• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://gematsu.com/2018/05/azumatei-kwaidan-for-ps4-launches-june-15-in-japan

Azumatei Kwaidan is a 3D action-adventure game.

It is a full-fledged 3D action game with an emphasis on a sense of tension, and a fusion of point-and-click adventure.

The setting of Azumatei Kwaidan is an old mansion where many mysteries, complex mechanisms, and youkai exist.

Players will overcome the various difficulties in order to rescue the inhabitants of the mansion.

Hopefully this gets released in the West. It's interesting as we don't really get Japanese PnC games (except for Clock Tower), especially in the indie/doujin scene.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
PS4 version is June 15.

PC version is 2018 (no set date).

Just to clarify! =)

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
This looks really promising, the trailer nails the early/lower-budget PS2 presentation. You had me at Kuon ;)

I remember reading in one of the comments that the devs were planning to bring this to the West. I hope I wasn't dreaming or anything. :P
The developer has been answering YT comments, sounds like a Western release is in the cards:

screenshot2018-05-24ak5pn7.png

screenshot2018-05-24abcqro.png

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my gosh, please English. Kuon holds a special place in my heart and this looks like it'll poke at it.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Now that Shadows Die Twice didn't turn out to be Kuon 2, reminder that this is out in a couple of hours in Japan!
The dev said it will be up on the store around 10AM local time:

And another confirmation that an English version will be released: