• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Awwwww yeah, Left4Dead 3!

Looks great! Don't play with the guys I used to play L4D2 with but hope I get a good group for this and hope it was the 4v4 mode too. Setting up great combos as the infected was so fun.

Freakylinks

Nov 4, 2017
I mean i dunno, i was excited for when Evolved was announced from the makers of left 4 dead! was so stoked and then well... we got evolved. so perhaps this should be back 4 blood from the makers of evolve!

ill give it a fair shot for sure but i think valve helped out these devs so much to clean up what became left 4 dead. ahhhh who am i kidding i am prob gonna grab this day one too.

edit: yeah that gameplay demo looks hot... ugh please be good!

FearMyWrench

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Actually super hyped for this! Craving a modern L4D so much... assuming it doesn't turn out like Evolve.

I'm surprised there isn't more interest in here. Is L4D just that out of style now? It was HUGE back in the day

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Looks cool, a little too corny the way the zombies are 20 feet tall and whatever, that's fine though. characters' don't seem as endearing, but the gameplay looks intense.

I'm excited.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait. Loved Evolve, one of my favorite games last gen. And I love L4D. This is about as close looking to the real deal as it's gonna get, so I'm all over it

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Left 4 Dead sequel we've been waiting for. And looks like it could be a day one for me... hm.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Hope it gets localized.
The dubs in Left 4 Dead were super good, until Valve pulled the plug and simply stop dubbing games and DLCs anymore.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
On their website's FAQ section, it has something like "what happened to the game we were making?" and that it's canned.

What was that game?

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Man it felt like they announced way too many games with similar gameplay to this one now. Feels like these guys made this game too late to get noticed from the masses idk.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Looks fine. Looks like L4D. I just think it's really hard to fill the shoes of the original 4 survivors. Even when L4D2 came out the cast wasn't that well received either.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Versus Mode is in! From their website:

CqYKod7.png

yi7tkrq.png

B3pSBZ2.png

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
At 1:13 in the gameplay video the melee attack does not reset or interrupt the reload process.. just like in l4d ♥

Have rewatched it a few times already, I'm super hyped! I know it won't be L4D3 when it comes to polish, art, optimization, control smoothness, characters etc etc, but I still hope it's amazing in its own way to fill the void a bit

And I hope they at least optimize the hell out of it so all my l4d loving friends can play, even the ones with very old PCs.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
NGL, pretty damn hyped for this, even though it clearly lacks the valve special sauce in terms of story/presentation.

May 18, 2018
It looks alright, but something about it seems off. The zombies being slow is one of them.
Though since this is an Alpha, I hope it gets better.

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017
I don't want to sound like a 12 year old but - why does the gore look so shit? Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 have some of the most satisfying hit reactions in any shooter, it's part of what made them so fun and replayable and this just seems very...lacking. I know L4D used lots of scripted death animations and that looks dated in some ways but it's also 11 years old, you'd think there'd be some better physics and animation blending that could be done now. Hopefully this is something they're still working on because watching the guy walk through the tunnel with the shotgun made me a bit sad.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looks fine. Looks like L4D. I just think it's really hard to fill the shoes of the original 4 survivors. Even when L4D2 came out the cast wasn't that well received either.

I know it would've been 4 Dudebros, but I was so surprised they never did anything with the actual Midnight Riders. Group of 4 grizzled rock stars with a lot of history smashing their way through the zombie outbreak would've made for a different tone. Apparently Valve asked the community if they wanted to see an comic about them and never released one, either.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Nice.
I played WWZ few moths ago since it was $10 and while fun it was janky as hell and the devs abandoned any support for it. This is gonna fill the zombie coop void

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Valve gonna be like "Hold up, bitches" any minute now.

Unless they pick up the last version of Left 4 Dead 3 that was cancelled around 2017 I doubt it, they just released Alyx and seem to be working on another VR game code named Citadel right now. Valve really doesn't have all that many employees (only around 350) and many of them work on stuff like the Steam storefront, hardware and their GAAS.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Really excited for this since Valve doesn't give a damn about more L4D this is all we got. L4D is some of the best gaming ever with friends, we still play it to this day.

Ehh I disagree with that. We know of at least 2 internal versions of Left 4 Dead that were cancelled for different reasons. There was an augmented reality version that was cancelled when Valve shifted focus to VR and the more traditional version in developed for a few years that was cancelled around 2017 because Source 2 wasn't really far along enough to support it and they couldn't decide if to work on Source 2 or port it to Unreal. It seems like there was a lot of internal support for L4D at Valve and I think we'll probably get L4D3 some day however a lot of their focus seems to be on growing the VR market right now.

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
That's the same voice actor who did the voice of Zoey, isn't it? Really sounded like her.