• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Trump in 6 months

9VEcpji.gif
This is such a randomly dark scene for a superhero movie lol. You rarely see civilians getting killed, let alone pulverized.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
This is such a randomly dark scene for a superhero movie lol. You rarely see civilians getting killed, let alone pulverized.
This is what happens when you get a horror movie director to do Spiderman. And he's directing the next Doctor Strange so that will be interesting...

They weren't just civilians though. They're the CEOs of Oscorp, responsible for pushing the company down the route of making arms for the military.

It's not random anti-civilian violence, it's meant to be poetic justice against war profiteers.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I'm curious if he's even capable of embracing his MAGA/Q cult he's created once his Presidency is over.

He'll do rallies and speeches for them as long as he's getting money or it's furthering his goals, but I think the last thing he wants is to be around so many poor people (poor as in not millionaires).

He does love his "big crowds" so I'm sure he'll still do the occasional rally, especially if he thinks he can will again in 4 years (which isn't that crazy, this election was way too close for comfort IMO). My only hope is his health will degrade over the next few years and he won't be able to run, but then again evil white politicians seem practically immortal.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
"So you think the election was actually rigged Mr.Trump?"
"I do...and I am tired of pretending it's not"
maxresdefault.jpg

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
It would be perfect irony if we could just get these devoted Trumpists to actually work beneath Trump and see how fast he would shit all over them.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I mean until recently, this is the kind of shit you could see broadcast on OANN:

a8Z4PfL.png

So combined with all the other issues in his head, it's not surprising that he's behaving like this.

Also, the fact that he's miserable gives me energy and life. What a great day it is today!

I'm proud my state is so blue that even OANN can't pretend to think we can be switched :). Hell, they don't even pretend we're light blue.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The best part is he could have quite easily won reelection if he would have just gotten out of his own way and let the Dr's and Scientists take center stage then backed them up/followed their advice. However, he is actually incapable of letting someone else take the spotlight for even a second. His loss is almost entirely his own doing but he will never ever be able to recognize that.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The best part is he could have quite easily won reelection if he would have just gotten out of his own way and let the Dr's and Scientists take center stage then backed them up/followed their advice. However, he is actually incapable of letting someone else take the spotlight for even a second. His loss is almost entirely his own doing but he will never ever be able to recognize that.

His handling of the pandemic wasn't about spotlight, he knew that if he listened to the experts and scientists, it meant a mandatory shut down and a tanking of the economy, and in an election year that was a death knell for him, so his only option was to pretend it was exaggerated, or a hoax, and hope it somehow goes away. He painted himself into this corner with years of anti-science, pro-conspiracy rhetoric that riled up his base, those people weren't suddenly going to listen to doctors and wear masks even if Donald told them to (which again, he wouldn't because his re-election hinged on not letting the economy tank). He ran into a problem that he couldn't just tweet his way out of.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Psychologists will be studying this freak of nature for decades to come.

Imagine living your entire life, born into obscene wealth, given everything you've ever wanted. No problem or issue you can't lie or bribe or bully your way through. No test you can't cheat, no draft you can't dodge, no lawsuit you can't evade, no sexual assault you can't brag about. You're too rich, too powerful. You fail upwards your entire life, buoyed by sycophants and enablers. You never experience any true consequences, no true repercussions to any poor decision you've ever made.

... And for the first time in your life... you're told "no" and you have no power to change it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I think best case he would have just been bogged down in court cases for the rest of his life, but now the longer this drags on, the chance of him straight up going to prison just keeps going up.
If we're lucky he'll deny it so long he'll forget to pardon himself, or better yet deny he ever did anything wrong and his pride will stop him from pardoning himself. Or lock himself into the Oval Office on Inauguration Day, that's a 2 year sentence

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Paraphrasing heavily, but on multiple occasions, he has tried to bring his kids into the business fold, with mostly pallid results. Truth be told, the only one to get anything to stick has been Ivanka. He talks about just how much he verbally (and emotionally) abused both Eric and Don Jr. over their inability to capitalize on the properties and the millions upon millions he's sunk into their ventures. Like, it gets to a point where you almost feel bad for Don Jr especially. He has zero trust in him, so he's been relegated to being a political hype man who is being kept at arm's length. All those memes about him trying desperately to win his father's affection are grounded in some awful truth. Quartz summarized what Cohen testified about regarding the family businesses during the campaign and presidency, calling the relationship "tortured." He expounds on that testimony quite a bit. It got to the point of openly regretting giving him his name. It's nuts. He worries about his legacy because he doesn't think any of his children are worthy to carry the name.
Wow.

ironic considering Obama loves his children very much.

Nov 7, 2017
Welcome to NPD. Guy will be surrounded by only the most insane fringe lunatics - all using him - and be a sad, paranoid, spiteful old man. Even more so than now.

Oct 27, 2017

I don't know about that. If the US didn't have the worst pandemic response in the world (as far as I know) then Americans might be more skeptical of the value of masks/social distancing. I feel like the leaders of other countries got (less) push back against lockdown measures specifically because they could point to the US to show what happens when you don't do anything.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I have zero sympathy for the GOP brown nosers caught in his blast radius. Reap the whirlwind, motherfuckers, and perhaps do a little introspection for once in your worthless lives about how good of an idea it is to prop up a literal wannabe dictator.

