• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I'm getting a cat soon (have a few in mind at a local shelter).

What are some names I should not give a cat?

I'm thinking "Chairman Meow" is high on the list. 😸

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): inflammatory reference containing a racist slur
Edit; nevermind

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
WpM49vLl.jpg

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
Acethaldeide
Puss McPussface
Gato
Usmail
Katherine
Belzepuss
Carl

It's all I can think right meow.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
We knew a goth couple who called theirs Bastet, and liking the idea of using Ancient Egyptian myth and religion for a cat's name, we went with... Isis.

Admittedly, this was 2010, so before the terrorist organisation was in the news, but, yeah... Don't be like us, calling out "Isis!!!!!" in the suburbs of a major city.

Side-note, we called our hamster Yoshi, in reference to Yoshimitsu.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oreo--so many people think naming a cat after the cookie is cute (and it would be!) but there is an unfortunate racist history of the word as well.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Basically anything you'd feel embarrassed calling out in the street if they go missing. Personally anything remotely pretentious I can't stand, but that's subjective.

Side-note: Chicken is a great cat name.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
Anything that is a pun. Weird generic pet names too that you'd never name a human like cookie or something

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I saw a lost cat post on Facebook once and it was for a black cat called "Jigga." Avoid racial slurs.

I named my kitty Jeff Goldblum, because he kinda has gold colouring.

Bwlzero

Jan 6, 2018
Someone I knew named their cat dumpy....short for cum dumpster. The story behind it was wild. Do not name him this.