• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Seems like the Game Director and Card system is meant to keep replayable up and prevent things from feeling repetitive which is an interesting take.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Something tells me we haven't seen nothing when it comes to the special zombies

Im sure they'll be some cool ones, but the whole creepy crying that The Witch does and then frantically runs to kill you is going to be hard to match. And I think Valve wouldn't allow any special zombies that were similar to their's.

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I made a thread before but eh, this one is better.

People found the main theme in the preload :

Straight fire imo.

romey

Mar 2, 2020
If you need that zombies shooter fix in the meantime. Go and download Killing Floor 2 on PC. It's always on sale for dirt cheap nowadays

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
At least the narrative this time seems to not be survive zombies but wiping out zombies instead. Because that's really what L4D feels like. You're essentially a 4-man squad of zombie busters.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Im sure they'll be some cool ones, but the whole creepy crying that The Witch does and then frantically runs to kill you is going to be hard to match. And I think Valve wouldn't allow any special zombies that were similar to their's.
We're already seeing their versions of the L4D specials. Hunter/Spitter combo, Boomer, Charger, and Tank are all there in that video.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
U guys already got the alpha keys?
I thought it starts being sent tomorrow
Hope I got in

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Really hope the cards (perks) you choose are reactionary and selected during the campaign run at safehouses rather than something you draft before starting the game. I would much prefer that approach.

1. Start at Safehouse. Select your beginning perk.
  2. Game Director chooses X corruption card, team is performing a certain way in Mission 1, informing you of your next move when it comes to the perks.
  3. Complete side activities/challenges (based on the sounds of it?) in Mission 1 to unlock new perks.
  4. Get to Mission 2 Safehouse, select given perk or one of the unlocked challenge perks.
etc. The reactionary or drafting approach ala Slay the Spire would seem much better imo.

I really don't want to have to draft a deck... also I would've liked to see these not called cards and decks. Feels a little gamey and not "in universe" in a way.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
I've been looking forward to this! June is kinda a bummer, but maybe I'll jump in during early testing...

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
eh, i could do without the card system. especially since it's clear it's gonna be used for mtx. but everything else sounds great so hopefully it won't be a big issue

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Was it even pitched to Valve? Or do you mean you wonder why Valve never continued with the Left 4 Dead series?

There were leaked Left 4 Dead 3 screenshots a year or so ago. It seems like the game was in development at some point. I think it had something to do with a middle east location.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
There were leaked Left 4 Dead 3 screenshots a year or so ago. It seems like the game was in development at some point. I think it had something to do with a middle east location.
That's not this game [Back 4 Blood] though, is it? Or were Turtle Rock Studios involved with Left 4 Dead 3 and turned it into this new one - hence Valve having thrown it away?

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone seen if this has location based model damage/dismemberment? The way L4D2 handles this stuff makes combat still super satisfying.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
Has anyone seen if this has location based model damage/dismemberment? The way L4D2 handles this stuff makes combat still super satisfying.

ya i was payin attention to the gore in this vid and it seems downgraded in that sense compared to left 4 dead.

overall this seems very derivative of their own work which is understandable but doesnt excite me much.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
They realized they got way more money from the Steam Store and monetization than developing video games. So that's why there isn't a lot of new games from Valve.

That's not true at all, we know from leaks as well as The Final Hours of Half Life Alyx that Valve had a ton of games in development over the past decade, including at least 2 versions of Left 4 Dead 3 (an AR version that got cancelled when Valve moved to VR and a more traditional L4D3 that got cancelled when the team couldn't decide to switch to Unreal Engine or work on Source 2 since Source 2 was apparently a mess for a very long time).
Valve's culture just made it really difficult for a game to get off the ground and get a lot of employees working on it. They claim they've fixed that issue and Source 2 seems to be in a much better place than where it was for a very long time so we'll see.

May 18, 2018
That's not true at all, we know from leaks as well as The Final Hours of Half Life Alyx that Valve had a ton of games in development over the past decade, including at least 2 versions of Left 4 Dead 3 (an AR version that got cancelled when Valve moved to VR and a more traditional L4D3 that got cancelled when the team couldn't decide to switch to Unreal Engine or work on Source 2 since Source 2 was apparently a mess for a very long time).
Valve's culture just made it really difficult for a game to get off the ground and get a lot of employees working on it. They claim they've fixed that issue and Source 2 seems to be in a much better place than where it was for a very long time so we'll see.
Guess i've been staying at Steam boards for a bit too long.
Thanks for the info.

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
Dude this looks kinda rough around the edges but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't super hyped already. Hoping I get a code later!