• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Azealia Banks sparked concern from fans on Sunday after a series of disturbing messages were posted to her Instagram story.

"Yea, I think I'm done here," the initial post began. "This pandemic, extreme lack of social interaction, no intimacy, combined with the constant public ridicule is making life harder than its worth.

"I think I will end my tenure here on earth soon," the message concluded.

In a separate story, Banks, 29, said she is "not begging for attention or asking for sympathy/empathy."

"I'm just ready to go. Peacefully of course," she continued. "I will document my last times and release a film for you all to finally understand me, From my perspective."

Banks also wrote that her soul "is tired," and she's "ready to go."

pagesix.com

Azealia Banks posts cryptic messages on social media, alarming fans

The troubling messages appeared on the rapper’s Instagram story.

hopefully, she get the help she needs.

I can't imagine being a celebrity with all that attention and negative feedback at all times.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Those aren't cryptic... There is nothing to decode... These are direct crys for help.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't seem very cryptic.

I hope that she has a support system in place that can help her through this.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I guess the site is afraid to talk about suicide or mental health, so calls it "cryptic"

So stupid

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Plenty of hip hop fans have been saying she's mentally troubled since she posted a video of her bloody closet where she sacrificed chickens. Damn shame it keeps on coming down to direct suicide comments until people on Twitter take notice. Hope she's seeking the guidance she needs.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Man that's scary talk. I hope someone who loves her can get to her and spend some time. Sounds like she really needs some love.

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
She's posted a ton of IG stories expanding on the posts, I'm only halfway through hearing all of them but she sounds like she is just at the end of her rope and need of help.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
I always thought it was pretty rare for people who announce they are ending it like this, to actually follow through, either because someone thankfully reaches out to help them, or they have second thoughts, but recently Daisy Coleman posted similarly before ending her life, so I hope someone is listening to her here.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Celebrity: Posts rose emojis
Gossip sites: Omg this celeb is clearly
sending out distress signals and is being held captive.

Celebrity: I think I will end my tenure here on earth soon. I will document my last times...I am ready to go.
Gossip sites: Celeb sends cryptic messages which sounds a bit troubling.