• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mikhailguy

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
I wanna say Predator 2, but I should rewatch it.

I remember it is as a standard cop movie -- until you get to the ending, that expands on the intrigue of the predators in a fun, vague way.

Could just be that Danny Glover is the iconic cop guy to me and that clouds my memory.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I loved and hated this movie. Loved it because Eddie and Martin played off each other so well and It was somewhat of a return to form for Eddie. Plus the supporting cast was great.

Hated it because it is such a tragically depressing story. Yes the ending was good but holy shit I couldn't help shake the fact that the story itself is far too real. I understand the overall theme was about resilience and the will to keep pushing but it's so tragic.

Wrong Life movie. LOL This one came out in 2017

The one you're thinking about was from 1999. And it's a GREAT movie.

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mission Impossible 2.

A chore to watch and then... BAM! Running, explosions, car chase, gun fights, helicopter shooting shit, and an epic martial arts 1 vs 1 on the beach.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I loved and hated this movie. Loved it because Eddie and Martin played off each other so well and It was somewhat of a return to form for Eddie. Plus the supporting cast was great.

Hated it because it is such a tragically depressing story. Yes the ending was good but holy shit I couldn't help shake the fact that the story itself is far too real. I understand the overall theme was about resilience and the will to keep pushing but it's so tragic.
Quoted wrong guy? :p

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
I love this thread because I completely forgot about Escape from LA's ending.

Shit ass movie with a TERRIBLE basketball sequence, but that ending was fucking on point.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I personally think Split's ending {the last 40 minutes or so) make the film work. Up until then, it could have ended as a bad film for me.

Mission Impossible 2.

A chore to watch and then... BAM! Running, explosions, car chase, gun fights, helicopter shooting shit, and an epic martial arts 1 vs 1 on the beach.
The first time I saw that film, the ending was such a relief it made me think the film was really good until I watched it again.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019

Blood Debt is a pretty mediocre revenge movie, but then pull this off at the last second.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Jeepers Creepers

I thought the movie was boring, but the last 2 minutes were really good and effective horror.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017

God being played by Alanis Morissette sours me less on Dogma.
That scene makes the whole movie worth it. Even if the film is not as good, the existence of this movie is justified with that scene. It gives me goosebumps each time I see it.
Abandoning the class struggle plot for a basic robot uprising plot kind of cheapened the movie. I don't think it made the whole movie bad though. I consider it to be a worthy successor to the 1927 German version, even though it's an adaptation of a manga.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
Godfather 3 has a pretty solid ending.

I generally recommend that people watch it once (and never again) just to see how Michael's story ends, which is basically its only worthwhile contribution to the trilogy.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Ghosttown with Ricky Garvais, the film is fine but I thought the final scene was very sweet.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
It's not a movie, but Final Fantasy XV was a game I did not enjoy that had an ending I felt belonged in a much better game.

Yup. Aside from the bro camp scene, it didn't earn its ending at all. Those final 6 or so chapters where an absolute mess, patchwork of barely explained story and lore because so much was cut, that left such a sour taste after the flawed but still followable first half.

Then this bittersweet ending comes in and for a blissful couple minutes after the logo changed, I forgot about the bullshit I had endured. It was a weird feeling

Last edited:

Deleted member 27246

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I saw Fast Time At Ridgemont High for the first time this year and fucking hated it, but I am a dopey sucker for any ending that does the "freeze frame written explanation of what else happens to the characters after the movie", ala Animal House.

How can you not love Fast Times :P

SparseIlliterateBarasingha-max-1mb.gif

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Yep came to post the same. I really like the whole "no matter how many times you will travel in time and try to fix it Judgment Day will come anyways" narrative.
It thematically made sense as well since John Connor was the son of Kyle Reese so there was evidence it was a closed loop right from the start.

xii_7

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Skyline. Look, I enjoyed this movie....whilst I was high as a kite. That ending was left field enough to make watching the movie worthwhile....whilst high...imo.

Can't quite believe ow bad the sequel is though. I mean, woof.

Deleted member 27246

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Skyline. Look, I enjoyed this movie....whilst I was high as a kite. That ending was left field enough to make watching the movie worthwhile....whilst high...imo.

Can't quite believe ow bad the sequel is though. I mean, woof.

I think I only saw the sequel haha.

There's a third one coming...Skylin3s.

xii_7

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
I think I only saw the sequel haha.

There's a third one coming...Skylin3s.

The first has some redeemable qualities - it was entertaining enough with some of its action scenes, decent effects and alien designs (plus the fact that the aliens destroy us is always a bonus in my book)... It wasn't a total catastrophe of movie making, compared to the pathetic sequel at least.

I had no idea about the third movie! Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a bigger bong.

Deleted member 27246

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The first has some redeemable qualities - it was entertaining enough with some of its action scenes, decent effects and alien designs (plus the fact that the aliens destroy us is always a bonus in my book)... It wasn't a total catastrophe of movie making, compared to the pathetic sequel at least.

I had no idea about the third movie! Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a bigger bong.

It has Lindsay Morgan, so even if the movie sucks monkeyballs at least I have something to look at :P

xii_7

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
It has Lindsay Morgan, so even if the movie sucks monkeyballs at least I have something to look at :P

Okay okay the sequel has at least one redeeming quality :)

..and she's actually returning the the third! Wasn't expecting that.
Looks like it'll release mid December.
Eh, I'll give it a download I 'spose

rafox

Apr 28, 2020
Hey OP, you accidentally put Spider-Man 3 among the ''bad movies'' list" HAHA you silly goose everyone knows Spider-Man 3 fucking rocks