• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Phil Spencer just confirmed on the Inside Xbox steam full backwards compatibility with all gens of Xbox, enhancements to game, and accessory backwards compatibility on Scarlett.

Edit 2: Apologies. May have gotten ahead of myself. Full in the sense of all gens. Licensing may still prove tempermental.

Last edited:

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does that mean 360 accessories work or just xbox one?

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Phil Spencer just confirmed on the Inside Xbox steam full backwards compatibility with all gens of Xbox, enhancements to game, and accessory backwards compatibility on Scarlett.

You figured that was the case given how they mentioned powering four generations of Xbox, but it's nice to have confirmation.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Would be cool if I could redownload Outrun 2 HD

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Note that he didn't say "full compatibility" in the sense that all 360/oXbox games will now work, just that the BC program as it is now will be expanded into the next generation.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure? Full as in every single OG Xbox disc? Sounds hard to believe.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Most likely it is full everything on Xbox One. So w/e Xbox OG and 360 games.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
God damn, Sony gotta pick up the slack. If the PS5 doesn't launch with back compat with PS3, 2, 1 and the PSP I'm going to be upset.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Every disc, regardless of the licencing issues plaguing the current program? Great news if true!

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Note that he didn't say "full compatibility" in the sense that all 360/oXbox games will now work, just that the BC program as it is now will be expanded into the next generation.

yeah I was gonna say, I'm watching it live and when I saw the thread title I was like wait did I miss something?

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox one accessories will work...bc on Xbox one plus Xbox one games will work

That's what he meant

Calm down

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
I believe he said any current OG Xbox and Xbox 360 games backward compatible with the Xbox One will work on Scarlett. Not all games or discs.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It's not full compatibility, just that everything that's already on there will go forward to scarlett.

I still have og xbox and 360 games that dont work yet, so those will probably not work on scarlett, at least until they're added to the program.

It does sound like all XB1 games will be compatible

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel bamboozled. One day I'll get an original xbox to play these damn Tony hawk games I have on disk.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
"Full" in the thread gives the wrong idea, but I'm glad that MS are committed as ever to backwards compatibility, with accessories too now, no less

God damn, Sony gotta pick up the slack. If the PS5 doesn't launch with back compat with PS3, 2, 1 and the PSP I'm going to be upset.
this Vita disrespect lmao

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another homerun for Microsoft.

I'm still aiming at PS5 but holy shit are they doing some solid work to win me back.

number8888

Oct 27, 2017
I take it as whatever runs on XB1 will work on Scarlett. Don't know why they didn't mentioned this on the briefing in the first place.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think we could probably get all but PS3. I just don't see PS3 happening with how fickle the architecture on that system was.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't this mean any disc/download will work? Or it must be "approved/certified" first?

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Um, he did state that. He said you can plug in your Scarlett and if you own a XB1 game you can just download it and play.
I don't think he explicitly said 100% of games. Like there could feasibly be exceptions (maybe games that have been delisted or whatever).

I think it probably will be 100% though.

Hold up, ALL accessories BC?!

360 Fight Sticks work on new Scarlett?!?!?!?

My guess is that it's referring to accessories that work on Xbox One.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I don't think he explicitly said 100% of games. Like there could feasibly be exceptions (maybe games that have been delisted or whatever).

I think it probably will be 100% though.

This is what Phil said:
"Some of these games people bought a decade ago in our digital ecosystem. You're going to turn on Project Scarlett and the entitlement's going to be there, you can download the game and play."