• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
They should probably also be put on the No Fly List. Anyone who makes a disturbance really.
Box car or cargo ship, sorry!
The guy was hammered and it was an 11 hour flight, so I'd think it was over and then wake to this large oaf in the aisle, leaning on my armrest, chatting incoherently to his companions. Guantanamo needs to be shut down but until then that's where he should be placed; fortunately you get handcuffed on the plane ride over.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sure they can. For the consideration of others, you should wait a few years and make arrangements (one parent stays home) if your child isn't ready to fly quietly yet. Should, as a consideration. I'm not advocating for a law here.

What's the point of suggesting something so absurd it's clearly not happening? Do you even understand why families travel?

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the point of suggesting something so absurd it's clearly not happening? Do you even understand why families travel?
Accepting that there are some things you can no longer do or cant do for a while once you become a parent isnt absurd. Dont become a parent if all you want to do is shift responsibility.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017

Sure. I know two sets of parents who didn't fly anywhere with their kids until their youngest was in or near pre-K and could handle themselves. Grandparents flew here to visit, they took a few years driving around the country for vacation instead of flying, not a big deal.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Is there anything ERA doesn't complain about?

Put on headphones and quit complaining. Y'all cry more than the babies on these planes.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
Sure. I know two sets of parents who didn't fly anywhere with their kids until their youngest was in or near pre-K and could handle themselves. Grandparents flew here to visit, they took a few years driving around the country for vacation instead of flying, not a big deal.
They took that decision for themselves, not for the good of strangers, and it was an easy enough option for them.

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
Should probably just ban babies from the general public as well. Isolate then in their houses like god intended.

Oct 27, 2017
Accepting that there are some things you can no longer do or cant do for a while once you become a parent isnt absurd. Dont become a parent if all you want to do is shift responsibility.

Is my mild whimsy meter off?

Other people talking at restaraunt bugs me, ban all conversation. If you cant wait to talk until you get home you shouldnt go out to eat. Just have people over NBD. Bit dont talk you inconsiderate selfish thing. Thinking anyone else wants to hear what you have to say. I mean were there to eat, you arent even supposed to eat and talk at the same time!

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a person who never wants to have kids, I am laughing my ass off at the notion of someone wanting to fucking ban babies from boarding planes. Talk about entitled. Their parents are probably having it way worse than you from having to deal with both their child and your side-eyes. Put up a headphone and close your eyes.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Is my mild whimsy meter off?

Other people talking at restaraunt bugs me, ban all conversation. If you cant wait to talk until you get home you shouldnt go out to eat. Just have people over NBD. Bit dont talk you inconsiderate selfish thing. Thinking anyone else wants to hear what you have to say. I mean were there to eat, you arent even supposed to eat and talk at the same time!
Please go on about your idea to ban conversation in restaurants. I like the idea. I would also suggest banning anyone who eats with their mouth open from having a baby just in case it is genetic.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
Babies should be banned from planes? Guess we start by adding shinra-bansho to a no-fly list, then.

Oct 27, 2017
Please go on about your idea to ban conversation in restaurants. I like the idea. I would also suggest banning anyone who eats with their mouth open from having a baby just in case it is genetic.

Oh absolutely. And for those schlubs who scrape their fork on their teeth while out on public? Well, there's a reason the Americans invented the guillotine!

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Oh absolutely. And for those schlubs who scrape their fork on their teeth while out on public? Well, there's a reason the Americans invented the guillotine!
I saw someone picking his teeth at Venice Marco Polo with a toothpick last week. Every time he did it he smacked his lips together as though he was eating the food he found in his teeth. And yes he had a baby. Ban them all and ban carryons. Flying used to be for the privileged. We don't need "wah I made a bad decision and now have a parasite that needs to go to the amalfi coast" flying around.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw someone picking his teeth at Venice Marco Polo with a toothpick last week. Every time he did it he smacked his lips together as though he was eating the food he found in his teeth. And yes he had a baby. Ban them all and ban carryons. Flying used to be for the privileged. We don't need "wah I made a bad decision and now have a parasite that needs to go to the amalfi coast" flying around.

I am pretty sure you forgot the /s, otherwise, fucking yikes.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I can't stand children on a plane, but if it's an emergency where they need to visit family, bring'em onboard. I just can't stand the parents that won't work with their child when they are upset. I had a Mother on one flight that laughed as her child was crying out loud because her Dad wasn't with them. This went on for HOURS. Instead of comforting her child, she just laughed and told her to "suck it up".

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
User Warned: Antagonizing Another User
We flew 14 hour nonstop across pacific last year with our 10-month old baby. We were lucky to request a seat with a baby basket in the front of the seats. The baby slept for maybe 4 hours. After that it was non stop babying him. I had to carry him up and down the aisle and constantly going to the bathroom so he could play with the toilet paper. I did it for maybe 4-5 hours and my wife did it for 3 hours. We were lucky we could take turn to baby him.

But if you are sitting by yourself and want to complain you are being bothered, OP, you can suck my dick. Yeah you heard me, fuck off.

OP
OP
shinra-bansho

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Not really into daddies, tbh. But thanks for the offer.

I will chalk this unwarranted hostility off to the stress, regret and sadness of saddling yourself with an 18 year economic burden.

OP
OP
shinra-bansho

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why you didn't bold phone, the rare earth metals in them needed to be mined and when I get bored of it, it's probably going to some waste city in like rural China.

vitamind

Nov 1, 2018
Whoosh. This thread is hilarious. Either people can't detect hyperbole or it touched a sensitive nerve or perhaps both. I agree OP. One of the most expensive STIs is a baby.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
I just had a flight from Chicago to Tampa and had kids in front of and behind me.

I feel your pain, OP and I agree. I wanted to open the door and bail out, with or without a chute.

SmartBase

Self-requested ban
Dec 17, 2017
Parents thinking their brats are special and entitled to make everyone else miserable is nothing new, just enjoy some booze and put on some IEMs.

Or use business class.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I can't fucking stand babies and kids on planes. Flying already sucks enough. Just because you chose to ruin your lives having kids doesn't mean the rest of us want to suffer. Most parents don't even seem to give a shit, like they're happy they get to spread their misery to other people.

Grow the fuck up and stay home till your kid is old enough to have some sense.

Goodlifr

Nov 6, 2017
Only taken my kids on a plane once.
Youngest was 2. My wife took a cocktail of drugs and gin (she hates flying).
I was trying to sort out the older 2, turned round to find my 2 year old stroking the hair of the woman who was sat next to her... who was looking horrified.

I laughed.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it was worse for the parents, and if he really yelled for 8 hours he probably have some health condition.

I don't even have kids, but empathy is nice folks.
I was flying to Mallorca with my now my ex, and we had this exact situation with the most YOLO couple who were going "CANNOT HELP IT OKAY?!?!?".
Thankfully it was just few hours, but empathy shuts down when you hear demonic screeching next to you.

Oct 27, 2017
I can't fucking stand babies and kids on planes. Flying already sucks enough. Just because you chose to ruin your lives having kids doesn't mean the rest of us want to suffer. Most parents don't even seem to give a shit, like they're happy they get to spread their misery to other people.

Grow the fuck up and stay home till your kid is old enough to have some sense.

I certainly don't give a shit about you enough to not travel on a plane with my kids, I assure you. You being miserable is your own damn problem. 'Grow the fuck up', the irony.