• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Boy band battle

• Backstreet Boys

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • NSYNC

Votes: 102 26.8%

• Total voters

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
All I'm gonna say is I'm going to go with Backstreet Boys because this video was the shit back in the day:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
all My ex girlfriends say Nsync
But to me it looked like they only liked them over Backstreet Boys by maybe 5%
they still lost their shit when a Backstreet Boys song came on at a wedding or event.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i unironically listen to BSB every once in awhile. can't say i'd ever do that with n*sync

T8SC

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Sick & tired of hearing all of Era talk about, whats the deal with this band war and when is it gonna fade out?

The thing you've got to realise, these bands are not a trend, they had the gift of melody but now they're at an end.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I always thought N Sync had the better music overall. Timberlake was coming into his own as a Pop producer, AND they had that early Neptunes and Darkchild influence. N Sync got the jump on a lot of what Pop music would go on to sound like for that decade.

Menik

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I was the biggest backstreet boy fan when I was a kid. They recently got back together to drop the album "DNA". These guys are way more sync'd than NSYNC.

EDIT--NSYNC's "Pop" has always been sick though.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018
Justin Timberlake was a lot better when he was solo, the Backstreet Boys were great when they were together. I honestly find some of their songs to be genuinely nice.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
NSYNC have Tearing Up My Heart, but I'd still have to give it to the Backstreet Boys. They had a ridiculous among of bangers and still deliver okay music nowadays.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Imo I think Nsync was better. BSB was too cheesy at times.
Nsync was cooler. If in school you asked dudes to pick (and if kids weren't calling em gay) then Nsync would win. They had the hip-hop link and vibed with a lot of what made hip-hop really popular around that era.

BSB weren't bad but they just weren't cool in the same way Nsync was.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
NSYNC. But shoutout to the Backstreet Boys for the incredible Larger Than Life video.

To quote myself from a couple of years ago:

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
I prefer slow jams as a general rule, and BSB was much better in that regard, so that's where my vote goes. And as someone mentioned earlier, BSB used all 5 guys. *NSYNC just used Chasez and Timberlake with occasional splashes of Kirkpatrick (even though Chris was a better singer than JT). I couldn't even tell you what Joey Fatone or Lance Bass's voices sounded like.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
BSB by a mile!!!
Listen baby I'm sorry, just wanna tell you don't worry, I will be late don't stay up and wait for me
Ah say again your dropping out my battery is low
Just so you know we're going to a place nearby
Gotta go

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I remember a couple Backstreet Boys songs fondly. (I have a distinct memory of dancing to "Everybody" at a wedding, as a 15 year old getting drunk for the first time.) I remember no NSYNC songs in the same way. So I guess Backstreet Boys, though I never listened to a full album by either. Probably a function of my age, though—the New Kids were more my time. (Step by Step baybee.) They were the first big concert I went to—at 7 or 8 years old?—and I owned a couple of their albums (on cassette tape).

Last edited:

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BSB. Better singers and a lot more handsome than goofy looking *NSYNC.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
I've come around on this, used to say N'SYNC but I do think it's BSB now. A lot of the N'SYNC hits were just kinda gimmicky and the vocals are better on BSB songs generally. N'SYNC had great flash and personality but the actual songs are just better in the BSB catalogue.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I prefer slow jams as a general rule, and BSB was much better in that regard, so that's where my vote goes. And as someone mentioned earlier, BSB used all 5 guys. *NSYNC just used Chasez and Timberlake with occasional splashes of Kirkpatrick (even though Chris was a better singer than JT). I couldn't even tell you what Joey Fatone or Lance Bass's voices sounded like.
It's funny you say that about Joey Fatone. He was on The Masked Singer last season and a common thing was that his character was someone they knew but they didn't know from where. Nicole Scherzinger even toured with the guy and didn't know it was Joey until he took his mask off.

DadsBoyfriend

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is like asking which of my children I love the most. How could you expect any mortal to make this choice.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
If you've ever tucked a weird zip polo into your cargo pants, you know the right answer

I never did that, but I'm actually liking this 90s club sound.

It's kinda something that people are trying to bring back, too.

All I'm gonna say is I'm going to go with Backstreet Boys because this video was the shit back in the day:

This stirred something in me.

I think I remember my younger kid self liking Brian and Kevin a bit. ?:

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Backstreet boys has some timeless classics like quit playing games with my heart and I want it that way. Love hearing those forever

I want you back from nsync is better than anything backstreet boys made though.

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Nsync was cooler. If in school you asked dudes to pick (and if kids weren't calling em gay) then Nsync would win. They had the hip-hop link and vibed with a lot of what made hip-hop really popular around that era.

My experience was the complete opposite. Backstreet was the "cool" one and NYSNC was seen as being for actual girls. (Elementary school was very sophisticated.)

Neece

Oct 27, 2017

Exact opposite experience for me.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
The one still touring and making music together. So BSB. Nsync had some good songs too though.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Back then, I was more of an *NSYNC kid and loathed Backstreet with all my being, though nowadays I'll admit BSB had some cool singles. None of them are "Pop", though.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
My experience was the complete opposite. Backstreet was the "cool" one and NYSNC was seen as being for actual girls. (Elementary school was very sophisticated.)
Exact opposite experience for me.
Yeah my school definitely didn't think that. Back then no one cared about who sung better, just who was more poppin and seemed cooler. Nsync took themselves less seriously which fit in well with us teenagers while BSB felt more mature, it was similar to why a lot of us liked Ludacris back then with how he was just outrageous. You then add in their style and flashiness it fit better with a lot of the current acts at the time. That was emphasized when Celebrity hit and they really hit more of the r&b/hip-hop realm.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I only like one song from each of them (backstreet is back and pop) so I don't know who to pick.

I'll go nsync since I liked some of Timberlake's solo stuff.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I love them both. Buuut there was that Christmas my mom bought me the Lance puppet doll over Justin and I was severely displeased so BSB it is.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
NSync definitely had the better music, plus they evolved with the times. songs like Girlfriend, and Gone were really good mostly because of the R&B vibes they were putting out. Good thing JC and Justin could actually sing.

birdinsky

Jun 10, 2019
Literally cannot believe anybody thinks BSB were better vocally. NSYNC never used the other three for their singles but all five of them could sing their asses off. National Anthem, Winter Olympics 2002 alone shits on anything BSB has ever done vocally. Like, sure, you can prefer BSB's music, that's up to taste, but if your reason is that BSB are better SINGERS, you're just actually, objectively wrong. (I AM CALM AND RATIONAL, YOU SHUT UP.)