• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
How about you put on headphones?

I have seen some parents not give a fuck about their kids behavior at times in planes, however as a parent myself I do everything in my power to manage my kids on a plane yet at times due to possibly many other reasons they are just not comfortable and they cry.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
How do you expect to transport children across country?

fragile.png

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
You just have to suck this kinda crap up.

Yes its annoying, especially on long red eye flights but I don't think most parents are travelling with kids for the purpose of fucking with people's sleep.

Usually I just feel bad for the parents. They usually look haggard.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised by the all the high and mightiness in this thread

OP I feel you. I've been on flights that were definitely been ruined by screaming kids and it sucked. Order a drink and try to relax.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Sent from my phone via in-flight WiFi as baby screams behind me. And in front of me.

Or there should be non-baby and baby planes. Like they used to have smoking and non-smoking.

This is particularly true of long haul flights.

Also, they should get rid of carryon, which kind of covers babies anyway.
Edited out. Sorry op.

Last edited:

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Babies are not really a problem. Like most of the time they just don't give a fuck and sleep. Or they stare at the ceiling. Babies are cute and fun. They're also chubby, which makes them even cuter. And if they cry there's nothing you can do about it. They cry. Even if you get angry, it's a baby crying. You have no control over it. Neither does anyone really.

Young kids, however, are an actual issue. Because they're intelligent enough to know they shouldn't scream or kick or speak loudly. But they choose to do it anyway. This is the nightmare scenario. But hey, it's temporary. At least you're not a parent, they have to deal with this all day long.

At the end of the day, you can't do anything about it. How are you gonna stop people from traveling with their kids? What are they supposed to do, leave them home? Invest in noise-canceling headphones, and try to enjoy your flight as much as possible.

This. Babies arent the problem its the kids who have gotten old enough to become assholes that get me. Babies tend to just sleep. I'm 6'4 though so flying is literal physical torture, I'll take a crying baby, I want to cry on flights too.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Barring extreme emergencies I just don''t get why anyone would actively WANT to travel with their baby. Wherever you're going, they won't remember. You're always worried about them. The baby is miserable. You are miserable. Others are miserable. Just stay home. Just say "yeah well we have Baby this summer, but in a couple summers, we'll definitely come visit you guys!"
Edit. I think im being harsh. I feel you.

Last edited:

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
Barring extreme emergencies I just don''t get why anyone would actively WANT to travel with their baby. Wherever you're going, they won't remember. You're always worried about them. The baby is miserable. You are miserable. Others are miserable. Just stay home. Just say "yeah well we have Baby this summer, but in a couple summers, we'll definitely come visit you guys!"
Because some of us actually have family that live in other states?

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
So is 2 and older acceptable? How old do kids need to be in order to fly?
If this is directed at me, I think even newborns should be allowed on flights. As I said, I think OP's suggestions are silly. I just also think that using your baby as an accessory to take pictures with Goofy at Disneyland and in the process annoying fellow people on your flight to do so is... confusing? Maybe it's something I need to be a parent to comprehend. But I know if I ever have kids I'd rather enjoy the vacation opportunity to, you know, not have to worry 24/7 about my kid because I have someone at home taking care of them while I relax or enjoy myself freely, and since they're not going to remember either way it's not selfish to leave them behind if they're well cared for. There are many situations when traveling with a baby makes since, though, as I pointed out.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I get what you are saying, but this part of your post is extremely bitter.

Your complaints are aimed at the wrong target.

When I flew long-haul by economy I would take those seats too. If I don't, somebody else will. This mentality propagates. It is not a fault of the passenger, but of the airline that I am able to book those seats. Ultimately, the airlines don't care who sits there unless they sell those seats (most usually for a mark-up). If they truly cared, those seats would be left as reservable only by passengers travelling with children.

That's fair. I'll admit I got a bit emotional. I guess I come out fighting when someone says my kids should not be allowed to get on an airplane. It's more on the airline for making those lucrative seats open for anyone.

rasu

Dec 22, 2017
dang, dude, must be rough for ya. thinking of you, i hope your entire trip isn't ruined

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
Why would anyone fly without a decent pair of noise cancelling headphones? Just asking to be miserable.

