• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Fucking hell, some of the comments in here are disgusting. Who cares if a man in his mid-50's isn't as fit as he was 16 and 24 years ago?!

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you haven't noticed for the past 5+ years or so, studios have been releasing predominately Black and/or Black led movies in January and Februrary to coincide MLK Bday Holiday weekend and Black History Month to great success. Seems the studio is following the success of the buddy cop movie Ride Along and Ride Along 2 that starred Ice Cube and Kevin Hart that opened on MLK Bday Holiday weekend.

That's true I guess I still look at that period (Jan. specifically) as a dead period, I know Black Panther did gangbusters though in Feb.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Michael Bay is, let's say controversial, but his visual direction was a major reason why these movies worked. Without him the concept seems ordinary and flat.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
These movies was more than just Micheal Bay. Will and Martin made it work too.

Last edited:

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
Michael Bay is not a name that should make anyone excited after five transformers movies

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
While it's not Bay, I think they did a decent job of emulating the look and style. It does seem a little smaller in scale of a movie compared to the last? 2 was huge over the top action film so it had so many insane huge set pieces of action, this kinda seemed a little mundane when you kinda expect them to try to top 3

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bad Boys 2 is still the greatest action film ever made.

I realized this when they were throwing bodies out of a truck at someone chasing them.

It was cemented when they had the trope of fist fighting in a mine field.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
LOL this looks so bad, wow. Seems like running through the motions for both, no energy at all. Still waiting for a laugh

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
These movies was more than just Micheal Bay. Will and Martin made it work too.

The star of these movies was never Smith or Lawrence, but a saturated exaggerated vision of south Florida, the Keys, and especially Miami. If you took the city in GTA: Vice City and made the city an ultra violent caricature of itself you'd have Bay's portrayal of unhindered excess encapsulated in a place. The appeal of these films has very little to do with the duo of characters who are nothing but an audience vehicle into a bigger world. It's exactly the same way that detectives in procedural crime dramas operate like Columbo and his Californian elites. The setting is the star, and I dont think this trailer gets that.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, it's a January action movie with Will Smith. I don't think they're expecting this to exactly be a billion dollar movie.

But it could be a decent nostalgia kick, so I'll probably end up seeing it. Even though that trailer was a bit rough. (Except for Joe Pantoliano...BRING HIM BACK FOR MATRIX 4, TOO!)

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Should have used the original bad boys song. Remix sucked.

It looks like bad boys, but there's just something missing that I can't put my finger on.

I will be there day one but Bay really should have directed this

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, retiring? Please don't die!

Also, I hope none of the stunts are CGI. We need that Michael Bay touch.

SpyGuy

Oct 30, 2017
Disappointed that Michael Bay is not involved but hey I'll take another bad Boys movie anyday. Love will smith and Martin when they are on screen together.

Hope this still has the set pieces and actions as good as the second one. Bad boys two still one of my favourite movies of all time.

Presice

Mar 1, 2018
This trailer looked pretty disappointing and cheesy. The amount of times I heard the phrase "bad boys" made my eyes roll. On some levels it was like I was watching a trailer made for an SNL parody sketch.

I'm going to watch it anyway.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
i dont get the point of this without bay. i mean this looks dull as fuck, and smith and martin can only carry it so far, and in this day and age with FF, i thought this would go NUCKING FUTS and throw logic completely out the window and have them drive cars up buildings and shit but this looks like an even lower budget bad boys 1.