• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, it reminds me of the guy who turned up for a job interview at the BBC and was subsequently put live on air as an expert for an interview by mistake.

Eh, Guy Goma thought on his feet and while largely incoherent, tried to answer the questions to the best of his ability in order to not tank the segment.

This is in my top 3 internet videos ever, and I watch it every so often to cheer myself up.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Claims not to know John Lewis but knows enough to keep a running tally on the times he didn't come to his state of the union speeches...uh huh

Even dead, John Lewis still has more integrity, courage and humanity in his pinky nail than Trump has, has ever had & ever will have throughout his whole body.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow. Ok, I stand corrected! I mean obviously the owner must have submitted the details as a joke or something.
I just found the old story it was just a pre filled out voter registration form for a cat, so it wasn't a ballot and if returned likely wouldn't have been granted anyways .
www.fox5atlanta.com

Deceased cat gets voter registration application in the mail

Deceased cat received a voter registration application in the mail, according to its former owners.

And corrected already before copying and pasting!

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Nah, any of the supporters he has left will just claim "how is he supposed to give straight answers when he's being attacked the whole time?????"
I mean, his bloated corpse could be propped in a chair while Stephen Miller controls him like a marionette and a tape recorder on his chest plays a loop of him saying, "It's gonna be great! The best! Tremendous!" and his supporters would applaud.

This is an especially bad performance from him, though. He's like Jack Lemmon's character in Glengarry Glen Ross. Desperate sounding.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
I mean, his bloated corpse could be propped in a chair while Stephen Miller controls him like a marionette and a tape recorder on his chest plays a loop of him saying, "It's gonna be great! The best! Tremendous!" and his supporters would applaud.

This is an especially bad performance from him, though. He's like Jack Lemmon's character in Glengarry Glen Ross. Desperate sounding.
funniest-simpsons-gifs-gil.gif

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
8 minutes in and Trump is just rambling about and Jesus he looked pissed when the reporter said that 1000 people are dying.

JohnsonUT

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe I sat through that. Blood pressure way up.

Props to the interviewer for trying. He just greater restraint than I could have.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
This reporter is a goddamn superhero. To sit through and listen to this rambling nutsack which is just a giant toxic waste, got to be exhausting.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
That chart section is amazing. It really shows how bullshit is presented to Trump in the most positive light possible. He clearly doesn't want to hear anything bad.

Oh wow, and this reporter finally asked about the Russian bounties. Why don't I ever watch this guy? He seems great.

Edit: Oh my god, is Trump seriously trying to explain how Russia was the USSR? Did he just learn about this?

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I guess I missed the point where Trump's immediate other answer for the Russia/Bounty thing (after saying "what about China") is "We supplied weapons to the Taliban/Afghan against Russia/USSR (back in the 80's)".

Whew, alrighty then.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Wow trump makes the claim that his friend got a mail in ballot request in his sons name who died 7 years ago. Also mentions a mail in ballot for a dog and millions more like it "who knows where the ballots are going"

jfc

He reads better than anybody who has ever gotten those briefings.

...did he just call Lester Holt "a real beauty"?

Lmao he does ahahahah

Last edited:

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
It's wild seeing such a clearly stupid man hold such high office.

wtf happened to America, this reality is beyond every American enemy's wildest dreams.

a genuine superpower reduced to an international laughing stock

julian

Oct 27, 2017
He is so unbearable. Just tries to steamroll through questions so he can repeat the same nonsense talking points.

Oh my god, Jonathan's face while Trump repeatedly says he did more for Black people than LBJ.

MoosetheMark

May 3, 2019
Trying to say the USA has the best testing numbers:

In Ace Attorney 7: "Hail to the Justice," Phoenix Wright dyes his hair, grows crooked with age and gets elected President. His arguing skills are long behind him. The dashing young reporter/lawyer Miles Gumshoe is relentless in his pursuit of the truth.

Last edited:

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so I see two possibilities here:

1. Trump has a list of people who did, and a list of people who did not, go to his inauguration (amongst other things), and he refers to them whenever he needs to decide who he likes or hates.
2. Trump was asked "will you go to Rep. Lewis' funeral?" and his response was to ask "did he come to my inauguration?".

Also, Trump thinks that's a normal response: "what did he ever do for me?". Although, for a Republican, that kind of is normal.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Can anyone tell me if Trumps chair is short? Im looking at the interview paused at 13:20, I think its just a combo of him squishing the cushion more and his jacket covering it. Slightly disappointed as my first take would have made this even funnier.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So testing is bad, because you have more cases

But cases are good, because you have a lower death/case ratio

Truly the logical train of a madman

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any recent numbers on excess mortality in the US this year? His disgusting insinuation that South Korea might be hiding the true number of deaths reeks of more projecting since he likely knows that the real US death toll from Covid is much higher than reported.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone tell me if Trumps chair is short? Im looking at the interview paused at 13:20, I think its just a combo of him squishing the cushion more and his jacket covering it. Slightly disappointed as my first take would have made this even funnier.
Yeah, he sat in that chair like he stand's upright. Leaning way forward, like either his legs are bent, or his suit is oversized to (attempt to) hide his fat

OP
OP
Jeremy

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
It's great to see this sort of pushback on Trump finally in the last few months of his presidency (hopefully), but it's baffling and infuriating that he got this far without this treatment.

I have to say that knowing that this was coming, the Biden team was smart not to release a VP pick this week.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
His answers to the John Lewis questions were not at all surprising, but it was still stunning to hear.

Bjorn

Feb 11, 2018
Denmark
That was rough. And I generally experience schadenfreude from watching the meltdown that is Trump's presidency.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
This man is a stunning level of stupid. As in, the vast majority of us don't know anybody that stupid. Think of the stupidest person you know. There is a very good chance that they are smarter than the president of this country. Its really astonishing when you think of it on that level. Its alarming how little he clearly knows about this beyond a few talking points. He has a bunch of charts which have been designed to be understood by a child, which try to put this in the best possible terms and twist the numbers so they don't look that bad and he can't even keep them straight. Its so obvious when someone tries to take even an incredibly simple concept and frame it in a slightly different way. His brain can't handle it.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
"I don't know anything about this John Lewis character you speak of - but I have a list here of every event he didn't attend involving me."