Magni

My daughter took 16 flights before she was 1. First flight at 41 days. She's at 34 flights now, at 18 months. These are long haul flights for the most part, average flight distance is 2,515mi.

She's traveled well on pretty much every single flight.

Those who haven't traveled well have been quite a few of our neighbors.

When the cabin is dark,
a) shut up
b) turn down the brightness on your screen to minimum, or better, turn it off
c) shut up
d) definitely turn off your screen if you're going to sleep FFS
e) shut up

Incredible the amount of people who lack basic decency.

The worst travelers were a group of Mexican couples on a flight from MEX to PVG with a brief touchdown in TIJ, who would not shut up the entire flight. And then had the gall to complain that our daughter was crying because they wouldn't let her (or anyone else) sleep. It was pretty apparent that this was their first time on a plane, but still, some things should be pretty obvious. Especially when we asked them multiple times to be more considerate.

But apart from that one flight, she usually sleeps through most of the flight, and plays/reads/eats fairly quietly during her awake time. Oh, and walks around the aisles making friends with the cabin crew :)

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
I'll tell you a secret, if you can match the pitch and frequency of the baby's cries than they will actually cancel out. Baby will be stupefied and pass out immediately.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
You hear that, parents? Stay the fuck home because some dude can't wear earplugs.

Rad

Oct 26, 2017
Few times I have seen the airplane staff move the parent+baby to the front (or back) so it doesn't bother other passengers as much.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Or we could ban selfish people like who who are incapable of wearing headphones and/or ignoring a baby who can't help but cry. Sometimes people have to fly somewhere and don't have anyone to look after their baby. Suck it up.

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo
I took my (then) one year old from Japan to Scotland last year to say goodbye to my grandfather before he died. My grandfather was more like a father to me, and he really appreciated the chance to meet my kid. My kid was as good as gold during all flights except when we had to strap him in for takeoffs and landings. Travelling with kids isn't easy, but people have their reasons. Even if that reason is just needing a holiday. Deal with it.

Wherever you're going, they won't remember.

I really hate this bs logic. Seen it a few times now. I took my kid to the zoo a few months ago. I'm sure he's probably forgotten by now, but he really enjoyed himself there. But I guess I shouldn't take him on any fun days out, because he won't remember it, right? Guessing you had a miserable childhood.

In most cases, no one feels worse over a crying baby than its parent.

This.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So basically stop having any fun if you have kids?

Fuck that.

You can have fun without travelling very long distances on a plane
I really hate this bs logic. Seen it a few times now. I took my kid to the zoo a few months ago. I'm sure he's probably forgotten by now, but he really enjoyed himself there. But I guess I shouldn't take him on any fun days out, because he won't remember it, right? Guessing you had a miserable childhood.

Didn't say kid I said baby. Like under 18 months. I had an awesome childhood but remember nothing whatsoever from infancy other than the vaguest sense-memories. The zoo is also a great place to take a child and I would never dream of complaining about a noisy child OR baby at a zoo. It's a completely open and public space where noise and excitement are welcome and expected. I've yet to see a baby enjoy itself on an airplane.

Also the situation you outlined above is a completely understandable reason to travel with a baby, I never said "never" just that I don't get why it would be anyone's first choice to travel on a plane with a very young baby for a fun, throwaway vacation rather than just enjoy themselves locally until the kid is 3 or 4.

Last edited:

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I flew from B.C. to Ontario when I was less than a year old and at least once a year through my entire infancy/toddler period. My parents tell me I was good on planes but I'm sure I bothered people. My apologies to those people.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
How about you earn more money?. Stop flying steerage and pretending you don't stink of poor.

Poor people fighting is so cute. It's the design working in perfect harmony with the universe.

There's a reason u pay for first class or business. Or get a private jet.

Can't afford that? Deal with your income bracket And people that enjoy their children.

That's the reality.

Lol@ arguing over a baby with stale food and cramped ass sardine seats. Ya.. major problem. someone do something!!!

Lol

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
I would be fine with separate family sections honestly. Have all the parents with their shitty kids relegated to the back of the plane while the rest of us can attempt to enjoy the flight as best we can.

