• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Axe on the daily in high school but for special occasions I had A&F Woods cologne. I had a couple threadbare flannel shirts that were so completely saturated with Woods I never washed them.

Nowadays I harshly judge anyone I encounter who is clearly wearing Axe.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
lA13aYj9m4oj2LWOXaKm8ZQAbaA1ZWofS9njp_DfoEI.jpg

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
I used to in middle school. Then went to Curve lol.

kiehls-fragrance-original-musk-eau-de-toilette-spray-50ml-000-3700194714666-front.jpg

Been rocking this for 10+ years now, but a whole lot less since the Pandemic.

MontlyCure

Oct 27, 2017
FL
I keep a can around to spray on my hands if I don't feel like washing them after using the bathroom but besides that I stopped using it in middle school.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I still use it, but just in my car. It's great for covering the smell of smoke when I am running in a store or something, and it's cheap to just keep one around.

I keep a can around to spray on my hands if I don't feel like washing them after using the bathroom but besides that I stopped using it in middle school.
lol, I've "sanitized" my hands with it too, it's mostly alcohol, it's flammable.

Though you know if you touch the can after the bathroom but before you sprayed it, then the next time you touch the can it's like touching your wiener, right?

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The only "deodorant" I knew of for that period of my life. Us kids were into smelling like an axe those days.
Regardless of the alleged scent of the ones I tried, they all just seemed to have the same headache-inducing stank of assorted chemicals.
The best part is when you'd spray them on yourself after you were already a stinko. That combined scent was something special.

axe-africa.jpg

I was an Africa boy.

lake

Oct 27, 2017
Nope.

I have this skin condition, I have to buy this one:
513essentialssoliddeodorantunscented.jpg
Yo this shit's actually great. I made my own deodorant for some years (milk of magnesia, water, scented oil) but this commercial one seems to have OK enough ingredients, works wonderfully, and the scented varieties actually smell great. I am usually the last person to ever endorse artificial body scents but over this last year in lockdown I've come around to a few of these, at least. Currently appreciating Juniper Berry.

D6AMIA6N

Nov 8, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I never understood "body spray". Is it somehow different than cologne? I'm 42, I just always wore a single spray of cologne on my chest. Not overpowering and is more prominent when your body temp rises.

Do you apply body spray in an X across your chest? Or does it go under your arms? Everywhere? Nowhere? Why do I need an aresol can of smell? Is it used instead of bathing? Does the can include directions for use?

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I never understood "body spray". Is it somehow different than cologne? I'm 42, I just always wore a single spray of cologne on my chest. Not overpowering and is more prominent when your body temp rises.

Do you apply body spray in an X across your chest? Or does it go under your arms? Everywhere? Nowhere? Why do I need an aresol can of smell? Is it used instead of bathing? Does the can include directions for use?

Yeah, they're different. Body sprays are a lighter, wisp of a scent.

Thanks to Axe/Lynx created by Unilever, men's body sprays are also designed to deodorize and cover up stench. They are very minimally effective.

True Underdog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I used these in high school, but not super regularly.

One of my buddies drove a somewhat functional '71 Super Beetle. I didn't have a car and he lived walking distance from my house, so we hung out a lot. Coming out of that car, we'd smell like exhaust/smoke, so he kept some in his car (green scent, idr the name) and I kept the blue scent (idr the name) in my backpack.

We also both worked at the movie theater and would use some after that to get rid of the buttered popcorn smell. Even after I started working as a projectionist, I'd still smell like popcorn so I would still use it.

It didn't really help me smell any better.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I used it into my mid 20s after it came out. Most of the shit stank. Most of what I use now have more muted scents.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
So many kids I knew growing up straight up thought dousing yourself in this was the equivalent of a shower.

I moved on from it for most of my life but I got a bunch of their products as a gift awhile back and use them from time to time in a pinch. I actually really enjoyed their shampoo.

EraldoCoil

Oct 28, 2017
Cali
Never used axe but if for some reason I forgot to put on deodorant in high school someone usually always had an axe can to use in the clutch lol

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely used it, I'm pretty sure I rocked Phoenix, during my first year in college in 2003. It was an emergency go to that I used when I woke up too late to shower and properly get ready for the day before heading out to class. Oh, if I could go back in time I would teach my 18 year old self so many things for a proper morning routine.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The ads are so stupid, thinking you can get laid with this stuff. Lol.

For me it does. If I were to use axe body spray, cologne, or any of the deodorants with artificial ingredients and fragrances, I would get this awful rash and get itchy for hours. With this stuff, I don't get them.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
I remember a girl on HS telling me she liked the smell of axe Kilo. So I started wearing that every damn day.

I stopped before college and just used deodorant and cologne.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
The only "deodorant" I knew of for that period of my life. Us kids were into smelling like an axe those days.
Regardless of the alleged scent of the ones I tried, they all just seemed to have the same headache-inducing stank of assorted chemicals.
The best part is when you'd spray them on yourself after you were already a stinko. That combined scent was something special.

axe-africa.jpg

I was an Africa boy.
LOL

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
No offence meant to those that still use it, but even when I was in high back in the late 90's i thought these smelt cheap and nasty.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I didn't personally use it but I was in a boys locker room during the mid-to-late 2000s so I probably was contact using it if we're being honest.

BolognaOni

Oct 27, 2017
Early 2000's in college had several friends that worked at a LAN center. Axe brought by a bunch of free samples, along with posters that featured adds with a good looking women and captions like "Don't worry honey, I'll get dinner, I know how expensive video games are".

Anyway, it all smelled so nasty, most of it just got tossed. Several cans were saved though, and for a while spraying people with it whenever they got too absorbed into whatever game they were playing was kind of a thing. I do recall "getting axed" once or twice, probably in the middle of what otherwise would have been an epic Tribes 2 flag cap.