• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
comic383.png

This one cracks me up the most.
I like Fox acting like a douche here.
I always wanted a sequel to this one.

Bayonetta:(chuckles)

Joker:(cough)

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I'm gonna start from the beginning. I've got a lot to catch up on.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Ironically, one of my favorite of her comics is one of the very few that don't have to do with gaming.

MIkq7Af.png

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
I like the Awkward Zombie comics. They're pretty on point and everytime when I read the localized AA script the "eat your hamburgers Apollo" pops up right away.

Btw, the Majima one is hilarious

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've been following Awkward Zombie for ages and it's amazing how consistent the webcomic's been (in terms of both quality and regular output). Here are some other favorites of mine that I don't think have been posted:

comic568.png

comic342.png

comic254.png

comic546.png

comic519.png

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Yeah, she's great. Sometimes there's a moderate stretch of comics that I don't get because Katie is playing a game that I'm not interested in, but her comics have been consistently top shelf for over a decade.

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Love her comics, been following them for a decade. Always manage to bring a smile to my face, especially her Smash and Fire Emblem comics.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"WELCOME RYU + RONY"
The entire Roy saga is incredible. Katie's Smash characters are always the best. And JelloApocalypse's dub of it above is superb.

Also: Stairs ("Staircrossed")
comic107.jpg

EDIT: I should probably post the one my avatar is from "Of a Feather"
comic402.png

Last edited:

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Easily my favorite webcomic of all time and the only one I've read consistently for over a decade.

Oct 29, 2017
They are great. Making them out of what she happens to be playing makes the jokes more genuine than trying to come up with something witty about whatever happens to be topical every week.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's the only webcomic I bother checking once every while and been doing so for... over a decade? Damn!

I like her take on Marth and Roy. I remember a long time ago someone translated Marth's Melee taunt as him being cocky, maybe that's where it came from?
This was the last one that got me LOLing for real. Just that simple image of the tramp piloting a ship and that dumb horrified expression. So good.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Awkward Zombie Marth's Smash Socioeconomic Tier List

further context which when viewed by itself requires more context

Duvf1ScWwAAbBFr.jpg:large

Katie Tiedrich's far too many points of reasoning via twitter condensed into list form:

1) no, Rosalina isn't royalty, no, Rosalina is also not a god, Rosalina is just some clown who had a spaceship
2) Marth does not recognize the sovereignty of King K. Rool or King Dedede
3) Isabelle has ascended from animal tier because she has a steady white-collar job, unlike sonic the hedgehog, who has a lifestyle incompatible with society and does not wear pants
4) donkey kong wears a tie but I don't think he has a job
5) do I know why people keep telling me yoshi is under audit by the IRS for tax fraud? no. do I believe it? yes, immediately and without question.
6) Robin has a Bad Dad and by the transitive property is also bad
7) Zero Suit Samus is not on this list because she is the same person as One Suit Samus. Doctor Mario is on this list because he is a different person than Mario, with all of his medical knowledge given separate physical form. This Is Canon
8) PAC MAN HAS A JOB
9) Mii Fighters Are Not Canon

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
"WELCOME RYU + RONY"
The entire Roy saga is incredible. Katie's Smash characters are always the best. And JelloApocalypse's dub of it above is superb.

Also: Stairs ("Staircrossed")
comic107.jpg

EDIT: I should probably post the one my avatar is from "Of a Feather"
comic402.png
I mean, technically Falcon is right. Falco is a pheasant and is more related to a chicken than a raptor :p.
Edit: I was incorrect. Falco does have similar plumage to certain pheasants but his in game profiles do refer to him as a falcon.

Last edited:

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
You almost turned my world upside-down, dude!
Yeah, I was so sure because I read about him a couple of years ago saying that he was more of a pheasant than a falcon because of his colors and plumage. Then I looked it up to specify what type of bird he was and then I looked at his profile and I was like "oh". My mistake though, it seems like he's more like a random type of "bird" than either of the two.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
I find them really cringy, to say the least.

These are not clever at all, the artist simply draws obvious remarks.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Always been my favourite game related comics for a good decade plus now, though I sorta fell off checking up when it went into what felt like years of MGSV.

It's an interesting approach because to really "get" most of the comics requires you to know the inherent mechanics of the featured game.

comic142.png

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England
I don't really enjoy them if I'm honest. The Apollo Justice one is good, and different, but the general format of "character in game bemoans their own game's oddities" doesn't do a lot for me.

larrybud

Oct 25, 2017
Something I love about Katie is how unobtrusive her comics are. She has an actual job, so I don't feel bad because I can't afford the Patreon, her comics are about video games and not characters in the comic, and they're always very original ideas. She will OCCASIONALLY post an update about what's going on with her, which I like, but its not a constant flow. She also has a super good variety. She's done a lot of comics in Metal Gear and Smash Bros, but she's aware of it and she doesn't care so long as its funny. She's got a very good system going.

it's sad that you wouldn't consider creating comics an "actual job."

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit some of these are laugh out loud funny.

Stuff like this never usually makes me laugh. Really impressed.