It's honeslty not babies that are the major issue though. I've been on flights where parents let their 5 year old kids run up and down the hallway, scream like banshees, kick the back of seats etc. And it makes me wanna kill someone. I swear half the people travelling these days don't have any decency.

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo
Didn't say kid I said baby. Like under 18 months.

I had an awesome childhood but remember nothing whatsoever from infancy other than the vaguest sense-memories. The zoo is also a great place to take a child and I would never dream of complaining about a noisy child OR baby at a zoo. It's a completely open and public space where noise and excitement are welcome and expected.

Funny, but I've seen the same "they won't remember" logic spouted about taking kids to Disneyland, which is also an open space. I wouldn't take my kids there, but I'm not going to complain on era about someone who does.

And for what it's worth, I have a pretty good memory, which most people who know me are aware of. A couple of years ago, my mother asked me what my earliest memory was. I described a very specific situation in great detail to my amazed mother who told me I would have been about 4-5 months old at the time. Yet I remember it vividly.

I've yet to see a baby enjoy itself on an airplane.

It's not about the flight and you know that. The baby might enjoy it wherever they're going. My kid was about 18 months old at the time and also enjoyed the flight, barring the aforementioned take-off and landing arrangements.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
How about you earn more money?. Stop flying steerage and pretending you don't stink of poor.

Poor people fighting is so cute. It's the design working in perfect harmony with the universe.

There's a reason u pay for first class or business. Or get a private jet.

Can't afford that? Deal with your income bracket And people that enjoy their children.

That's the reality.

Not poor, just cheap. And screw babies on planes, it isn't good for their health anyways.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Not poor, just cheap. And screw babies on planes, it isn't good for their health anyways.

Like I said. Poor people complain about flying a little above landing gear. Spoiler alert.. you've got no conviences because you aren't worth the time.

Wear your headphones and drink the day old coffee. The parents dropped, lol, the same fat roll for that ticket.

Let's get a word from the airlines about the saps complaining about babies on their value meal ass budget tickets:

Shits like complaining about a vagrant on a bus. What makes you think you're better than the bum that also barely scraped together fare? So u have some sort of entitlement. Lol.

As I said. By design.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Like I said. Poor people complain about flying a little above landing gear. Spoiler alert.. you've got no conviences because you aren't worth the time.

Wear your headphones and drink the day old coffee. The parents dropped, lol, the same fat roll for that ticket.

Let's get a word from the airlines about the saps complaining about babies on their value meal ass budget tickets:

Shits like complaining about a vagrant on a bus. What makes you think you're better than the bum that also barely scraped together fare? So u have some sort of entitlement. Lol.

I'm so sorry my leige. Please forgive me a common peasant for not knowing my place in the world. It's a honor to bask in your presence sir.

Deleted member 24097

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sent from my phone via in-flight WiFi as baby screams behind me. And in front of me.

Or there should be non-baby and baby planes. Like they used to have smoking and non-smoking.

You may think you're having a shitty time, but the baby has it far worse, closely followed by its parents.

Literally no one in my family lives in the same country, let alone on the same continent, so if I want to see my siblings I have to take planes.
My kids are teenagers now, but having had to take long flights with them when they were babies, trust me, it's not like parents don't give a crap or aren't trying their best to calm down their offspring.

If you can't feel enough empathy to understand babies cry because of discomfort, at least have the decency to let it slide.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Fucking lol @ this thread.

I was flying about 30 weeks a year for years - had Companion Pass for four years in a row with SW and only had a truly shitty kid on a flight maybe twice?

Now I'm a parent and you can damn well bet I'll fly with my kid. Took my one year old out to San Diego to play in the beach about a month ago alongside my wife. Some crying at take off and landing - but she had a blast in between or slept. Babies cry. You bought a discount ass ticket. Deal with it. Planes and air travel suck no matter what at this level - throw on some noise cancelling headphones and enjoy your shifty pretzels and spotty internet.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado

This post makes me think you'd be a victim of your own proposal.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think I'm better than anyone. I can put up with all kinds of annoying sounds, just not a screaming infant. And even the most expensive headphones do nothing for babies or voices.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand complaints of a baby crying, it the only way they can communicate. It really not a big deal, you think that baby wants to feel uncomfortable.