackwell from the Blackwell series
latest

All incredible strong female protagonists in their own right, I won't go on the nitty gritty on the details of those games as they would mostly spoil the best part. But yeah, I would recommend them.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Agrias Oaks from Final Fantasy Tactics. A badass Holy Knight who does anything and everything to keep the princess safe.

Also, Red from Transistor. While not a warrior by any traditional means, she's thrown into a warrior role when forced to fight against the Camera using the Transistor. Pretty much my favorite character of the generation.

uSpfVYy.jpg

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
Agrias Oaks from Final Fantasy Tactics. A badass Holy Knight who does anything and everything to keep the princess safe.

Also, Red from Transistor. While not a warrior by any traditional means, she's thrown into a warrior role when forced to fight against the Camera using the Transistor. Pretty much my favorite character of the generation.

uSpfVYy.jpg
Both amazing choices :)

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
She's not in the best Dragon Age game, but Aveline deserves a hearty recommendation for the "badass warrior women" club.
aveline-01-pose-p.jpg

497a96576b0fdf40c01b326f9dd38994fa4ab2cbr1-245-165_00.gif

Big, burly, no-nonsense, and yet one of the more fleshed-out and well-developed characters in that game. She arguably the only one in that game who also got a "happy ending", as it were, and it felt pretty earned given how many setbacks she had up to that point.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My first thought was Titania as well, so good job OP.

I'm not far into the game, but Kamea from Battletech has a top tier design.

cinematic04.jpg

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amazon in Dragon's Crown

latest
Gonna counter the negativity and say I love the Amazon. Like the design and the tribute to Frazzetta.

Since the warrior woman definition seems to be getting a bit broad I'm gonna say Mitsuru from Persona 3.
latest

An intelligent and skilled fighter who the games frequently show isn't to be fucked with.