• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
julia crawford

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
That's a historical injustice, but imagine doing that when you have perfectly functional pockets.

My bag is big and if someone's going to tussle inside it looking for my wallet i'm probably going to feel it.

Also i keep an empty old wallet in there just in case to confuse them.

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
I have tried putting things, including wallets, in my back pockets from time to time throughout my life. Every single time I have changed my mind after a minute or two due to how fucking uncomfortable it is.

Also, a wallet in your back pocket is like an invitation for pickpockets. They'll struggle to pickpocket a front pocket, but it's easy as pie for them to pickpocket your back pockets.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
The only time I use my back pockets is to put parking garage stubs there so I know where they are when it's time to leave the parking garage. People who constantly sit on their wallets baffle me.

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I don't think I've ever put anything in them. I would be afraid of accidentally sitting on it, having it stolen or it falling out.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I put my wallet there, otherwise it won't fit in my other pockets with my iPhone and AirPods

Should probably just get the iPhone wallet though

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
IMO the cell phone was made for the back pocket whenever you need to crouch or bend over. That way it doesn't dig into your thigh or hip.

Jul 16, 2020
Pocket watch, I believe.
edit: yep
main-qimg-cd10b59b4260e4ad8157e6af4bb36844.webp
And it's perfect for an AirPods case.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Do not put your wallet in your back pocket. Hell, don't put anything thicker than a mask back there.

You are actively destroying your spine if you sit on it.
Please. My wallet is just for cards. Fits like 5 in it. Definitelly larger than a mask but you dont even notice it when you sot down. At All. You'd have to rub your ass on something to really try to feel it.

Robaperas

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
They're useful for me, I work in plumbing and I keep my gloves hanging from one of those pockets, or maybe a small adjustable wrench or a screwdriver. 🤔

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
I dont like sitting on my wallet. It's kinda big, but fits more comfortably on a front pocket.

"Just get a smaller wallet" they say.

But I like my wallet.....

netprints

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I always had my wallet in my back pocket. I then got a smaller wallet that just holds cards and now everything is in my front pockets. Way more comfortable for sitting. All I bring with me are my keys, phone, and wallet

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
I used to put my wallet back there, but riding motorcycles made that annoying so now it's slim (non folding) front pocket wallet for life.

Oct 25, 2017
Even an empty wallet is too thick to sit on comfortably.
Always thought back pocket wallet people were crazy, ever since I was born.

They're good for flat, flexible things.
Papers, wet wipe packets, stuff like that.
I also like how they look.

Last edited:

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Y'all are wild for keeping wallets in there, you can't sit down and its the easiest place to pickpocket, enjoy getting robbed.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Back pocket is for your wallet - though it'll fuck up your back over time when sitting, and it makes it way easier for somebody to steal it.

Nov 14, 2017
Nothing goes in my back pocket. Uncomfortable and a security hazard. I just keep my phone in my front right pocket. I have a case that holds my cards in the back, so I don't even carry a wallet anymore. My keys are usually attached to a beltloop with a carabiner.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Rear right pocket is for my wallet, which I don't mind sitting on. I've never used the rear left pocket for anything, throughout my entire life, so that one isn't necessary for me. But my wallet is too bulky and would feel/look weird if it was in a front pocket, and those are occupied by my phone and keys anyway.

I don't really have any concern where I am about pickpockets but there are some places where I'll switch my wallet to a front pocket to be safe (festivals/concerts/conventions or other places with large crowds, other countries where pickpockets are a problem, and so on).

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
I've always hated putting my wallet back there but back pockets are great utility pockets for things you weren't expecting to carry, especially in the before time where you might interact with people who wanted to give you shit.

These days, I do have an ultra slim wallet that I keep in a back pocket. It just holds my license, a credit card, and some emergency bills. It's thin enough that I don't feel it at all.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I put my phone in there which has my wallet attached. And I just take my phone out when I sit down and put it on the table or hold it or put it in my front pocket. I just like keeping it in the back because it's easy access.

I just don't like putting my phone in my front pocket. Doesn't feel right. I also usually put it on the left and not the right. With the screen facing in and upside down so when I pull it out it's the correct orientation.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Great place to put a mask nowadays. Used to put my wallet back there, but was starting to feel like George in that one Seinfeld episode lol.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
The back pocket is the home of the coozie. I will find coozies back there months later that I forget about after a long night of drinking. It's like a fun trip down memory lane.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
I put my wallet there. I keep my wallet slim. My but has more than enough cushion to equalize the pressure.

I remove my wallet while sitting duh

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
What are you gonna do, sit on your stuff?? Yeah I bet those HOUSE KEYS will feel very nice in your ass.
If you keep a slim wallet with just essentials in it and clip your key ring to your belt loop and shove the keys themselves into your pocket so they don't jingle around, this is actually pretty doable since you're not actually sitting on your keys.

Keys in back left and wallet in back right is literally how I go about my day to day, except during occasions where my shorts don't have back pockets. And if I'm going out without back pockets, I'm not out of the house for too long anyway so it doesn't matter.

Back pockets are useful. People just don't maximize pocket space appropriately.