• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to seeing the Game Boost in action. Hopefully it works similarly to the Series X, and there are overall load time drops as well.

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
are they actually saying that... only 10 games dont work? woah. I was under the impression that they will just add games to the BC later and start off with a much lower % of games from the library as they go through testing.
They didn't manage to test them all.
That's probabaly the only games that had serious problems running on a PS5.... God knows why...

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
That's a really small list of incompatible games and I don't own any of them, so I'm definitely selling my Pro soon.

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Seems good, happy that the non-supported games are minimal. Looking forward to see how many games will use the boost mode.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
PT is not on that list.

200.gif

pharmboy044

Oct 27, 2017
Watch this gets taken down because someone posted this too early and the PS5 does not actually support all those games. Also, is it just me or there is no info regarding boost mode?

DJKippling

Nov 1, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Platform Waring
this is such a bad implementation compared to xbox its kinda mind blowing.

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
  • You can transfer digital games (...) from a PS4 console to a PS5 console using WiFi data transfer.

HOLY SHIT, can we bring over P.T.?

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
  • Before purchasing add-ons to play with your PS4 games on PS5 consoles, please try to boot and play your PS4 games on your PS5 console to see if you are happy with the play experience.
While I'm happy that most games are playable, this line is a bit scary.

It's because as stated previously they do not need to white list a game for it to play. They will only blacklist games they know do not work as intended.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's good that the list is so small, I wish they would just show us the UI already. There's some hints on what to expect there.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
What's the point of wirelessly transferring digital games when you can download them again?
Also is the DualSense compatible with PS4 games?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's a very good BC list, the left behind games are few and nothing that really should make people mad

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I genuinely wonder in what capacity they "don't work". Do they just plain not boot if you try and force it on a PS5? Is it actually not compatability, but more licensing related? Do they boot but have weird issues in game? I'm really curious to know what's up with these ones, the number is so small it's fascinating to me.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good to know. Now I'm curious what the boost mode is like. Like, if it's worth playing some games if it's just what PS4 Pro did.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
That's an oddball list of games that won't work. Would be really curious to know the why behind them.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Weird about the Share screen UI not available for PS4 games on PS5. Sounds confused at well as it does say a share menu will appear. The list of non compatible games is such random titles it's not a big issue at all (and I believe Series X isn't definitively going to play every single Xbox One game either).

I understood it as "The Share UI will be replaced by the Create UI so it will look different than on PS4 but still have the same functions"

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Shadow Complex Remastered ...

I wonder what will happen when I put my LRG disc in a PS5. I mean it doesn't work, so the digital version will likely just not be there. But I wonder if it will actually error out or crash the console.

I wonder if any other titles on there have physical copies, or if they are all digital

Happy data transfers though.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, this satisfies me.
That's legit all I wanted to hear.

I wonder what it is about those few games that don't work? Did they use some obscure functionality that doesn't work on PS5? Maybe they don't work well with the faster speed. I'd love to know what happened.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
3 of these being PSVR is interesting... probably the first thing I'll be testing once I get whatever the adapter is.