Oct 27, 2017
His handling of the pandemic wasn't about spotlight, he knew that if he listened to the experts and scientists, it meant a mandatory shut down and a tanking of the economy, and in an election year that was a death knell for him, so his only option was to pretend it was exaggerated, or a hoax, and hope it somehow goes away. He painted himself into this corner with years of anti-science, pro-conspiracy rhetoric that riled up his base, those people weren't suddenly going to listen to doctors and wear masks even if Donald told them to (which again, he wouldn't because his re-election hinged on not letting the economy tank). He ran into a problem that he couldn't just tweet his way out of.
I disagree that Trump supporters wouldn't have worn masks if he told them to. I think he could have moved some people from making stupid choices and saved lives in the process because shifting narratives are not uncommon among Republican/QAnon circles and they follow along without (much) questioning. In fact, I bet he could have made money on it with some ugly looking MAGA mask. He could have spun it if he really wanted, but this would have meant that he'd face added pressure on COVID relief support and necessary shutdowns. The repercussions of those things would had an impact on the economy during the election and made his campaign harder than it needed to be.

Downplaying the virus was never about Trump's inability to move his base. It's was about looking out for himself.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's really true, it's much more self-deception and delusion than it is gaslighting. I kind of hate how everything seems to have become gaslighting, to the point where the word has lost its original meaning.

Agreed. "Gaslighting" has become the word that I think is most used and most used wrongly, enough where I'm constantly doing "google define gaslighting" because I legit think I've gone crazy and forgotten what it's meant. ...... I've been gaslighted by people saying gaslighting!

The actual essence of what Mary Trump is saying is convention ... Trump has surrounded himself with so many sycophants and yes men that he now believes his own bull shit.

I disagree that Trump supporters wouldn't have worn masks if he told them to. I think he could have moved some people from making stupid choices and saved lives in the process because shifting narratives are not uncommon among Republican/QAnon circles and they follow along without (much) questioning. In fact, I bet he could have made money on it with some ugly looking MAGA mask. He could have spun it if he really wanted, but this would have meant that he'd face added pressure on COVID relief support and necessary shutdowns. The repercussions of those things would had an impact on the economy during the election and made his campaign harder than it needed to be.

Downplaying the virus was never about Trump's inability to move his base. It's was about looking out for himself.

Right, Trump's disastrous response to COVID -- the worst of any leader in the world -- was because he hemmed himself in by making the economy the most important aspect of his re-election. Trump was so focused on re-election and, perhaps rightly, believed that the only thing that mattered was the economy and his bizarre perception of what "the economy" is, basically the DJIA.

By the time late March, early April rolled around and health experts around the the world were basically saying "wear a mask, they work, and they save lives," TRump had been so hemmed in by his own COVID denialism. For him to do an about face and then recommend masking is against everything in his psychological toolbelt. But it's why Trump is the way he is.

People still sometimes say, "Trump would have won this electiion if it weren't for COVID..." or "Trump was a great president until COVID hit," or some such nonsense, and sure, at least the first, without COVID Trump may very well have been reelected. But COVID, or some crisis similar to it, was inevitable under Trump, it's fundamentally who he is and it's the first crisis of his presidency that he didn't cause, the first external crisis. And his response was the worst response of any world leader, and the US is the worst country in the world. Trump supporters before the election were often saying, like, "Well, I don't blame Trump for COVID, he did the best he could do." Exactly, I agree with them. Trump did the best he could do, and the best he was capable of doing was the worst in the world.

Last edited:

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UmeĂĄ, Sweden
It's almost like chosing to work for the orange bastard was a bad idea to begin with and if you were offered the job, knowing you'd work under Trump, a man who's reputation of being an idiot was not a closed secret, and TOOK the job, well, tough fucking shit enjoy your verbal diarréa shower and potentially decimated career. Fuck you.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Vertpin looks like it was taken down and re-upped. Anyway, it is Pence speaking at a TP USA convention

Last edited:

IamError

Aug 22, 2020
I mean until recently, this is the kind of shit you could see broadcast on OANN:

a8Z4PfL.png

So combined with all the other issues in his head, it's not surprising that he's behaving like this.

Also, the fact that he's miserable gives me energy and life. What a great day it is today!

There has GOT to be consequences for broadcasting outright lies like this. Fox News knew how to reign it in a bit at least. This is outright bullshit being presented as factual news. If laws don't get passed making this shit downright illegal the Trump crazies are going to riot after being fed these lies and it's going to be 100% right-wing media' fault.

Oct 29, 2017
looks like it was taken down and re-upped. Anyway, it is Pence speaking at a TP USA convention

These people literally crave buzzwords and cheer at the very sound of them. There's no sense to any of what he is saying, no basis in reality.

January 20th will come and go, and Biden will be the 46th President of the United States, and these morons will be crowded in a room cheering for 4 more years. Sorry, you missed the bus. Your guy lost.

Oct 28, 2017
At this rate, I'd be shocked if Trump was still in the country come Inauguration Day.

He'll flee the country and say shit like "I'll never get a fair trial in the USA so I'm gone. Never lost! Corrupt Democrats!"

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Futabaisthebest<3 with the Julius Caesar line is that Caesar, in Shakespeares' play, is a tragic hero who becomes more and more unglued and conspiratorial ... the traps he set for his enemies that would make him emperor, are now being set for him.

The Shakespearian tragic hero that Trump most fits is King Lear.