• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018

The introduction video of the close alpha was found in the preload files.
It gives a pretty clear view into what the game is going to be gameplay-wise.

Sign-up for the closed alpha here :
www.back4blood.com

Back 4 Blood

Back 4 Blood is a thrilling cooperative first-person shooter from the creators of the critically acclaimed Left 4 Dead franchise. You are at the center of a war against the Ridden. These once-human hosts of a deadly parasite have turned into terrifying creatures bent on devouring what remains of...

Edit : Video officially uploaded on Twitter.

Last edited:

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The Ogre looks cool because we actually see it reaching into doorways to try and snatch up players. I really enjoy when games make it so huge enemies are just stopped by something as simple as a doorway. Wonder how "flexible" that enemy will be to interacting with the environment.

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Note that this is pre-alpha footage, some of the names for the special infected changed since then for example.

Tokklyym

Oct 28, 2017
The card system seems interesting, even if it may make the game harder to balance. I worry about the secondary attacks being tied to the characters.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, this answers some of the questions I had. Tentatively very excited. Really into the idea of extra heroes and hero choice meaning something (very tentative on that, so we'll see). Iffy on the deck thing - could be GREAT. Could be meh. But honestly, unless there's some huge weird report about this, I'm going to be there d1. L4D/2 are some of my favorite games of all time, hands down.

Looking forward to closing the saferoom door in my husband's face over and over as I laugh at him. It's the little things.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
"the ridden"
how many more names can we come up for "not zombies"
agreeeeeeeeeeed
The card system seems interesting, even if it may make the game harder to balance. I worry about the secondary attacks being tied to the characters.
I do too about the latter - but maybe the card system will help balance that? Because I will almost certainly want to play as homegirl over there and if she has a secondary I'm not into, I'm gonna be very disappointed. Don't give me a woman to be and then make me not want to be the woman, dudes! :(

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
agreeeeeeeeeeed

I do too about the latter - but maybe the card system will help balance that? Because I will almost certainly want to play as homegirl over there and if she has a secondary I'm not into, I'm gonna be very disappointed. Don't give me a woman to be and then make me not want to be the woman, dudes! :(

I think her special attack is going to be that bat of hers.
Also, they confirmed that there will be at least 2 women in the 8 characters at launch !

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
i hope you don't have buy any cards
2020-12-14_23_52_14-Window.png

This could change between now and launch of course.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
This looks quality.
Good to know I'm not the only person who does this.
always be trolling (your friends and loved ones in a light-hearted way)
I think her special attack is going to be that bat of hers.
Also, they confirmed that there will be at least 2 women in the 8 characters at launch !
Oh, I missed that, thank you!

And yeah, I assume the bat - and that's great, I love a solid melee weapon - but is it JUST weapon or is it an attack? I kinda hope it's just the former and they have a signature thing, but if it's the latter, I hope it doesn't impact play too much. But again, I don't care, I've already bought this in my mind. :D

Here's hoping for silly touches like gnomes, cricket bats, frying pans that aren't great but make a satisfying clang, and lots of pithy dialogue that will work its way into my everyday conversations.

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Looks great, but, how do I sign up? No detail in the trailer nor the YouTube description...
Here you go.
I'll add it to the "OP".

www.back4blood.com

Back 4 Blood

Back 4 Blood is a thrilling cooperative first-person shooter from the creators of the critically acclaimed Left 4 Dead franchise. You are at the center of a war against the Ridden. These once-human hosts of a deadly parasite have turned into terrifying creatures bent on devouring what remains of...

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Gunplay looks a lot punchier this time. Better color palette as well. Kinda reminds me of Killing Floor 2, in a good way.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Already got my key and I'm really excited, it looks great! Everything I've seen or heard so far is pretty good.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
So...are the 'cards' consumable/one-time use only type deals? As soon as I heard those words along with 'rogue-like' elements, I assumed that would be where the microtransactions would come from, if they do in fact come with.

'Building a deck' seems to imply that you can pick and choose cards that support your style, but if you deck constantly gets grinding that out would get old, fast.

It kiiinda seems like they're perma-use (but that you can only pick from a select few out of your entire pool)....or at least, I hope so.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
So i'm guessing they will have more infected enemy types at launch correct? And is it multiple stories you play?

May 18, 2018
I was wondering, was it Valve who wrote the the L4D characters or was it Turtle-Rock?
Edit: aw man, can't watch the video.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
2020-12-14_23_52_14-Window.png

This could change between now and launch of course.

That kind of obnoxious phrasing and dodge makes me absolutely sick. They chose to phrase the question that way and be cute about cosmetic MTX, when the real question is, are they going to monetize the card system and thus doom this game the same way The Coalition doomed Gears of War 4's Horde mode.

IF TURTLE ROCK IS READING THIS: Seriously, look at what happened to Gears 4, how much it was roasted for its decision, and proceed accordingly.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
As long as this is fully playable offline I'm interested.
Love games that have huge replay value and the director and the card system sounds like it adds a lot to that aspect.
A little worried the card system means it's online only though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
As long as this is fully playable offline I'm interested.
Love games that have huge replay value and the director and the card system sounds like it adds a lot to that aspect.
A little worried the card system means it's online only though.

The game is entirely playable solo offline with bots, just like Left 4 Dead.

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Looks like they took down all of the mirrors for the introduction video.
They just left the main menu theme.

It sounds great imo, It gives me so much nostalgia.