• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I would agree with this. I think the problem was the rush to get to the finale hence plot lines that don't make a lick of sense.

I kind of disagree. The finale wrapped up all these plots in the most excruciating way possible. If it were good, I think people would have overlooked a lot of the problems with the last season... in fact, that was probably most people's hopes because there was excitement all the way up to the end, then thud. So that seems to be the finale's problem. I don't think I was satisfied with the outcome of like 90% of the cast, besides, maybe, Arya and Sansa.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What did HIMYM do just make a last second twist about who the mother was?
Worse. It:

- killed off the mother via narration
- undid a relationship built up over five seasons or so
-- the final season of which focused solely on that pair's wedding
- made the protagonist pine again for a character most of the series spent having him get over
- undid about seven years of character growth and development

And it did all that in a 10 minute narrated epilogue.

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Worse. It:

- killed off the mother via narration
- undid a relationship built up over five seasons or so
- the final season of which focused solely on that pair's wedding
- made the protagonist pine again for a character most of the series spent having him get over
- undid about seven years of character grossed and development

And it did all that in a 10 minute narrated epilogue.

Someone mentioned a director's cut which I think was an extra on a DVD set or something. Since I am never buying that awful final season again, have they actually aired it on tv at all?

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the Breaking Bad hate.

He finally admits he was just doing it for the power and he enjoyed it. He tries to make amends and ends up dying doing what he wanted to do.

Did people want him to get arrested and sent to prison or something? That would have been a pretty cool ending actually. His family slowly leaving the courtroom as the judge reads off all his crimes, until finally he looks back and he is all alone and is taken out to jail.
That's certainly what I wanted, made somewhat more aggravating when people try to frame Walt as tragic hero figure. Great show though, finale wasn't terrible but a cop out of sorts, Walt got off easy.

Dexter doesn't really fall into otherwise great but the finale is so much worse than even the terrible season(s) that proceeded it that it deserves some recognition.

I can't think of anything right now, can the season one finale of The Order count? That final sequence was some season destroying trash.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
How I Met Your Mother

Perfect example of sometimes endings need to evolve from what the initial plan was. If it was ending like that after 3 seasons I'd probably love it as I was a big fan of a certain pairing back then.

Game of Thrones

Nuff said. Used to chastise people for not watching the show, tell them not to bother now

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
What did HIMYM do just make a last second twist about who the mother was?
They killed off the mother. Had Barney and Robin get divorced after spending an entire season on there wedding and why thye were perfect together. Then revealed the whole point of the story was to let his kids be okay with him pursuing Robin... Again.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
That's certainly what I wanted, made somewhat more aggravating when people try to frame Walt as tragic hero figure.
lol people think Walt is a tragic hero after fully accepting he likes being a monstrous drug dealer?

I can see how Walt facing more consequences would be more satisfying as an ending.