• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Thanks to my kid, I'm very familiar with the Super Simple Songs and Cocomelon versions, but I've actually never heard the original until this thread. I wish I'd never heard any of them, but I would say the original easily more annoying than the other two.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I remember this song as a kid and doing it a couple times when at camp. Even most of the different hand movements you make when doing the different Sharks. Shit always ended in the last part being shark attack.

It's really strange it's blowing up now of all times and the fact that a lot of people never heard it is crazy. I also refuse to listen to this song to have anything like what I already know of this song stuck in my head.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This makes me chuckle a lot.

My youngest showed it to me, and we just can't get it out of our heads.

My eldest and GF roll their eyes so hard every time we sing it lol

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
how FU-CKNG DARE you break character on the last sentence like that

giphy.gif
Memetic hazard ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Oooooh. Didn't know the song but i hear the melody all the time on these meme vids my son watches.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
YouTube's increasingly insane popularity among very young kids is making me uncomfortable as fuck.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Me too. Shits my jam. Heard this a lot with my brother when he was little and I always liked hearing it.

I never heard of this, then again I haven't really been with young kids in 5-6 years. It's ok, and catchy, but too many dodo's for me. I'm not the target of course so I can't say anything :P

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
I recently introduced my kids to The Salmon Dance [edited] and they turn their backs on Baby Shark.

As far as oceanic repetitive kids songs go, Narwhals Song is 10000000% better. That song had legs with my kids.

Last edited:

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I believe it. My 2yr old foster son was still hungry at bedtime last night so I gave him a small bag of gold fish crackers. He took one out and with the biggest smile went, "Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo".

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Thanks to my kid, I'm very familiar with the Super Simple Songs and Cocomelon versions, but I've actually never heard the original until this thread. I wish I'd never heard any of them, but I would say the original easily more annoying than the other two.
The super simple version is what we usually always play. I like how they have long blocks of their version of children songs that I don't have to flip through.

Vinci

Oct 29, 2017
If your kid wants a break from this, don't Google Pinkfong's other song "Monkey Bananas". It's "Baby Shark" but with cuter animals.

Ugh.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
I saw some celebrity play this song on Instagram christmas morning and it went completely over my head. I am out of touch.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer Cocomelon's Bath Song myself.
Yeah their songs are pretty well made and catchy.

Heard it on Cocomelon first. It's catchy, but the song that haunts me at night is still "Johnny, Johnny? Yes, Papa?" Kill me.
Haha.

We started with LittleBabyBum, some of those songs are now taking valuable space in my brain.

At least it is better than Peppa Pig.
I'm afraid I'm going to have to punish you for that, completely wrong, post.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
Truly is a song of a generation. I have no kids yet I play it all the time by asking Alexa to play it in whatever room my wife is in...

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Jokes aside, Peppa Pig is great because it very cleverly teaches kids to be inclusive without shoving it in your face.
I take it you're not a parent.

Because if you were, and you withhold the magic of Peppa to your children then you're a bad person.

I've watched too much of it babysitting my nephews, hence the annoyance.

I must admit, it is a good show for kids. Though sometimes I wish they were into sesame street instead.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I heard it mentioned before but this was the first time I saw it. I'm pretty sure this isn't original, I have vague memories of something like this from my childhood.

Yeah their songs are pretty well made and catchy.

Haha.

We started with LittleBabyBum, some of those songs are now taking valuable space in my brain.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to punish you for that, completely wrong, post.

Oh, we started with LittleBabyBum too, then moved to Cocomelon. Stuff was a lifesaver back in the day. When I first saw LBB I was like, it's bad, it's so bad! And then I saw everything else on Youtube and suddenly appreciated that they cared enough to make reflective bus wheels. :D

The real question though (for all parents!), is have you seen...this:

Jokes aside, Peppa Pig is great because it very cleverly teaches kids to be inclusive without shoving it in your face.

I'm with whatsinaname. I really, really don't like Peppa Pig. If you truly love your child, have them watch Sarah and Duck. Or Hey Duggee.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, we started with LittleBabyBum too, then moved to Cocomelon. Stuff was a lifesaver back in the day. When I first saw LBB I was like, it's bad, it's so bad! And then I saw everything else on Youtube and suddenly appreciated that they cared enough to make reflective bus wheels. :D

I'm with whatsinaname. I really, really don't like Peppa Pig. If you truly love your child, have them watch Sarah and Duck. Or Hey Duggee.

LOL, he actually doesn't watch much in general. His cousin loves Sarah and Duck but he hasn't taken to it. I have Puffin Rock lined up for him when he is slightly older.

honestrade

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My 1 year old is addicted to this song so I listen to it about 10 times a day. She likes to do the shark clapping motion. We recently went to Chile to visit family and now her younger cousins are also addicted to this song. It's everywhere.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017

Hey Duggee is the best BBC children's show in a decade.

Love Sarah and Duck too. *quack*

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I've heard of this song but have yet to listen to it.

Didn't realize it was that big of a deal

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
My 11 month old son loves it.
Been in my head all day

Wilson

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just imagine what the play count would be if it combined all of the remixes and the unofficial videos. My son went through a solid 6+ month period of loving it and the many, many different versions of it. I'm so glad that phase has passed.